iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black Now Widely Available at U.S. Apple Stores

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 14, 2016.

1. doelcm82 macrumors 68040

doelcm82

Yesterday there were no new macs. Today, still not new macs? What's the matter, Apple? You heard us asking yesterday and you didn't provide today. Oh well. Maybe they'll hear us today and design, build, test, and market new macs by tomorrow. If they're not on the shelves tomorrow we can always hope for Sunday.

But I think Apple will have a special event later this month to announce at least some new macs.

2. CaryMacGuy macrumors 6502a

CaryMacGuy

I got an iPhone 7 Plus on the iPhone Upgrade program on launch day. I wonder if I could go there and exchange my Matte black model for a Jet black.

3. gugy macrumors 68040

gugy

Well, usually Apple gives a two week announcement window for their events. At this point we are at the middle of October and no news of anything. It doesn't look good. That's very lame. I need a MBP, 5K display and a Mac Mini. That's a good $$$ for Apple. Come get it., Announce something damn it! :mad:

4. doelcm82 macrumors 68040

doelcm82

Their shortages are not uniform. It's much easier to get the iPhone 7 than the iPhone 7 Plus. So it's likely they're selling iPhone 7's to customers who otherwise might buy the more expensive 7 Plus.

In my own case, I have been ready to get the iPhone 7 Plus (I don't care about the color), but I was waiting for them to be widely available so I could upgrade without having to compromise. But yesterday I lost my job, and now I am unexpectedly retired. Do I really want to buy a new phone now? If it had been widely available two weeks ago, I'd have picked one up. Now I may wait until next year.

I don't see shortages, artificial or not, working on me. Play hard to get, and I lose interest.

5. themick4u macrumors 6502

themick4u

I'm gonna coat mine in a glaze of Zymol car wax! LOL

6. Nr123*123 macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear that. Much more important things in life than phones. Hopefully this presents you a new opportunity for an even greater career :)

7. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

I guess with Apple if you want something in that new color etc. it pays to wait. Unfortunately, it sucks for those who paid and are still waiting for theirs and also tricky for folks on the IUP. I guess if I get that lovin' feeling again I will definitely wait it out the 2-3 months until stock appears.

8. dampfnudel macrumors 68040

I don't think we'll be seeing next year's iPhone 8 in jet black.

9. satchmo macrumors 68020

The Jet Black sounds like purely a Jony Ive vanity project.

If it won't hold up to rigors of regular use, then design has failed.. not functionly, but design.

10. dampfnudel macrumors 68040

Maybe the announcement has been delayed until next month? If Apple doesn't release new MacBooks and iPhone 7 sales fall short, it will definitely be a holiday season to forget.

11. RDeckard, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016

RDeckard macrumors regular

RDeckard

I don't think you know what "common sense" means.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    If *I* were you (and really wanted the Jet Black version right now), I'd just buy one from a local store and then cancel my pre-order. This assumes, however, that you have an Apple store relatively close to you. ;)

12. littyboy macrumors 6502a

Lol no.

13. mso4 macrumors regular

Sorry not interested anymore, I'm waiting for the iPhone 8 lol

14. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

Does this mean that the iPhone 7 is selling badly?

Let's hope not, but one wonders.

15. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Already mostly out of stock here in New England. There's still some in one NH store and a couple MA stores but that's it.

16. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Managed to buy my 7+ jet black today. I have to say I love it :)

17. Zaned303 macrumors 6502

Zaned303

Im in CO and was able to reserve and swap out my Silver 128GB Verizon for a Matte Black 256GB past the 14 day return policy since I asked nicely :) . However I purchased mine outright tho.. Im sure theyll do it if you dont roll in bossing the apple store peeps around. I saw someone do that and they said no to the same request I had when I asked nicely. The power of a nice person goes a long way
    Exactly! Thats what a majority of macrumors forum people did. I did as well. Reserve one locally.. Cancel preorder atleast 1 hour before your reservation for pickup. Once you arrive it should of cleared the carrier preorder system and you can use NEXT.. Verizon payment option... IUP and so on
    What size did you get?

18. r00fus macrumors regular

Why does no one want VZ phones? (or maybe better phrased - why so much VZ availability)?

19. Jimmy Bubbles macrumors 6502

Jimmy Bubbles

You thought it went straight into one? Ohh...you mean, "even THOUGH it went straight in to a case."! Gotcha.

20. AndyDiamond macrumors 6502

AndyDiamond

Gave up on a black 7 Plus (T-Mobile) and managed to find the only silver 7 Plus 256GB T-Mobile in stock at an Apple store in NYC on Tuesday via iStockNow. Reserved it online and picked it up a couple of hours later.
    Ninja stealth styles.

21. Jimmy Bubbles macrumors 6502

Jimmy Bubbles

I'm hoping that it is indicative of Apple sending the ATT model of allotted phones to those customers whom have ordered from them instead. My shippment date did get moved up 2 days ago to early November.
    And the Sprint models are in great supply! Lolz

22. Souponastick270 macrumors member

According to istocknow the UK has no Jet Black Plus, 128gb or 256gb, the whole of main land Europe has two Apple stores (one with 128gb the other with 256gb) with them but Hawaii seems to have plenty of stock ?! o_O

Just want my 256gb JB Plus :(

23. Nanotyrns macrumors 65816

Nanotyrns

I picked one up today. I checked out the 7 jb on display and the only visible scratches were clearly from an attempt to scratch it. Big, giant scratches all over the Apple logo. Other than that it looked fine.

24. oliversl macrumors 65816

25. dmonnin macrumors regular

You're past the 14 day window. They won't let you. I've checked