Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Next week i will recive a new phone... the supervisor of applecare gave me the reason and he is invesigating the crackling and promised me to find a new phone with no crackling sounds, Lets see if it’s true....
Good luck. Please keep us updated.

AsherMenezes

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2018
Next week i will recive a new phone... the supervisor of applecare gave me the reason and he is invesigating the crackling and promised me to find a new phone with no crackling sounds, Lets see if it’s true....
What Reason did he give ? And which country did you get this replacement done ?

kneezmo

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2017
Apple stop sell the X in summer. Look for the next generation. i still think this device only was a test, to analyze the market and the costumers.. The issues that this device have, never will be fixed.

Protozo

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
With this test, they have lost a client that have bought all the iphones. This is the last one. ios 11 is a crap, iPhone X is a crap.

kneezmo

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2017
i dont buy any smartphone until 2020 and 5G. i have the S8 and the X, and have to resist 3 years at least. The companies have to think that the costumers now dont change their smartphones so fast like before. fak them.

Unrivaled

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2017
So I've gone through couple of replacements after the 4th one I hardly have the problem it's barely noticeable on highest volume even on phone calls, for others who are willing to give it a go make sure your new replacement has ios 11.2 or higher out of the box, the three units I've tested were on 11.1.2 however the 4th one was on 11.2 and it's a lot better, not claiming that the crackle has totally gone but is hardly there only on highest volume and it's not bugging me anymore, probably units manufactured on December or above are slightly better "my own assumption from what I've experienced" . Good luck everyone.

graffixnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
ÜT: 40.757618,-73.790043
I had gotten a replacement a few weeks ago for a different issue, and I specifically tested for this by playing music full blast with Spotify, I also tried Siri and there was no buzz. Last night I was on a call and I put it on speaker phone and turned up the volume.. Man the buzz was bad. I thought ok, maybe it's just the connection, so I tried a couple more test calls on speaker phone and it buzzed. Fired up a game and wow it buzzed, tried google assistant and her voice buzzed too. I also noticed at full volume the output of the cases where it was buzzing was higher. Like the game seemed a lot louder than playing music on Spotify, or the Google assistant's voice was louder than Siri's so maybe they did tweak it a bit on the software side but it doesn't seem like it was an across the board change. As others mentioned, it's probably hardware and they are just trying to conceal it through SW and EQ settings, lowering the max volume output. Well looks like I'm going in for another replacement. This is like the 4th or 5th one I've had (all different issues, from one that completely just died, to one that had a super loose mute button)

kneezmo

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2017
it is the worst iPhone ever made. This issues on a 1000 dollars cellphone are unacepptable. 2 months after launch, apple dont say nothing about this. They said that the screen freeze will be fixed by a update, but this issue havent a easy solution, seems, so.. change your unit until you get a "good iPhone", or recover your money and wait next gen. If you buy on amazon.. you dont have any problem you return the buy and get your money back.

GomerBoy

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2012
...still holding out hope that by IOS 12 this will be fixed. Maybe...when is that set release date?

Raining_bows

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2018
FINALLY got to the Apple store, phone was replaced, and not only have all the other issues disappeared, I have no crackling , clipping, muffled, buzzing speakers on anything to do with sound anymore! Hurrah, I spent 5 hours testing this out, for now at least mine is totally fine!

Reactions: kneezmo

kneezmo

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2017
FINALLY got to the Apple store, phone was replaced, and not only have all the other issues disappeared, I have no crackling , clipping, muffled, buzzing speakers on anything to do with sound anymore! Hurrah, I spent 5 hours testing this out, for now at least mine is totally fine!
cheers friend! :D

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
it is the worst iPhone ever made. This issues on a 1000 dollars cellphone are unacepptable. 2 months after launch, apple dont say nothing about this. They said that the screen freeze will be fixed by a update, but this issue havent a easy solution, seems, so.. change your unit until you get a "good iPhone", or recover your money and wait next gen. If you buy on amazon.. you dont have any problem you return the buy and get your money back.

Did you buy one?

Protozo

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
Week of production?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.