iPhone X iPhone X fast charging issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zztops, Nov 12, 2017.

1. zztops macrumors member

hey everyone,

Quick question:

I bought the Apple fast charging overpriced set up for my iPhone X, but I am experiencing an issue. Well not sure if it’s an issue, but wanted ur guys’ feedback.

From 0%-50% battery life, my iPhone uses the full fast charging capability, from then on the phone automatically throttles this speed down to prevent damage to the battery. When I plug the phone in at below 50% it only tries to connect once. When I plug it in to the fast charger at above 50%, it connects, then quickly disconnects and reconnects. I’m wondering if that’s because it’s going into the safety mode I described above. Anyone with a similar experience? Thanks!

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have the Apple 29w charger and cable and haven't experienced that kind of behavior. Will be interested to see if others have.

3. Shaarujon567 macrumors regular

Shaarujon567

That happens to me frequently too, it’ll connect then briefly disconnect and then re connect, I personally thinks its an iOS 11 glitch, hasn’t impacted my battery life in anyway

4. WilliamG macrumors G3

Mine does the same. So does my wife’s.

5. zztops thread starter macrumors member

6. Fitcherama macrumors newbie

I’m glad I caught this thread. Yes, same happening to me. Must be baked into the software then.

7. Juvekar macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Feb 7, 2018 ---
    Hi i too have 29w original charger for X when i start charging from around below 20% it charges very fast but automatically disconnects at 81% no matter what i do tgen i have to reconnect and it continues slowly

8. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Working exactly as designed to prevent overheating. It's a safety feature.

Somethings wrong with your changer and or phone. You should take it into Apple.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Safety people, the same thing happens even on iPhone 7 and 6S. If you charge it past 50% your charge speeds will be quite slow.

10. illmaticwes macrumors newbie

illmaticwes

I just wanted to see if I understand this since I'm pretty frustrated with my iPhone X fast charging setup. Are we saying that after 50% fast charging is no longer enabled ? That's a key data point for those who are struggling to get the right pieces in place.

11. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

Although I was vaguely aware of the fact that charging speed was reduced as the battery percentage increased, I did not think that full power charging would drop off at only 50%.

Honestly, if I had not already had the 29 W charger and the appropriate Apple cable For my first generation iPad Pro (12.9 inch), I’m not sure if I would have decided that the fast charging set up is worth it for just iPhone X.

12. From0toHero macrumors regular

From0toHero

The double beep is the sign it’s fast charging. If someone wrote that already im sorry. Check out the iphone X manual for confirmation

13. Anas.mahmood macrumors newbie

Anas.mahmood

Same issue
    Did u slove it ?