iPhone 8 Plus for sale? Advice.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sbkevinmichael, Oct 16, 2017.

1. sbkevinmichael macrumors member

sbkevinmichael

Hey guys so im dead set on for sure selling my iPhone 8 plus on the 27th of this month to buy my iPhone x
    i know people will say blah blah blah waste of money and blah but i got a massive discount on mine from a friend who owns a shop so honestly im selling to use that money for my x but how much and where should i sell it on?

I don't yet have access to marketplace so im kinda crying about that...
    I want somewhere where it can be a quick sale and no hassle on receiving money and what not

its an

iPhone 8 Plus 64GB Silver
    T-Mobile Carrier/No Finance
    I can probably get it unlocked but im not 100% sure.

Planning to purchase 256GB Silver or black idk...
    iPhone X

what do you think would be the best place to sell it?

2. nilk macrumors 6502a

I personally like Swappa. I've only used them once to buy a phone, but would use them if I was selling as it's a better experience than Ebay (for both buyer and seller from what I've seen) and more geared specifically for selling gadgets. I believe the fees are also lower than Ebay. If anything, Swappa is a good place to see what the going rate is via their price charts and recently sold list.

3. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Swappa is the only place that I sell old iPhones on anymore. eBay is waste of time to me. You can do Craigslist as well, but obviously meet in public (maybe T-Mobile store) when doing the transaction.

4. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

I would echo using Swappa. And if you do not have another phone lying around, I wouldn't sell it prior to your pre-order considering you may need that 8 Plus until sometime around President's Day o_O

5. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

My vote goes to Swappa as well. I've successfully sold several phones and tablets on Swappa and it was a far more pleasant experience than eBay could ever be. Also, the fees are far lower.

6. sbkevinmichael thread starter macrumors member

sbkevinmichael

So for all of you that say swappa, how do i get paid? and how much should i list it for?

7. IGotOne macrumors regular

In dollars. And as much as you can get. :D

Seriously though, they use PayPal and you can use their history to properly price it to sell.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

As others have said, Swappa. Avoid eBay. Way too many issues and loopholes selling iPhones on their.

9. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

The astronomical eBay fees alone make me not want to sell anything on it ever again.