Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
Anyone that can point me to a simple/thin but sturdy case with a Microsoft surface pro like kickstand? Don’t need a front/Smart Cover.

Reactions: mattshup

Mac407

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2018
The amazon basics 11.6 inch sleeve is a perfect fit and will fit with the apple Smart Keyboard case attached

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I love the iPhone XS Max and wallet I got from them.

I ordered directly from their website and got it delivered from Europe to Australia in 2 weeks.

Just got tracking number, and it shows this will be delivered to me in three days. I'm pretty sure this can't be arriving that fast unless the craftsman is personally flying it to the mid-west USA ;) I did order via Amazon.com.

Like I said I'll review and post here. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

veryangrybirds

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
for those who plan to get the otterbox case and the smatree case ( https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-12-13-3-Protective-Carrying-Briefcase/dp/B076Q5S4WV ) here is what it looks like ...

fyi .. you can't have the pencil inside the flap when storing it with the smatree case

upload_2018-11-20_19-0-56.png

upload_2018-11-20_19-1-6.png

Reactions: Pseudo-Fed

Confuse123

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2016
Posted in the old thread...figured this was newer/more relevant to the new ipad pro

I bought the following two cases to compare and keep one...

Ztotop: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J4K6ZK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TiMOVO: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H7BT3RZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're practically almost identical (same cutout/design/material), except the Ztotop has their logo at the bottom right and the TiMOVO doesn't have any branding. I noticed that BOTH cases have somewhat weak magnets that will make the cover sag if you turn it face down. For example, when the smart cover lid is closed on the front, if you flip it over, the lid will remain attached, but it will sag from the middle depending on how you hold it. If you flip the lid back to use the ipad, it will do the same thing, unless you're holding it with both hands to support it, or hold it from the end.

But for $25, I can't complain. Just wish the magnets on the lid were a tad stronger so the lid wouldn't sag. I noticed right off the bat the Apple case does not have this problem. But it's quite minimal. Gotta do some more testing to see which case (nearly identical) I will keep.

Reactions: frou

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
Posted in the old thread...figured this was newer/more relevant to the new ipad pro

I bought the following two cases to compare and keep one...

Ztotop: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J4K6ZK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TiMOVO: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H7BT3RZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're practically almost identical (same cutout/design/material), except the Ztotop has their logo at the bottom right and the TiMOVO doesn't have any branding. I noticed that BOTH cases have somewhat weak magnets that will make the cover sag if you turn it face down. For example, when the smart cover lid is closed on the front, if you flip it over, the lid will remain attached, but it will sag from the middle depending on how you hold it. If you flip the lid back to use the ipad, it will do the same thing, unless you're holding it with both hands to support it, or hold it from the end.

But for $25, I can't complain. Just wish the magnets on the lid were a tad stronger so the lid wouldn't sag. I noticed right off the bat the Apple case does not have this problem. But it's quite minimal. Gotta do some more testing to see which case (nearly identical) I will keep.

Just returned my Smart Folio and got a Ztotop. The thing that put me off on the Smart Folio was obviously the price, but also the sharp edges which I believe the Ztotop is slightly better.

R.P.G

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2016
Somewhere
can someone suggest some case which covers the whole body(unlike magnetic) with soft material(preferably with pencil support) . my kid uses my ipad too.cant depend on magnetic folio case alone for safety.

dadams1

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
I have the keyboard folio which I like, but I do like to go caseless around the house, on the couch, etc. What i’m Looking for now is a magnetic back with a grippier texture that keeps the iPad from sliding. No need to wrap around the edges, just a flat back that attaches with magnets. Ideas?

Confuse123

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2016
I just bough the two Sena ipad cases since they have a 40% off black Friday sale. I'll report back when I receive them. I got two cases for the price of one apple folio case. lol We'll see how they turn out...

Reactions: lyngo and jazz1

gjr74

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2017
PA, USA
Yes, I like the clean look and the contrast between the space grey/white.
Would love to see some pictures of the space grey iPad with the white folio.

6C200CDE-695A-47C9-BCD5-965381DC941F.jpeg 124CA113-2507-4F83-8654-669850D4A49E.jpeg CA5CAF1B-52BA-4D93-9D74-61B249D4C4D6.jpeg 986E2BB7-B186-498D-AE51-96AE3D58AED2.jpeg

The white on gray looks great- I ordered one and tried it out. Unfortunately my fears about easily getting the case dirty came true as I placed it down on a table I thought was clean, and as you can see, a smudge was left on the back of the case. I tried but couldn’t easily clean it off with degreaser or all purpose spray cleaner. I would have had to resort to using a magic eraser. I returned it and I’m using my gray one for now.

