Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
I still haven't even seen an iPhone 6 Plus. Are they very popular?

Yes they are quite a few out there in the wild, but not as many as the 6. But also the a lot of people still waiting for the 6+. This was the line at the Apple Store at the Florida mall this morning for the 6/6+ To give u an idea of the high demand for the new 6/6+ after nearly three months into there release, there are still lines at the Apple store here in Orlando FL.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 189

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Low output? Please do explain.

The totally untrue assumption that companies do not make as many units as they can to drive desire and therefore demand.

Apple is making as many phones as they can...the proof is in the record number they have sold so far...more than any other iPhone. Demand is even greater, therefore, short supply in some areas and with certain models.

bigmikeinnj

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
River Forest, IL.
Addressing availability issues I decided to order direct from Apple. Nov. 26th I ordered the 6 Plus 128 in Gold via ATT Next. Told delivery before Dec. 26. Two days later I get a notice telling me my delivery date is now 7 - 10 business days and then I get a notice on Dec 9th telling me my phone is about to ship. Later that night I check the status and the phone was leaving a warehouse in Pennsylvania. I get the phone on Dec. 10. I chose the 2-3 Day delivery option for an additional $10.70. I think when your place in the ship cue comes up they just send you one already here. They're selling a lot of these phones.

When I first got it it felt too big and a little slippery. I went to a Cellaris kiosk and got a case and screen protector right away. Now the phone doesn't feel slippery. One of the features I like is there is a ZOOMED option where you have less stuff on the screen but everything is larger and the image quality is quite precise and crisp. Keyboards while texting or sending emails or responding to the forum are much larger. Also there is an option to make the fonts bigger and in BOLD type (like I type here). Since I am legally blind it's quite helpful to me... The phone seems quite fast and I'm glad I went with 128gb memory. We have a lot of pets, I cook a lot and we're always taking photos around here. In fact when I restored from the iPhone 5s backup I noticed my photos took up 35gb of my 64gb that phone had. WOW

More later since I've only had it a day. Any doubt about it being too big, it's just fine for me.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
I've had my 6 Plus for a week, and I am totally comfortable with the size. The speed and smoothness of operating this iPhone is so nice. Not choppy like the old 4S was. I have a UAG case and screen protector on, so holding this phone isn't making me feel like I'll drop it.

So far, I haven't got any issues with this phone. Knock on wood.
I had also bought a 6 for my Mom. She's been experiencing a number of dropped calls. I did a little researching, and perhaps there's an issue with the Voice over LTE. Other than that, she likes her new iPhone. Especially since she can dictate her text messages with Siri :D

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2013
One of the features I like is there is a ZOOMED option where you have less stuff on the screen but everything is larger and the image quality is quite precise and crisp. Keyboards while texting or sending emails or responding to the forum are much larger. Also there is an option to make the fonts bigger and in BOLD type (like I type here). Since I am legally blind it's quite helpful to me.

Even the iphone 4 allowed you to make fonts bigger and bold things and perhaps zoom some things as well -- though not the zoomed icon/home screen setting now offered, which is great. But yes, for those of us can't see well, having everything bigger, including keyboards, is helpful.

You'll find some additonal options to enhance visibility under General>Acccesability if you haven't discovered them yet.

Last edited:

djplaxe2109

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2013
Can anyone share thoughts on the 6+ size after the honeymoon period is over? Have you adjusted to it? Do you find that it's more natural to hold over time?

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Can anyone share thoughts on the 6+ size after the honeymoon period is over? Have you adjusted to it? Do you find that it's more natural to hold over time?
Two months in, I find that I've almost grown used to having to juggle the device, when holding it one-handed. It remains a minor annoyance, and the only one I have. I guess it just comes with the territory.
That issue is vastly outweighed by the numerous benefits.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
39.2 million iPhones in a quarter (up from 33.8 million same quarter a year ago) and 10 million sold on the first weekend? And you seriously call this low output? Makes me wonder if you been smoking stuff....!!

