Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
something funny: got an i6 last night and paired it to both of our cars (nissan leaf and plug-in prius).

this morning had to follow my wife, who was driving the leaf. i was in the prius. my music kept stopping, and i finally realized that when i came to a stoplight and was right behind her, the phone switched away from the prius and onto the leaf!

calling her was an adventure since she could not answer the call; her card display was showing my outgoing call!

i couldn't believe this... totally crazy. but i'm not sure it's an ios8 thing. not sure i've ever been in this situation before.

Moral: stop tailgating.

WaxedJacket

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
So iOS 8 was rushed. It's not the first time nor the last. Let's just hope they're quick with the fix like 8.0.2.

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
I feel bad for Apple now. What the hell is with this week/lastweek?

I no longer feel bad for them .... I am just pissed. Seems they don't do any Quality Control anymore.

I hope they will increase their QA in the future and rather put out less features but better working features (As they did in the past - more is not always better)

jtrenthacker

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
Maybe instead of worrying about a watch, they should've spent more time testing their software.

jdawgnoonan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Jefferson, WI
something funny: got an i6 last night and paired it to both of our cars (nissan leaf and plug-in prius).

this morning had to follow my wife, who was driving the leaf. i was in the prius. my music kept stopping, and i finally realized that when i came to a stoplight and was right behind her, the phone switched away from the prius and onto the leaf!

calling her was an adventure since she could not answer the call; her card display was showing my outgoing call!

i couldn't believe this... totally crazy. but i'm not sure it's an ios8 thing. not sure i've ever been in this situation before.

That is just as likely to be an issue with your Bluetooth system in your car as with your phone.

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
Have Toyota Rav4 w/navi (Entune) and it works fine.

Also have aftermarket Clarion HU in my other SUV and it works there too.

not in a car but Anker MP140 Bluetooth speaker and Logitec UE both work too. As does Samsung Soundbar.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Paging scott forstall. Dr forstall. Please report to the emergency room.

In reality a lot of changes have been made under the hood over the past 3 releases, in part to resolve some of the short sighted decisions that Forstall made and Jobs approved. For example, iOS is not resolution-independent like Android. Part of the reason Apple couldn't just release a "bigger iPhone" until this year is that they needed to build in some capabilities so that apps could be rewritten to work with screens of differing resolutions. It isn't full resolution independence but it does the job for now.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
Apple only sells a limited amount of hardware compared to most companies. I have no idea how they're unable to test stuff like this before release.

It's called 'complexity'. There are simply too many variables and possible configurations to verify every one of them in a timely manner before release. Letting the voluntary 'early adopter' program perform hundreds of thousands of tests in just a few days is probably the quickest way to find most of the problems. If you don't like it, drop out of the 'early adopter' program.

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
Us Mazda 5 owners get a double-whammy, because the car loses Bluetooth capability on a semi-regular basis and the only remedy is to unplug the car battery, get in the car and tap the brake pedal, and then re-connect the battery.

jdawgnoonan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Jefferson, WI
I no longer feel bad for them .... I am just pissed. Seems they don't do any Quality Control anymore.

I hope they will increase their QA in the future and rather put out less features but better working features (As they did in the past - more is not always better)

Better than the situation with my Samsung Galaxy Note tablet. Had similar connectivity issues with it (involving ChromeCast, not Bluetooth) and it took them 5 months to fix the issue (that thousands were reporting but that they never acknowledged prior to fixing it after 5 months). The issue impacted all Note products running Android 4.4. This issue actually even forced you to hard reboot the device to even use it after the error occurred.

ronwasserman

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Los Angeles
Other than updating to IOS8 which I shouldn't of done, this is why I always wait on Apple stuff.

Current waiting list.

1 - Mac Pro (benchmarks were not good enough, new processors coming.)

2 - iPhone 6 plus - (do I need to say why?)

3 - Yosemite, when released. Will wait 6 months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.