Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Here is a good video of unboxing of the new rose. gold aluminum watch. This will be the exact color of the phone. He does great reviews of apple products. I saw it at the Apple Store so this is the accurate color. Looks more pink than copper.

I don't know if it's the relative area that skews the color, but the rose gold iPhone appears even pinker than the rose gold aluminum AW.

Jd3774life

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
Kansas City
I'm a male. I really can't stand the gold "champagne" color, it just looks too tacky and flashy to me. I expected to dislike Rose Gold as well, but I actually kind of like it, which shocks me. It's more copper than pink and looks more refined and sedated. Unfortunately, it only comes with a white face front. :/

I can't stand white glass on a screen when it's turned off. If there was a Rose Gold model with a black face I would seriously be tempted to leave my all black electronics mentality. I've never owned any electronic device in another color except black (unless black was unavailable).

I bought a glass screen protector that and the protector has a Black Bezel on it. Once you stick the glass protector on the phone it looks great ( Other than the antenna lines that are still on the back Lol.. ) I too love having black on the front to help the screen fade into the phone.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
Actually I think men look nice when they sport a Ralph Lauren pink polo or tie. Donald trump always wears a pink tie. I think if your secure with your masculinity you can wear any color. I think it's sexy when a masculine macho guy holds a little tiny sissy dog in his arms. If your like the color buy it!! If Bruce Jenner can Trans into a woman and no one cares then a guy can certainly sport a rose gold phone. Michael Kors makes really nice rose gold watches for men. The black and rose gold does look nice.

http://www.michaelkors.com/watches/men-s-watches/view-all/_/N-28ch

mproudfoot

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Colour isn't quite as associated to gender as it used to be (blue for boys, pink for girls etc) and I wear pink shirts/t-shirts as much as any other colour from my wardrobe. That said, I find that tech looks a bit more 'tech' in industrial colour schemes so space grey wins out for me - but hey, if you like the rose gold, then get that one - if you care so much about whether people will think you're a girl, stop wearing the dresses ;)

Reactions: Kristine

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
The only reason Rose Gold is so popular is because it's a new color this year.

Next year, it's gonna be the least bought model.

And next next year, it's gonna be discontinued.

Why do you say that? I disagree. They are still making the gold.. Women friends of mine wear rose gold jewelry, rings, watches and rose gold metallic purses. So I think rose gold is here to stay. The AW rose gold watch 42mm rose gold watch is 12,000 and 38mm is 10,000 and now the rose gold aluminum.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Why do you say that? I disagree. They are still making the gold.. Women friends of mine wear rose gold jewelry, rings, watches and rose gold metallic purses. So I think rose gold is here to stay. The AW rose gold watch 42mm rose gold watch is 12,000 and 38mm is 10,000 and now the rose gold aluminum.
The rose gold doesn't actually look rose gold though. It's straight up pink

fanta88

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
I agree the rose gold skews more pink than copper based on the pics, video, and rose gold apple watch sport I saw in the store. I still purchased a rose gold 6S+. I'm tired of having space grey. The matte silver is somewhat boring to me and the gold hue used for the 6/6S is unappealing. Also, when I compared the apple cases, I thought the rose gold accents in the cut outs of the cases contrasted well with a lot of them

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
I'm talking about the phone. It doesn't look anything like real rose gold

I don't think anyone has actually seen it yet to know. Everyone's display screen is calibrated differently may look pinker on each screen. The color on my monitor looks different then my iPad screen.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I don't think anyone has actually seen it yet to know. Everyone's display screen is calibrated differently may look pinker on each screen. The color on my monitor looks different then my iPad screen.

I've seen the rose gold aluminum AW in the Apple Store, and several members have already acquired the gold and rose gold Sport models.

MusicEnthusiast

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Los Angeles
If a man can look good in pink (ie - a pink Ralph Lauren polo), then surely the rose gold iPhone 6s(+) would make a great color for a man's phone.

If you want it, go get it! ^__^

ziggo

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
lol all this talk against the Rose Gold I've been doing it would've made my preorder last night easier if I would've ordered the Rose Gold instead of the regular Gold because they messed up my order and my EIP says I ordered a 6 Plus instead of a 6S Plus, this despite telling the guy THREE times that I wanted a 6S Plus 128GB Gold and having him confirm it before he places the order.

So now after raising hell IM trying to get T-Mobile to cancel that order without losing my place in line, if I can pull that off I'm just gonna say "screw it" get me a Rose Gold and that pink will forever be a reminder of salvation lol

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I've seen the rose gold aluminum AW in the Apple Store, and several members have already acquired the gold and rose gold Sport models.
Using that same argument, one could have said the same in regards to the space grey. The apple watch space grey is much much darker than that of the iPhone.

Paul6s

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
As a woman, I think it's sexy when a man wears pink, as it shows he's confident in his masculinity, can make his own decisions and doesn't worry about what (some) people think, and it implies he's not a homophobe. I'd think the same of a man carrying a pink phone (and let's face it, the rose gold they're showing in the pics is pretty darn pink).

So yeah, get it if you like it. IMO that'd be pretty hot.
I couldn't agree with you more! As a man I have no issues in getting a rose gold iPhone it doesn't reflect any negativity on me. It's just a color. The Rose Gold color is indeed feminine and the Space Grey screams out masculinity but that doesn't stop women from buying space grey so men shouldn't worry about getting the Rose gold.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
I liked the rose gold but I don't know any of my friends that are guys who are getting one, alternatively I know a bunch of women who are ecstatic about getting a rose gold phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.