Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
Actually it’s $1,379... and you realize those are Canadian dollars, right? :)

But yeah, it’s USD50/C65 more expensive than it is here in the States. Usually it’s closer, and sometimes the price in Canada is even cheaper than the US.

I’d guess that Apple expects a stronger US dollar and/or a weaker Canadian dollar going forward and wants a buffer. If they price it straight across right now, any adverse FX move puts them in the hole.
I was talking about the 256GB version as the 64GB can't be even discusses. That is not a Pro device.
An item that is heavily oriented about 3 cameras and 4k video cannot have 64gb storage. That is just a joke.
Its just too much. Damn :(
Apple is offering me $60 for iPhone 6. Hahaha, for that money I might just keep it as a back up :)
Not sure what I will do. Maybe I'll write Santa to treat me for xmas or maybe I'll just survive another year on iPhone 6. That phone seems to give me tremendous value.

giebe

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2014
Germany
I was really expecting to much from the subject „by Innovation only“. Where is it? Nice little performance updates etc but nothing really innovative. They could at least try to build a 3in1 camera to avoid the ugly back.

And the naming gets weirder. What is it called next year? 11RS and 11 Pro S and 11 Pro Max S?

at the beginning of the Video for the 11 pro I thought it would have the design of the iPad pro. Which would have been cool. Also with usb C. Nothing

Reactions: BJMRamage

Scottsoapbox

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2014
Apple was sure to have a distinguishing feature (two cameras vs three) so everyone knows where you stand in the apple hierarchy. It's like renting an RV and having the giant 1-800 number and the "YOU CAN RENT ME!" on the side. Everyone knows you don't actually own that s***.

You really shouldn't worry about what other people think about your phone. We really don't care.

Reactions: Crow T Robot

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Apple was sure to have a distinguishing feature (two cameras vs three) so everyone knows where you stand in the apple hierarchy. It's like renting an RV and having the giant 1-800 number and the "YOU CAN RENT ME!" on the side. Everyone knows you don't actually own that s***.

As a photographer, I make photographs. And image quality and features are all that matter to me in a phone cam.

I could give two trucks how the phone looks to others. Standing in the Apple hierarchy is likely most interesting to school kids.

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
I was really expecting to much from the subject „by Innovation only“. Where is it? Nice little performance updates etc but nothing really innovative. They could at least try to build a 3in1 camera to avoid the ugly back.

And the naming gets weirder. What is it called next year? 11RS and 11 Pro S and 11 Pro Max S?

at the beginning of the Video for the 11 pro I thought it would have the design of the iPad pro. Which would have been cool. Also with usb C. Nothing
No innovation is the new innovation. Many can innovate and many can’t innovate. But only some can not innovate on purpose.

Attachments

• 2B785943-78FE-4350-8B07-D194E319492D.jpeg
    2B785943-78FE-4350-8B07-D194E319492D.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 59

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
I was talking about the 256GB version as the 64GB can't be even discusses. That is not a Pro device.
An item that is heavily oriented about 3 cameras and 4k video cannot have 64gb storage. That is just a joke.
Its just too much. Damn :(
Apple is offering me $60 for iPhone 6. Hahaha, for that money I might just keep it as a back up :)
Not sure what I will do. Maybe I'll write Santa to treat me for xmas or maybe I'll just survive another year on iPhone 6. That phone seems to give me tremendous value.
It’s not inexpensive, that’s for sure. For people that don’t take a lot of photos or videos, 64GB is fine. If you’re really into it the 512 would definitely make the most sense. But I don’t think the storage size determines whether it’s “Pro” or not.

When Apple uses Pro to indicate the models with the most/best features. It’s not as if the 11 Pro/11 Pro Max are literally only meant for pro photographers. (Though I doubt a Pro photog would settle for the entry level iPhone 11!)

NickName99

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2018
Yeah anyways I mean, don’t tell me what to do.. Hope you enjoy that double dump camera because you sound like you’d just accept whatever things happen to you and not raising your voice. Just adapt, right?

That’s right, I’m not the boss of you! You tell me.

Fortunately - if you don’t like the bump, you can just get a Google Pixel 4 when they come out soon. Just kidding! It has the exact same bump.

E90E2F9A-7829-4F12-8702-5E09F6EF0E77.jpeg

Manzzle

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
  1. So tell me this, can this new pro max thing take better selfie than the pixel?
  2. Can you record video with the blur background?
  3. Can you unlock the phone when it's sideways?

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
Quite weird that the 11 is so much sleeker looking than the 11 Pro. Almost makes me want to go for the 11 on looks alone, though I'd prefer the 5.8" OLED. Or maybe I'll just keep my X and hope for something better next year. Hmm.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
I’m not fond of the smartphone camera war as it wields these products which I really don’t think will age well.
I rather have my pics age well 25 years from now over a phone that won't be remembered 5 years from now.
[doublepost=1568157015][/doublepost]
We all need to accept that they stopped trying and move on with our lives.
That depends on how you define "trying". They were definitely playing some catch up here and that requires trying. Are they trying to revolutionize smartphones again? Of course not, smartphones are dead by anyone's standards.
[doublepost=1568157215][/doublepost]
No innovation is the new innovation. Many can innovate and many can’t innovate. But only some can not innovate on purpose.
Although I believe your statement was meant as a criticism of them, Apple takes it as a compliment. I rather have a company that says "no" to many things instead of a company that says "yes" to many things.

jdoyle

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2004
iPhone 11 has the exact same display as the XR. Thats a big let down. I got a iPhone 8 Plus over the XR last year because the lower resolution was very noticeable to me. Better camera is nice and all but nothing here excites me. Let's see what they come up with next year.......

Reactions: Yogosans14

Lalatoon

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2019
After seeing pictures and videos, I think the camera setup looks nice. It looks techy specially against a nice flat surface. It looks like a robots eye in some futuristic movies.

At least now we can no longer complain about form over function. It is now function over form.

If am Apple, I will be confused with you people. At first you were complaining about form over function and now they have a function over form you are still complaining :p make up your mind.

But the large notch and super curve screen corner is unsightly for me. It look and feels outdated.

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008

Although I'm tempted to get iPhone 8 as that price is super cheap. The cost on 11 Pro in Canada is insane. Almost $1600 before tax - wtf is that?

Yes, that's because the Canadian dollar is worth less than the US dollar.

kingtutIII

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2018
love the look of the phone but the specs stink 64 gb still? All we get is one new camera and we are supposed to spend another 999-1099 for 64 gb, are you kidding me or what?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.