iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Hands-On: Much-Improved Cameras Within Unsightly Bump

Chloros

macrumors regular
May 4, 2016
Feels like the movies service was a fail and they decided to make it free if you keep buying ipads and iphones or maybe that was the whole intention. Not really to compete with Disney or Netflix since i dont see people leaving them for what apple has to offer.

Reactions: MacUser09425

iDiots

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2017
Apple was sure to have a distinguishing feature (two cameras vs three) so everyone knows where you stand in the apple hierarchy. It's like renting an RV and having the giant 1-800 number and the "YOU CAN RENT ME!" on the side. Everyone knows you don't actually own that s***.
LMAO! Comment made my day, vote this guy for president

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2018
Although I'm tempted to get iPhone 8 as that price is super cheap. The cost on 11 Pro in Canada is insane. Almost $1600 before tax - wtf is that?
XS Max in the US = USD 1099
XS Max in Canada = CAD 1519

1 Apple Dollar = 1.38 Canadian Apple Dollars

Considering that the actual exchange rate is 1 USD = 1.31 CAD, that's actually the same price with a small buffer.

archer75

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
Usually in these events there's a lot of things apple doesn't discuss that come out later. Like the audio zoom. Improved water/dust rating. Ultrawide band chip for spatial awareness. Improved Face ID. I believe they also have more RAM now too. They didn't talk about wifi 6 but it was listed on the slides.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax44

Tivoli_

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2017
Instead of a new iPhone Pro 11, I'd rather spend my money on an 12.9 iPad Pro. You get more hardware for less bucks. My iPhone SE is still very pleasing in size and functionality.

Freida

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2010
I think calling the event a disaster simply because of this was an overstatement. We all knew it wasn't the year for a super cycle.
I only called it a disaster because Apple's invite headline. If the headline was different I would change my wording to just incremental improvements with some nice surprises.

"By Innovation Only" was really too confident

pmore

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2018
I only called it a disaster because Apple's invite headline. If the headline was different I would change my wording to just incremental improvements with some nice surprises.

"By Innovation Only" was really too confident
It's a mockery. We all know, even Tim knows there's no innovation. Samsung is innovating with the fold thing. Apple will keep playing safe.

PickUrPoison

Suspended
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
<snip>
Although I'm tempted to get iPhone 8 as that price is super cheap. The cost on 11 Pro in Canada is insane. Almost $1600 before tax - wtf is that?
Actually it’s $1,379... and you realize those are Canadian dollars, right? :)

But yeah, it’s USD50/C65 more expensive than it is here in the States. Usually it’s closer, and sometimes the price in Canada is even cheaper than the US.

I’d guess that Apple expects a stronger US dollar and/or a weaker Canadian dollar going forward and wants a buffer. If they price it straight across right now, any adverse FX move puts them in the hole.

Reactions: MacUser09425

GregJohn

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2015
Saskatoon, SK
I have the XS Max Gold and thought I’d change it to the green as it looks sleek but people keep saying the new gold looks amazing... imma have to see the two in person.

unless I’m wrong it looks like the front camera is not wide angle lens?
And Face ID does not work in any direction like the iPad?

I hoped it would get those features but ‍♂

NervousFish2

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2014
All the bellyaching, people, come on! Moan, moan, moan. Camera bump? Really, who cares? Stick a case on it, and enjoy the ride. As usual, Apple provides killer phone with great camera, meets unbeatable app ecosystem, with seamless integration of unmatched services. This is Apple's selling point. If you don't like it, you're free to enjoy the misery of one of the competitors. But as regards this lineup, the only real missing feature is a silly gimmick anyway, which is stackable charging. How many people are actually going to use that?! Lets be real.

Remember, all corporations suck. They exploit us for profits in as many ways as they can. Apple adds a price point, and respects us a little bit more, most of the time. Criticisms? Sure, plenty (the iPad Pro cases are stupid... they don't protect the edge of the device at all... and the paint chipping off the iPhone 5 was an absolute con job pulled over on the consumer -- thanks Steve Jobs). But I'll stay with Apple, so long as the basic proposition remains so unbeatable.

In the long run, lets have worker ownership of all of Silicon Valley, and seize their stupid huge cash piles. But so long as we have to live in capitalism, Apple remains the best of a bad lot.

bryanios

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2017
I'm really not a fan of this Matte Gold colorway of the iPhone 11 Pro. In my opinion, the Gold iPhone XS Max was really dead on the money of pure Gold and it was the color to go for. They've tried so many times to get it right but never got it right until the iPhone XS Max and with this Matte Gold colorway for iPhone 11 Pro, I'm just not feeling it. I might be wrong here but I'd like to hear what you guys think?
I think it’s because it’s not matte rather than glossy
[doublepost=1568154859][/doublepost]
It cracks me up how many people are complaining about the “hideous camera bump”. It won’t even show in a case. It looks fine not in a case. Why all the drama?
Because I wanna use my phone without a case but now I have to put a case on because the damn bump makes phone shakes every time I use it on the table. Get it?

Reactions: snek

NickName99

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2018
I think it’s because it’s not matte rather than glossy
[doublepost=1568154859][/doublepost]

Because I wanna use my phone without a case but now I have to put a case on because the damn bump makes phone shakes every time I use it on the table. Get it?
There’s been a camera bump since the iPhone 6 in 2014. Have you been raging about it for all these years?

bryanios

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2017
I just... exploded myself?

Anyways I mean, maybe adapt to change or something? 5 years is a long time to be so angry about a camera bump
Yeah anyways I mean, don’t tell me what to do.. Hope you enjoy that double dump camera because you sound like you’d just accept whatever things happen to you and not raising your voice. Just adapt, right?

Reactions: Macpro2019