iPhone 8 Concepts and Mockups - Part 2

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 14, 2017.

1. ackmondual macrumors 6502a

ackmondual

Heh... this new Iph8 will have a touch bar along the top :cool: :p

2. bensisko macrumors 6502a

The real "creative thinkers" are the ones that design with reality in mind. Anybody can create a concept phone that they want to see - there's a lot of really cool renders out there but the challenge is to design within the bounds of practical engineering and established design language.

These renderings only offer what one artist wants to see - it has nothing to do with "what we could expect". This person has nothing to do with Apple, much less Apple's design team, so it has nothing to do with the iPhone we will eventually see. If you enjoy seeing what others are imagining, that's fine - just make sure you're not setting any kind of expectations by it whatsoever.

3. SoGood macrumors 6502

SoGood

These posts are so meaningless. The only relevant is what Apple actually brings out, not these half hearted 'concepts'.

4. szw-mapple fan macrumors 6502a

szw-mapple fan

Incredible how so many years have passed and people are still going on about how Apple would never release a phone similar to concepts. These concepts are about sharing ideas and giving people a sense of what could be possible in the future. A lot of the iOS 9 and 10 UX designs have similar visual cues/UI as some of the pre-iOS 7 concept designs/jail breaks.

iOS 10 Widgets?
    [​IMG]

Multi-pane control center?
    [​IMG]

3D touch widgets?
    [​IMG]

5. JohnApples macrumors 6502a

Thank you for realizing and stating this. I was just about to post the same thing:

While I too enjoy a good crazy concept, I disagree that it automatically earns someone the title of "creative". Just about any of us could instantly think up of something wild to add to an iPhone, and a majority of us could even Photoshop it. Real creativity, in my opinion, is thinking of a concept that is technologically and physically possible as well. For example, if I add a fourth row of windows to that airliner, I don't think that instantly makes me more creative than the person that made that triple decker concept.

6. Mactendo macrumors 65816

There's a chance it will be even uglier.

7. ventricle macrumors member

ventricle

Renderings smenderings… meh. Someone should do a study of 867 different fins — remember when they took over the automotive world? Those models, exquisitely restored, sell at a substantial premium now, especially Cadis in Sweden. Take a page from SpaceX and have them rotate to the back so the device can stand up to authority and present a show-offy lit Apple logo (changes color according to year/model) to jealous admirers. Press a side button and a camera lens cover (in honor of Snowden) springs up with a ‘thwick’ to unblock the selfie cam for the NSA. Let Chris Bangle design the home button for further edge and surface entertainment. Or how about more storage, ports, file handling and battery life?

8. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Until fathandsgate starts when people hit the edges constantly

9. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

This nonsense with no bezel, wrap around display might look cool but even in these concept videos it is readily apparent how absolutely horrid it is to use. The original iPhone (I still have it) felt the best in-hand (just my opinion). These phones are already irrationally large and awkward to hold with the bezel. Hope Apple does it right.

10. Relentless Power macrumors 604

Relentless Power

I think it's fairly obvious we know this individual that designed the rendering has nothing to do with Apple, but they work off the predictions and rumors to build the rendering, so I don't think it matters what's an "Expectation" or not, it's still follow suit of what we could possibly see. It's no different than reading rumors every day on Mac rumors, being that none of them are accurate. Rumors just build an imaginative theory What a future Apple product could look like based off analysts, part suppliers and Insiders.

And, Of course there is no accuracy behind these renderings. These typical mock up iPhones that appear throughout the year, have been similar to the real version we see in September on many bases, being the artist is not working off some radical redesign when certain iPhone parts surface with blurred photos. Some of them are based off with the overall physical design, but more so are correct with the display/UI, various visual cues.

For the record, iPhone mock up designer, Martin Hajek released numerous iPhone renderings last year for the iPhone 7, and was fairly accurate to what we actually saw debut during the September Keynote. So I disagree with you when you say it has to do with their imaginative ideas, when they literally are building off the rumors that are surfacing from other various reported sources.

http://www.martinhajek.com/

Lastly, even you or anyone else on this forum, have no idea if this iPhone could actually be the real rendering. Yes, there's no way of knowing that, but all likeliness, if very well could be very accurate to what we actually see in September. This doesn't make it necessarily unbelievable, it just has no definitive truth behind it, because it was never confirmed by Apple, even if speculation has its tendencies to be the odds of determining the actual product.

11. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

12. nviz22 macrumors 68020

nviz22

I don't see Apple going with the current UI setup with iOS 11. It has to change because the icons feel so old now.

13. Relentless Power macrumors 604

Relentless Power

I think iOS 11 will bring some significant changes over iOS 10, hopefully in messages and notifications. Which I think is my least favorite feature about iOS 10.

14. raghu8912 macrumors member

Wall Street will fire Tim.

15. filmantopia macrumors 6502a

Don't know what's so hard to believe about OLED. There have been far more than enough reports from reliable sources to indicate that there will be one. It's not just idle speculation.

16. ndolebay macrumors member

ndolebay

17. Kabeyun macrumors 6502a

Please leave me some bezel. Don't make me have to hold it like that.

18. rlhamil macrumors member

rlhamil

A curved (outward) screen is more vulnerable to damage; and without a little bit of unused edge, there's no good way to have a fully enclosing protective case.

A phone is a tool, not a piece of art; it needs to survive in a pocket with keys, be usable inside a case that will protect it from most drops, etc.

19. Klyster macrumors 6502a

Klyster

https://goo.gl/images/fjK1pB

20. skitidetdu macrumors regular

skitidetdu

21. Neodym macrumors 65816

Neodym

You mean, like ... the big majority of people posting here being sure that Apple would never release something as ugly as the prototype someone accidentally left in a bar? And today the iPhone 4 design is considered iconic ...

22. bollman macrumors member

Why would they leave bezel for earpiece? That could easily go under the screen and still have perfect sound. It has been done before.
    The only problem would be the front facing camera. Perhaps they can do something really cool and put that behind the screen, just a few pixels going black when the camera is on, otherwise it's 100% screen on the front.
    And for those who claim it can't have rounded edges due to cases, well, as if Ive would give a flying f about peoples cases.

23. Neodym macrumors 65816

Neodym

I'm not sure I'd like that myself, but it would offer more flexibility (both for Apple and the user):
    • Design a virtual bezel (colours, patterns etc.) to personalize your phone. Don't like the white bezel that comes with the case colour of your choice? No problem ...
    • Have more screen real estate available when needed (e.g. in 2-hand mode).
    • Virtual buttons / "Touchbar" at the bottom (lawsuit incoming for using an age-old Android concept ;-)
    • Use virtual bezels for notifications with enhanced information (e.g. blink / change to a color for incoming messages, color depending on sender's contact status, triggering App etc.) without taking away screen real estate from current content.
    • Dynamically relocate Home button, depending on screen orientation.
    • Make the phone appear less obtrusive (e.g. for AR applications).
    • Aesthetics.
    Just a few things that spontaneously came to my mind. As I said - I'm not convinced yet, but it might become a solid solution with added benefits.

24. smacrumon Suspended

smacrumon

Crazy becomes reality.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2017 ---
    In a post Jobs Apple I've learnt to set my expectations very low and still expect disappointment. The Apple watch reveal however was quite good.

25. Relentless Power macrumors 604

Relentless Power

I would agree the Apple Watch reveal and the overall demo was very good. In fact, they marketed the Apple Watch excellent during the September 2014 KeyNote, with it's initial release six months later in April 2015.