I am wondering wondering the same thing. Because there is no way that 10 million phones sold in the first weekend = low output. I think people need to do there research before they come on here and make of the wall statements. Because saying that Apple is putting low output is just crazy to me.

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
39.2 million iPhones in a quarter (up from 33.8 million same quarter a year ago) and 10 million sold on the first weekend? And you seriously call this low output? Makes me wonder if you been smoking stuff....!!

If people are still having to queue for a product that was release two months ago, yes, I'd call it low output rather than excessive demand. I believe Apple could cope with demand if they wanted to.

----------

I think people need to do there research before they come on here and make of the wall statements.

I've not made any statements, simply asked questions and given my opinion.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
If people are still having to queue for a product that was release two months ago, yes, I'd call it low output rather than excessive demand. I believe Apple could cope with demand if they wanted to.

You telling me that Apple needs to pretend the demand is high for the phone by lowering the output so they can somehow manage to sell the iPhone 6 (which otherwise according to the theory wouldn't sell well) ?? And totally ignoring the statistics with the sale figures? I can understand if that was the yet to be launched Apple Watch or some other not so popular product but the iPhone 6? Don't you think that there have to be some sort of limit to how many iPhone 6/+ Foxconn can produce in a single day, even after a massive recruitment they have done purposely for the iPhone production? Yeah dude, you are free to believe whatever myth you want.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Haha. The only time a company needs to purposefully limit output, is if they're not confident that they can sell enough, therefore creating a phoney demand.
With sales numbers in the first two months, that most companies would hope to achieve in a year, I think we can safely say that there's no withholding of units here.

bigmikeinnj

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
River Forest, IL.
Haha. The only time a company needs to purposefully limit output, is if they're not confident that they can sell enough, therefore creating a phoney demand.
With sales numbers in the first two months, that most companies would hope to achieve in a year, I think we can safely say that there's no withholding of units here.

Thank you. It's the Holiday Season folks, Apple timed the delivery of this item to a T. Gave the public time for the press to catch up and it sells itself. Smartest move a prospective buyer can make is to chill, order direct from Apple and have an adult beverage while waiting for the shipping status to change. Mine took two weeks for the most rare model, the 128 Plus in Gold. Glad I waited. Last year it took 8 days, for the then most rare model, the 64gb 5S in Gold. Worth waiting for. Save the shopping hassles for other stuff on your list.

I do love mine. Had it about 3 days give or take, haven't found anything that is glitchy or at fault and I'm using the heck out of it. Love taking photos with it.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK

Thank you. It's the Holiday Season folks, Apple timed the delivery of this item to a T. Gave the public time for the press to catch up and it sells itself. Smartest move a prospective buyer can make is to chill, order direct from Apple and have an adult beverage while waiting for the shipping status to change. Mine took two weeks for the most rare model, the 128 Plus in Gold. Glad I waited. Last year it took 8 days, for the then most rare model, the 64gb 5S in Gold. Worth waiting for. Save the shopping hassles for other stuff on your list.

I do love mine. Had it about 3 days give or take, haven't found anything that is glitchy or at fault and I'm using the heck out of it. Love taking photos with it.
I agree it's better to wait. Although space grey wasn't my first choice of colour, I didn't really mind what colour I got, I just wanted the 6 plus in 128GB. I waited and I got what I wanted. I got the 5S in 64GB gold by waiting until January this year. It pays to wait sometimes.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
Say what?? Who in their right mind wouldn't have space grey as their first choice of color??

I love my 64gb SG 6+ wouldn't have any other color, I always have dark color iPhones. My wife always the white iPhones, and she is now rocking the 64GB 6 in gold. In the end they are all gorgeous phones, with the space grey being my favorite.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 173

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2013
lol but I've really come to like it now that I've got it.

Glad you've come to your senses. It's the only choice, at least for men.

I love my 64gb SG 6+ wouldn't have any other color, I always have dark color iPhones. My wife always the white iPhones, and she is now rocking the 64GB 6 in gold. In the end they are all gorgeous phones, with the space grey being my favorite.

This sums it up well. They all look nice, but one color is for men and two colors are for ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.