Attachments

• 9EC7A5E1-F894-40C1-BD9A-3C98A3BB4D0A.jpeg
    9EC7A5E1-F894-40C1-BD9A-3C98A3BB4D0A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 230
Last edited:

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
View attachment 806002 View attachment 806003 View attachment 806004 View attachment 806005

The white on gray looks great- I ordered one and tried it out. Unfortunately my fears about easily getting the case dirty came true as I placed it down on a table I thought was clean, and as you can see, a smudge was left on the back of the case. I tried but couldn’t easily clean it off with degreaser or all purpose spray cleaner. I would have had to resort to using a magic eraser. I returned it and I’m using my gray one for now.

That white sleeve with gray looks neat! I should have gone with the white sleeve. Reminds me of an Oreo cookie in reverse:D

Reactions: chiefsucker

gjr74

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2017
PA, USA
Exactly! I’ve had a dark gray case on my iPads going back 1.5 years with my old iPad 12.9 too and I really would like a change. I’m thinking maybe applying random Apple or other decals to the back would solve the issue of easily staining, but I’ve never been that person you see at the coffee shop with decals plastered all over his/her MacBook.;)

R.P.G

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2016
Somewhere

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
I just bough the two Sena ipad cases since they have a 40% off black Friday sale. I'll report back when I receive them. I got two cases for the price of one apple folio case. lol We'll see how they turn out...

Which one did you get? Future Folio or the Venette one?

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
looking for a case recommendation. Not many good cases available. any reviews on designs like below..just looking for temporary solution. will get a nice one when available.not comfortable using ipad without case. i am in australia and not many options.(looking for something with soft edges instead of plastic edges)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-iPa...TnAYj9rO6NQ:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true#shpCntId

(or)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-iPa...f429b5e2:m:mcVvxqF3rNrD4vLgHd5T0bw:rk:43:pf:0
Are these types of cases suitable for using the iPad in your lap? I have mine on my lap the majority of the time.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Crazy Horse iPad 2019 12.9" Sleeve has arrived a day after Thanksgiving. Wow shipping was fast! It was actually a lot of fun watching it track from overseas to Mid-West USA. Okay, I don't get out of town much ;)

I love the look and it is put together well. Stitching is even, no missteps here. The leather has slight, but beautiful imperfections. I like that a lot! I'm sure with use it will take on even more character.

The magnetic closure tabs align and snap shut with perfection. In a fit of ego I did have my initials added as a holiday gift to myself.

Of course it isn't cheap, but I think it is worth it if you like leather and enjoy the contrast the felt backing gives the sleeve. It is IMHO a distinctive design. Note the iPad fits in it with either the Apple Keyboard folio, or the Apple folio. I think thicker folios would work, but probably not totally armored "SWAT" style iPad case.

Because it has a "pocket" as opposed to a "wrap" around style there is a soft edge on three sides (which excludes the top flap). I find it more comfortable holding it upside down so the felt cover fits in the palm of my hand. I

To be fair I have smallish hands, I think medium to large hands will be able to "palm" it from the bottom of the case with ease. I'm also wondering if that in a short drop the standoff soft leather and felt edges might take a little force of the impact. Think of a stuffed ravioli ;) No, I'm not going to start another "Bendgate". Those abuse videos really irritate me.

Final notes. I'm very happy with this purchase. I did pay for it, so no bribe for a good review was on the table. There was a small gift of a leather key holder included. A nice touch!
! IMG_0117.jpeg IMG_0115.jpeg IMG_0116.jpeg

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Crazy Horse iPad 2019 12.9" Sleeve has arrived a day after Thanksgiving. Wow shipping was fast! It was actually a lot of fun watching it track from overseas to Mid-West USA. Okay, I don't get out of town much ;)

I love the look and it is put together well. Stitching is even, no missteps here. The leather has slight, but beautiful imperfections. I like that a lot! I'm sure with use it will take on even more character.

The magnetic closure tabs align and snap shut with perfection. In a fit of ego I did have my initials added as a holiday gift to myself.

Of course it isn't cheap, but I think it is worth it if you like leather and enjoy the contrast the felt backing gives the sleeve. It is IMHO a distinctive design. Note the iPad fits in it with either the Apple Keyboard folio, or the Apple folio. I think thicker folios would work, but probably not totally armored "SWAT" style iPad case.

Because it has a "pocket" as opposed to a "wrap" around style there is a soft edge on three sides (which excludes the top flap). I find it more comfortable holding it upside down so the felt cover fits in the palm of my hand. I

To be fair I have smallish hands, I think medium to large hands will be able to "palm" it from the bottom of the case with ease. I'm also wondering if that in a short drop the standoff soft leather and felt edges might take a little force of the impact. Think of a stuffed ravioli ;) No, I'm not going to start another "Bendgate". Those abuse videos really irritate me.

Final notes. I'm very happy with this purchase. I did pay for it, so no bribe for a good review was on the table. There was a small gift of a leather key holder included. A nice touch!
! View attachment 806159 View attachment 806160 View attachment 806161

That looks great! Still undecided between this (to match the wallet and xs max sleeve i got from them), harber London, Joli or Carl Friedrik haha

Reactions: jazz1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.