Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
unbelievable... such a silly bug that apple never fix... sad

Who gives a crap? Seriously who sits and watches their battery go down one by one? Guess lots of OCD going on around here. There are way bigger issues in iOS to fix than catering to the 50 people who don't have much to do than agonize over their battery going from 61 to 59.

Coupz

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2013
Who gives a crap? Seriously who sits and watches their battery go down one by one? Guess lots of OCD going on around here. There are way bigger issues in iOS to fix than catering to the 50 people who don't have much to do than agonize over their battery going from 61 to 59.
Sign!
My battery percentage jumps a lot on different levels (tested with percentage on for 2 days). I don't give a crap. Battery percentage off and don't think about your battery. Just use the phone and concentrate on more important things in life.

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Sign!

My battery percentage jumps a lot on different levels (tested with percentage on for 2 days). I don't give a crap. Battery percentage off and don't think about your battery. Just use the phone and concentrate on more important things in life.

While I agree that caring if it occasionally skips a percentage point is a little OCD, I never quite understand all these "don't worry about your battery" posts. If I'm going to be out and about and going to need to use my phone, I'd rather like to know if it's going to die on me. I also like to know if I'm leaving the house whether I should charge the phone first. I know my own usage patterns pretty well, so if I see I have 70% battery left, that tells me whether I can expect to get through the rest of the day. Looking at the icon and thinking "hmm, looks relatively charged" doesn't tell me that.

Saying "don't think about your battery" seems kind of like saying "don't worry about the gas gauge - just relax and drive."

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sign!
If there are a lot of jumps on different levels then there could actually be something with your battery and/or something else, as that is not what would happen normally or due to some known bug--turning off the percentage simply might hide a problem like that, while someone who doesn't turn it off would notice it and perhaps have Apple look into it (and maybe even get their battery or even the phone replaced if there's some particular issue there).

omegis83

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
If you're OCD about your battery and concerned the percentage may be off, I'd recommend Coconut Battery to check on your battery's capacity. You may be in need of a new battery.

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
Am I the only one who's getting insanely great battery life after updating to this beta? A very noticeable difference from 8.2. Today, I disconnected from the charger around 4:00 PM, used the phone a good long amount of time (including streaming Pandora through Bluetooth in my car for my entire hour and a half commute) and right now its 12:39 AM (so about 8 hours and 30 minutes later) and I'm at 61% battery. Crazy :eek:

Coupz

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2013
If there are a lot of jumps on different levels then there could actually be something with your battery and/or something else, as that is not what would happen normally or due to some known bug--turning off the percentage simply might hide a problem like that, while someone who doesn't turn it off would notice it and perhaps have Apple look into it (and maybe even get their battery or even the phone replaced if there's some particular issue there).

Sorry for OT but this is my replacement device. My original had the moved front camera, then I got a replacement where the display was loose and after sending that back, Apple forgot to send me another replacement. Their return and change quality has gone down a lot here in Austria (over the phone, there is no Apple Store here).
And I don't want to wait another 2 weeks with express changing to get a usable device.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
This is a thread about bugs, fixes and any changes, is it not?
Just because a particular issue doesn't apply to your use case, doesn't mean it shouldn't apply to everyone else's.

I call for equal opportunities for bug minorities!:D

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
If you're OCD about your battery and concerned the percentage may be off, I'd recommend Coconut Battery to check on your battery's capacity. You may be in need of a new battery.

Coconut is an awesome app indeed, but it's a Mac app, not an iOS app. :)

I wish there were an equivalent for iOS!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sorry for OT but this is my replacement device. My original had the moved front camera, then I got a replacement where the display was loose and after sending that back, Apple forgot to send me another replacement. Their return and change quality has gone down a lot here in Austria (over the phone, there is no Apple Store here).
And I don't want to wait another 2 weeks with express changing to get a usable device.
Well, whatever the details might be, the point that there can be other battery issues in a situation like that and that hiding the battery icon wouldn't resolve them (and could just hide them) still stands.

andrewhl

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2014
Am I the only one who's getting insanely great battery life after updating to this beta? A very noticeable difference from 8.2. Today, I disconnected from the charger around 4:00 PM, used the phone a good long amount of time (including streaming Pandora through Bluetooth in my car for my entire hour and a half commute) and right now its 12:39 AM (so about 8 hours and 30 minutes later) and I'm at 61% battery. Crazy :eek:

YES!!! Was just about to ask this on here. My battery life has been CRAZY GOOD as well! I have not seen battery life this good since iOS 6.1.4 on my iPhone 5 like 2 years ago.. I REALLY, REALLY hope this is not some fluke or something wrong with the percentage reading haha

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Safari still pausing all background audio then removing the app from control center. This happens on any site with embedded video. Meaning almost every site. Enraging at this point.

Also, I'm in airplanes probably 10 hours a week and there are a lot of apps that repeatedly pop up "turn off airplane mode for blah blah". Spotify and Downcast, in particular. How do you suppress these messages? Surely the app developers must know some people actually fly, right?

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
YES!!! Was just about to ask this on here. My battery life has been CRAZY GOOD as well! I have not seen battery life this good since iOS 6.1.4 on my iPhone 5 like 2 years ago.. I REALLY, REALLY hope this is not some fluke or something wrong with the percentage reading haha

Exactly what I was thinking! Reminds me of the good old iOS 6 days on my iPhone 5 as well.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
This is a thread about bugs, fixes and any changes, is it not?
Just because a particular issue doesn't apply to your use case, doesn't mean it shouldn't apply to everyone else's.

I call for equal opportunities for bug minorities!:D

Not true, bugs aren't created equal in the development world. There are much higher priorities for iOS and no software is bug free

omegis83

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
iOS 8.3 beta 4 Bug Fixes and Changes

Coconut is an awesome app indeed, but it's a Mac app, not an iOS app. :)

I wish there were an equivalent for iOS!

True that it's a Mac app but if you connect your iPhone to your Mac while that app is running, it'll give you battery information about your iPhone.

cc7f2e9495c10999a29781a4d8a6b23d.jpg

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
True that it's a Mac app but if you connect your iPhone to your Mac while that app is running, it'll give you battery information about your iPhone.

!!!!!!!!! Holy crap that's awesome! Must be a new feature because I don't remember it doing that before.

Thanks for pointing this out! :)

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Seems like Twiiter share from Safari is not working. Well. For me anyway. Could be the app itself. Anyone else?

gewawd

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Asia
I'm very happy so far with the battery life on my 5s.

That's pretty good considering we have the almost same usage habits and I'm getting almost the same battery on my iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 8.2.

May I just ask if your phone may have already reached 400 charging cycles or is it still relatively new?

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
That's pretty good considering we have the almost same usage habits and I'm getting almost the same battery on my iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 8.2.

May I just ask if your phone may have already reached 400 charging cycles or is it still relatively new?

I had to get it replaced in early February, so it's relatively new. But battery is noticeably better compared to 8.2 and previous 8.3 betas on the same phone. 5 hours passed by and I was shocked it was still at 75%. I thought it was a bug showing the wrong percentage, lol

dadiduekappa

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2013
Naples - Italy
Is dictation working for you? iPhone 6 i tap microphone, start to speak but after 3/4 seconds dictation stop alone, while i'm still talking.
Anyone else notice this?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
This has happened to me a few times since installing beta 4 (never happened on b3): my 6Plus will charge to 97% and stop there no matter how long I leave it plugged in. When I unplug it and plug it back in it jumps to 100% and says it's fully charged. Anybody else seeing this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.