Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivenus

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
does summboard 1.1.1 still work and jailbreak 1.1.1 and such... can i just downlode this update and still have everythign still hmm?

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
There werent really any changes. Just getting rid of the TIFF exploit and adding some language support, not a big deal but good to have.

Yep.

I was hoping for a delete all button in email.... :D

Maybe after Christmas.

Seems like apple may not want to do a big update till Jan now with so many iphones going to be shipped bought in the next 10 weeks and people being so busy.

Hope I am wrong.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Yep.

I was hoping for a delete all button in email.... :D

Maybe after Christmas.

Seems like apple may not want to do a big update till Jan now with so many iphones going to be shipped bought in the next 10 weeks and people being so busy.

Hope I am wrong.

Me too, but that sounds pretty logical, i mean, we dont want another iDay fiasco on apples servers. Could you imagine waiting 2 days for a 160MB update!?

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Me too, but that sounds pretty logical, i mean, we dont want another iDay fiasco on apples servers. Could you imagine waiting 2 days for a 160MB update!?

It was large wasn't it?

Yep. They are prob. prepping for mass activation on Dec 25th and 1.1.2 was part of the prep work.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
The ringtone isnt working for me.
I convert the song to AAC. I then copy and paste it to my desktop to make it an .m4r. I then double click it to play, it goes to my ringtones, however i cant sync it.

I am using Windows XP.

Help would be appreciated. thank you.

xmax21

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2007
Chandler, AZ
I when ahead and uploaded the new firmware and now i got I error message in itunes saying "itunes could not connect to the iphone because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iphone before it can be used with itunes"

the on;y problem is when i go to the iphone, i don't get an option to put in my passcode. I can only get the dial key pad for emergency calls... please help

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
I convert the song to AAC. I then copy and paste it to my desktop to make it an .m4r. I then double click it to play, it goes to my ringtones, however i cant sync it.

I am using Windows XP.

That was happening to me too. What I had to do was instead of clicking it and letting it automatically go into iTunes, just drag it from your desktop and put it into the ringtones section yourself. Hope that helps.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
That was happening to me too. What I had to do was instead of clicking it and letting it automatically go into iTunes, just drag it from your desktop and put it into the ringtones section yourself. Hope that helps.

I did that along with shortening the song.

it syncs, but doesnt show up on my phone. grr

olegandbuster25

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
San Antonio, Texas

I am using Windows XP.

are u making the song 30 sec or less ??
u have to do that with some kind of software or it wont sync with your phone

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Is there a program for Windows users to give these files better quality, while croping them? I use sound recorder, but the quality is crap.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
are u making the song 30 sec or less ??
u have to do that with some kind of software or it wont sync with your phone

Yea make sure you do this. And also you might want to make it a little less than 30 seconds. i made mine all around 27 seconds. for some reason itunes seemed to add a second or two the the ringtones i made......:confused:

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Is there a program for Windows users to give these files better quality, while croping them? I use sound recorder, but the quality is crap.

i just picked a free to try editing software off of cnet and im going to use that until it expires in like 14 days

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Yep, this did seem to help with the bluetooth headset, thanks.

But my custom ringtones that I've made and that have always worked before (using both the 1.02 method and the iToner method) are still not working.

Can someone confirm that they can actually create a new ringtone, make it into a .m4r file and get it into your iPhone with the new update and actually have it sound?

Works here. Make sure you don't have the same file in iTunes as .m4a.

I had a .m4a on Desktop, renamed it .m4r and dragged in onto my Library in iTunes. It put it into the Ringtones folder, synced with the phone, and played fine.

ilogic

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
New Jersey
Soundcheck on Ringtone

I did that along with shortening the song.

it syncs, but doesnt show up on my phone. grr

Hmm.. They should show up on the very top...

It's working for me just fine for me.

Also, when you're converting MP3 to ACC dont raise the quality of the song since the iPhone speakers aren't good enough to play it, you'd think you'd get clearer sound but you'll end up with fuzzier ringtones. Keep it at 128 KB and don't raise it 192.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
I know we went through this for the safari seeming snappier, however when visiting macrumors.com earlier, it was much slower thm current. Not sure if this is due to the firmware or not, but the wifi safari so far is quicker.

orbital

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2006
I tested 1.02 on CNETs bandwidth tester. The rating was 17 Kbps. I tested 1.1.2, 131 kbps.... its a LOT snappier. Can anyone tell me what 3G phones test at?

dangleheart

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007

I am using Windows XP.

It has to be less than 30 seconds. Without knowing this, I put a longer one and it did not show up in iTunes as syncable ringtone. I cut it down to 14 seconds and it showed up. I am a bit of an amateur musician and I put my own music as a ringtone. It feels so good :) I will offer it free of any copyright to whoever wants it :cool:

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I know we went through this for the safari seeming snappier, however when visiting macrumors.com earlier, it was much slower thm current. Not sure if this is due to the firmware or not, but the wifi safari so far is quicker.

Wifi faster than EDGE :eek: I think that goes without saying...

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
I tested 1.02 on CNETs bandwidth tester. The rating was 17 Kbps. I tested 1.1.2, 131 kbps.... its a LOT snappier. Can anyone tell me what 3G phones test at?

im pretty sure edge speed vary a lot depending on how many people in your area are using the network and depending on where your located in general.

rynox77

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2007
i just picked a free to try editing software off of cnet and im going to use that until it expires in like 14 days

For you Windows users, there is a handy program called WavePad. I'll let you Google & find it, but the software maker has a free version that owns. You can do a ton of audio editing and it will read and save in several different formats.

Edit: ...And by the way, I had a ringtone file that, for no good reason, it wouldn't sync with my phone. Others work just fine. Who knows. *shrug*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.