iPhone X: which color/storage are you buying? [MERGED]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VSMacOne, Sep 13, 2017.

?

iPhone X: which color/storage combo?

1. X Silver 64GB

384 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. X Silver 256GB

656 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. X Space Gray 64GB

362 vote(s)
    17.7%
  4. X Space Gray 256GB

645 vote(s)
    31.5%
  1. ah1488 Suspended

ah1488

a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    it does

2. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

I took that with my dads X, this thing takes some awesome pics and once you play around with the lighting you can create some real bad ass pics.

I really love the seamless look. Don't get me wrong, the silver in the Apple midnight blue silicone case looked so good, I almost didn't pull the trigger. But I like to switch my cases every once in a while and I love product red, and even black, and those colors just look so much better with the space black phone!

Happy with the switch.

3. Crayon7 macrumors regular

Crayon7

4. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Yep. Space gray definitely looks like last year jet black with the exception of camera lining. It is a shinny black as a common cell phone color. Not a stand out color like silver, which appears to be a reason why Apple selects silver as the iPhone X flagship color.

5. nathasnajperowa macrumors member

I always choose black front, if silver had white front, I’d went with SG. But luckily it hadn’t
    I chose silver over gray cause of unique look of polished stainless frame and silver back having 3D like color look.
    I personally checked out the SG version, and it’s not even close to 7 jet black. Both frame and back look dulled and washed out

6. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

“Apple selects silver as the iPhone X flagship color”? Err, ok? I personally hate the look of the silver and am so glad I went for the SG. Seeing they both cost the same and are both equally popular I think you’re a little off with your “Apple selects silver” statement. For me (personally) I think the silver looks washed out and more feminine than the Space Gray. Each to their own though...

7. Ryan1524 macrumors 68000

Ryan1524

They both look great. Take whatever meaning or interpretation you want out of each, but let others enjoy these things on their own terms.

I can see how the silver harkens back to the iPod era.

I can also see how the SG evokes the feelings I had when I got the 4.

Both were major events in Apple’s mobile computing evolution.

8. MCube74 macrumors 6502a

I wondering if your observation would be the same had Apple released only one color (Silver) for the iPhone X.

9. MCube74 macrumors 6502a

It does look like Jet Black.

10. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

With the way they are going, it's possible that only one option for the top of the line flagship might show up someday. If it's sliver, I'm going to just sit back and watch the show.

11. techfash macrumors newbie

techfash

I loved space grey and different from iPhone 7s jet black color, the x color is dark grey not black, and I use x with apple dark aubergine leather case. This is my x and Apple case video:

12. the future macrumors 65816

He meant „flagship“ only because the silver X is the one used by Apple in all the marketing, ads etc. Just like the jet black 7 last year. Of course all models are technically equal and which colour you like is just a personal preference.

13. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

Yeah, I know what you mean. Didn’t mean to offend. The silver does look nice but I prefer the SG (why don’t they call it black?!)

14. the future macrumors 65816

I like both and had a very hard time deciding but went with silver in the end – mainly because the SG was not black, or at least not as black as my jet black 7 which I compared it to. By itself the SG looks pretty dark, though.

My pet theory is that we‘ll get a „real“ black next year, as yet another reason to upgrade ...

15. Ryan1524 macrumors 68000

Ryan1524

Space Grey And White ceramic.

Just like the Apple Watches.

16. larzy macrumors regular

larzy

A white ceramic band around the phone and pure white back would look amazing I think :).

I sent my silver back to the store where I bought it, as it had some marks on the stainless steel frame, small and cosmetic maybe, but it was distracting when the light hit the phone on certain angles. Got myself a space grey instead - but both look really cool.

17. rotlex macrumors 6502a

Actually switched form the space gray to the silver after seeing them in person. (Caused my order to get set back 2 weeks but what the heck).

While they both look nice, I just thought the silver looked better once I saw them live. The space gray back looked hazy to me if that makes any sense. I also figured the silver will look good with just about any color case. Oh, went with 64GB for reference as my current 128GB phone barely uses 32Gb. I used to use a lot more but with Apple Music I pretty much stream everything, and anything else is stored cloud side anyway.

18. MCube74 macrumors 6502a

Another $1500 for a phone next year.

19. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Do you know what screen protector he is using?

20. wolfedude88 macrumors 6502

wolfedude88

I still have yet to find a space gray demo phone in a store. I’ve went to two sprints, a T-Mobile, and 2 Verizon. Not one had a space gray and only two had a silver.

I do love my silver but I would love to see the SG in person. I think I want to switch but I’m running out of time.

21. nieks macrumors regular

nieks

If you are that curious about it, how about going to an Apple store in stead of the carrier stores?

"I found two apple stores fairly close to you."
    1. Indianapolis, the Fashion Mall at Keystone
    2. Mishawaka, University Park Mall

22. drew05 macrumors regular

This was the exact situation I was in as far as capacity goes. I returned my 64 because it was already up over 45 gigs after a day of sending pictures back and forth through iMessage. I could make it work, but for a $150, such a large jump in capacity is kind of a no brainier. I am exactly like you in regards to Apple Music and iCloud usage too FWIW

23. wolfedude88 macrumors 6502

wolfedude88

Yeah the Indianapolis store is closest to me but its still 54 minutes away from me and I dont really want to drive that far just to see it. I've only went to carrier stores that I was by when I was out, haven't actually drove around looking for stores. I dont want to really waste time driving like that.

Plus I have to buy it at a carrier store if I'm going to switch, still dont know. It would just be nice to see it in person, oh well.

24. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Try going to the Apple Store if there’s one nearby.

25. nieks macrumors regular

nieks

Look at the post before yours, smartiepants ;)