iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black Now Widely Available at U.S. Apple Stores

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Low country macrumors 6502

Who knows....personally I think they went pro active and hopefully addressed production and QC issues...

2. prowlmedia Suspended

I think the jet black is very nice... but also looks like an iPhone 3G*

It's bascially an option for the city boy who keeps his phone in his inside Jacket pocket... and that's about it. Anyone else it's a scratch magnet.

*Boring sidenote: There was a lot of press saying the 7 was the 7th Major non S iPhone release... when there was no iPhone 2.

3. CarlJ macrumors 68030

CarlJ

Widely available? Clearly it's a flop and nobody wants it.

Am I doing this right?

4. Nr123*123 macrumors 6502

Think of it this way. If Willy Wonka gave away 500 tickets, there wouldn't have been anywhere near the demand for those famed tickets.

Similarly, the fact you couldn't walk into an Apple Store made joe public think this phone is really popular therefore it must be good.

5. Apple2007 macrumors member

Apple2007

I got one of those clear Caseology cases for my silver 7 Plus. It protects well and lets the nice case color show through.

6. citysnaps macrumors 601

Well, I guess it depends if you consider manufacturing and delivering to customers 800K+ iPhone 7 units everyday since launch as "selling badly."

In comparison, the Note 7 sold 2.5M units in the two week period before the fire issue and recall came to light.

The math is easy...

7. Apple2007 macrumors member

Apple2007

November may be your month!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    "Captain Logistics". Love it!

8. Jonnyboy6 macrumors newbie

The map highlights complete bias towards domestic US/ Canada market, more chance of finding Nemo in Europe...

9. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

I have been checking availability of a JB Plus in Charlotte for weeks and have never seen it available.

This map says it's available so I checked the app again and still nothing. Checked via the website and still nothing.

Looks like this tracker is showing availability for phones with the iPhone Upgrade Program which I'm not in and can't qualify for, credit-wise. So I suppose if you can do the IUP you're in good shape.

10. Gooberton macrumors 65816

The finger prints on matte are more noticeable I had both

11. demodave macrumors regular

demodave

I'd be really interested to know how much Jet Black iPhone availability varies based on color.

12. Apple2007 macrumors member

Apple2007

I reserved my 7 Plus early in the morning a couple weeks ago using iStockNow. Seems to be you're best bet in getting one for now.

13. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I went 128GB. I can barely fill my 6S 64GB...

14. Tech198 macrumors G5

15. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

I was told mine was the only one they got in the entire store when I picked it up during my scheduled time on launch day evening. Jet Black is best black. It really is a thing of beauty.

16. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

Seems like iphone 2017 rumors got to them.
    Jet black or that matte black?

17. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

At least you get a free donut or something like that on Tuesday's.

18. cicalinarrot macrumors regular

cicalinarrot

Stupid? Companies has certainly done it a lot before so... why stupid? Because you say so? Apple can never be proven doing it or not, it's some analysts hypothesis against other analysts and, of course, Apple's word. Common sense thing was a provocation (just to fit the joke, sorry), it's not obvious that Apple does it and I'm not sure but it's certainly not a stupid idea.

19. AJ5790 macrumors 6502

Always worth asking
    Never accept a preorder date in November. Just wait and you'll get one in October. Happened for me 2 years in a row.

20. dealjunkie macrumors newbie

Has anyone tried reserving a Verizon phone for pickup but switching to T-Mobile in store?

21. AJ5790 macrumors 6502

Don't you want what they announce to be ready?
    You're wrong.:)

22. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68020

ryanwarsaw

No new watch bands either.

23. JungleNYC macrumors regular

JungleNYC

I love the look/feel of my JetBlack 128…but WOW does it scratch easily.

Not the back, mind you, but the damn screen. Amazing how many little "micro scratches" are on the glass already, after a couple weeks. And I've only put it in my pocket, and on tables. Amazing.

First time I went naked (without a screen protector) and I feel like a fool.

24. TheMountainLife macrumors member

Cancelled my month old 128gb matte black VZW preorder dated to ship 11/9 and purchased the 256gb plus JB at the store today in Boulder. Today was a good day.

25. WRChris macrumors 6502a

WRChris

I want an iPhone 7 Plus in jet black but I'm not paying 969$+tax upfront to wait for 8 weeks to get the phone in hand. I will buy one when I can get one in store the same day or shipped to me the next. Longer that takes, the more likely I am to wait another year. Explain how artificially restricting supply could possibly benefit Apple in that situation. Sounds kind of like a stupid idea