Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
it could still be a bug that X doesnt work when doing an upgrade, but works when its freshly installed only. ios is made to be installed as an upgrade over the previous cause expecting users to completely wipe their device for every upgrade just..wont work

Apple doesn't expect users to upgrade from a beta. If you really want to test an upgrade, you need to do the upgrade from 7.1.2.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Try September 10.

Anyone get handoff working? It worked in previous betas, but now doesn't seem to.

No, not working for me.

All you need to do is enable it in Settings in Yosemite and the same on iOS 8 right? Nothing else? It's the first time I've tried it out.

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Uploading a photo to Facebook either via the App or via Safari doesn't work, it didnt in beta 4 either but now it fails in a different way.

In beta 4 using the Facebook app you could choose the camera icon to take you to the photo selector but no pictures were there to select and the app would freeze.
In beta 5 using the app tapping the camera icon now brings up a distorted update status box and the app freezes.

In beta 4 using Safari you could select the photo but it wouldn't upload the status bar just froze.
In beta 5 you cannot select the photo it just sits on the photo selection screen.

Do it from the photos app and use the share sheet

Mosi

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
The Nations Capital
Quick Reply Bug

Can anyone confirm that the Quick Reply SMS bug where you could not access the bottom row of the keyboard, has been fixed in Beta 5?

kevo0822

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
New England
Not sure if this is just a problem I'm having, since no one else is posting. I'm running the Yosemite PB and just updated my phone to iOS 8 b5... Since I updated my phone and "allowed" SMS relay to my Mac, every iMessage I sent from the Messages app on my Mac ends up getting sent as a text message. I don't know how that would relate to updating to b5, but it worked fine before and now it doesn't. Anyone else?

jasonklee

Suspended
Dec 7, 2007
Is that light blue wallpaper on the iPad new?

Grab handles don't work on iPhone 5 when using interactive notifications for Messages app.

Last edited:

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
No, not working for me.

All you need to do is enable it in Settings in Yosemite and the same on iOS 8 right? Nothing else? It's the first time I've tried it out.
Ok, at least I'm not alone. Yeah, I'm pretty sure nothing else is required.

Hand off is working fine for me.
Jealous. What kind of Mac/iDevice combo are you using?

brunosh

macrumors regular
May 14, 2014
What's that 'new blur effect' on the spotlight that a few people are talking about? I don't get it. Can someone post a screenshot please?

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
Seems like Beta 5 is more like a performance/bug fixing update rather than changes to UI and apps.

That's a good thing.

I was experiencing a lot of bugs in beta 4, not major ones but little bits here and there which were annoying. They all seem to have been fixed with beta 5 so yeah, I'm happy with this update.

dhruveonmars

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
UK
Try September 10.

Anyone get handoff working? It worked in previous betas, but now doesn't seem to.

Didn't work for me when I updated to the latest Betas. This worked for me though:

1. Log out of iCloud on one device, log back in, then again on the other device.

If it still doesn't work:

2. Disable Handoff on both devices, and then restart the devices. Then re-enable handoff on the devices.

It should work now.

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
Didn't work for me when I updated to the latest Betas. This worked for me though:

1. Log out of iCloud on one device, log back in, then again on the other device.

If it still doesn't work:

2. Disable Handoff on both devices, and then restart the devices. Then re-enable handoff on the devices.

It should work now.

Handoff suddenly started working for me in beta 4 although you need to make sure that your iOS 8 beta version matches your OS X developer version. So iOS 8 beta 4 works with OS X Developer Preview 4 and iOS 8 beta 5 works with OS X Developer Preview 5 etc.

They also fixed SMS in DP5 so you can send texts from your Mac now. In DP4 it just disregarded the message and never sent it. But yeah you might need to toggle the options a few times and keep trying. I've found though that (hopefully so far...) once it finally starts working then you're fine.

HarryT

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
What's that 'new blur effect' on the spotlight that a few people are talking about? I don't get it. Can someone post a screenshot please?

Here it is. Its blurred the screen dynamically rather than overlaying a pre blurred screenshot.

Edit: This is just as you start pulling down on the screen for spotlight.

FRQw6ri.png

Porsupah

macrumors regular
WiFi still dies randomly

I'll just gurgle quietly in frustration that my pet bug - random death of WiFi - remains in b5, on my iPad Air. With any luck, there'll be an automatic enquiry from Apple's bug tracker, soon, asking if it's still there, as was the case after b4 debuted.

(It did at least take a couple hours this time, but, it's been very unpredictable in the past, taking anywhere up to that long, down to within a minute of restarting, and everywhere in between)

Chr1st1an

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2014
Norway
Anyone having issues with Airplay Against Apple Tv 3gen?

I just get a small Window in the left lower corner of my TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.