iPhone X's Already-Lowered Shipping Estimates in Early 2018 May Remain Too High

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 2, 2018.

1. BeforeTheMeds macrumors 6502

BeforeTheMeds

Boom. Exactly. If the story is right it appears many people are.....

2. Gilligan's last elephant macrumors 6502

Galaxy S8 is available for £520 from Amazon UK. Not a clearance sale.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06XYMCMHD/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514935426&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=galaxy+s8&dpPl=1&dpID=418vgwE+yJL&ref=plSrch

IphoneX is £999.

You do realise that only 12 left in stock can mean they get are selling well and are awaiting new stock.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 2, 2018 ---
    Did it die or did it just need a new battery?

3. DoYouLikePie? macrumors member

DoYouLikePie?

My point was that the note 8 does everything the iPhone X does plus a lot more and is cheaper. It's not that hard to comprehend; there is absolutely nothing the iPhone X has over the note unless you count the useless Animojis. Samsung even has the decency to throw in a fast charger in the box rather than advertising a feature you need to shell out more dollars for when you've already paid 1k for a device... Ridiculous.

4. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

Ignored

5. DoYouLikePie? macrumors member

DoYouLikePie?

How dare anyone question Apple's impeccable pricing strategy!

6. PickUrPoison macrumors 65816

I’d be surprised if Apple plans on selling more than 65 million iPhone X this year. There are two other near-flagship models that should sell another 90 million or so. Along with another 70 million SE/6/6S/7 and it makes for a great year.

I’ll go on record now, based on my model. For Q1FY2018:

80 million iPhone units sold
    65 billion iPhone revenue
    90 billion total revenue

For FY2018:
    225 million iPhone units sold
    175 billion iPhone revenue
    270 billion total revenue

7. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

Come for me troll. You will look stupid without facts in 2018.

8. DoYouLikePie? macrumors member

DoYouLikePie?

9. PickUrPoison macrumors 65816

It’s not all about price. If it were, Apple wouldn’t be selling 200+ million units per year, right?

You can call them overpriced if you like, but things are worth exactly as much as people are willing to pay for them. If they were truly overpriced, people wouldn’t be buying them.

The iPhone X may be overpriced for you, but that isn’t relevant to the 30-40 million buyers who have already paid the price Apple’s charging. Or to the maybe 25-35 million who will also buy it over the next 9 months.

10. MN7119 macrumors regular

I know several people including me that got the X and returned it a few days later. Phone is good but not great. Size really matters coming from a Plus. Not worth the price in my opinion.

11. deferredAnon macrumors 6502

deferredAnon

iPhone X was simple introduced to maximize revenue. Not to replace the current phone lines, but to gather more money from some hardcore fans. Smart phones doesn't make sense above 600USD, in my opinion.

Unless the next phones boast much more battery life, we are staying put. Diminishing returns.

12. robjulo macrumors 65816

Lol at how many get so emotional and have tied their own self worth to a cell phone and consumer electronics company that doesn’t give one iota about them.

13. kstotlani macrumors 6502

Funny how many people say the notch seems to disappear after use. I saw some IPhone Xs in the wild and all I could see was the notch. I think we could see it from outer space. Sorry but I just dislike that design so much.
    Also country then. October 1 is for which country?

14. DoYouLikePie? macrumors member

DoYouLikePie?

It is about the value proposition and it simply isn't there. The fact that some people are willing to pay for it doesn't mean the value is there, especially as this entire thread is about the fact that Apple likely sold tens of millions units less than expected. Remember when people were saying iPhone x would be sold out until 2018? Didn't happen. By your logic, Apple tripled the price and a few die hards still purchased it, the price would be justified. It is asinine for any consumer to pay a heavy premium for dated technology that doesn't even have gigabit LTE (4x4 MIMO).

15. convergent macrumors 68030

convergent

You've ignored everyone in this thread who disagreed with you. I guess you can't support anything you've said when your ideas are minimally challenged.

Ironic for a JediZenMaster!

16. DoYouLikePie? macrumors member

DoYouLikePie?

Hate facts, the Jedi must not. - Jesus

17. sledgehammer89 macrumors regular

sledgehammer89

Great, now there are free capacities for a just wider X Plus in Spring. No, not a Plus Plus in this current Plus body.

18. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

LOL at so many people who have no life and want to critique a purchase that someone makes with their hard earned money.

Boy oh boy you must think people who work 40 hours a week come from miles around to get your approval for a purchase.

As if your opinion actually is going to effect people and what they choose to buy. Worry about your own wallet.

19. deferredAnon macrumors 6502

deferredAnon

This Apple stuff is like a religion. I didn't even know. Almost like a political party...

20. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

For some but it seems lately people are trying to be very judgmental.

However judgement works only if the person it’s direct at cares. I don’t care therefore it doesn’t work on me.

21. Makayla macrumors regular

Makayla

I know right. These threads are comical. Lol. Some people care too much.

22. PickUrPoison macrumors 65816

Don’t mistake rumor for fact. Tens of millions less than who expected? Not Apple, that’s for sure.

Apple forecasted record revenue and they never adjusted that guidance. ASP last year was about $650, the quarter just ended will have ASP at over $800. That will be due to the strength of X sales. Estimates are 30-40 million sold last quarter. That proves the value proposition is absolutely in effect, which you claim is not there.

23. H.E. Pennypacker macrumors regular

H.E. Pennypacker

I was referring to the original Apple
    iPhone being the only phone they made. Not all smartphones in general. I figured that was assumed since we are talking Apple here. Your statement about tech going down in price is fine but as tech keeps improving price will go up then balance out and inflation is real. Period. I don’t think Apple is overly concerned about how many people buy the X. They still have the 6s, 7 and 8 series as well as an SE version. The X is a premium product for the consumer who wants the best of the best in tech and experience.

24. EightyTwenty, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018

EightyTwenty macrumors 6502

You can't rationalize wasting $1000 on a vanity item like a cell phone. It's obscene.

And you just KNOW that there are people who bought this thing who are up to their eyeballs in credit card debt and have no savings.

Hell, I bet that is the target audience for iPhones these days.
    Neither are 99% of the people buying this phone. Many are 20-somethings drowning in student debt and credit card debt who barely have a pot to piss in but feel the need to buy the latest and greatest iPhone every 2 years.

People have their priorities ass backwards these days and tech companies are happily suckering them like the suckers they are.

25. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

Sounds like you really wish iPhone X was cheaper. Also where do you get off acting as if you can comment on someone’s wallet?

Personally your not sleeping with me, feeding me or financing me therefore you don’t know my or anyone else’s Situation.

More and more these types of posts show up and honestly it seems like they are posted by people who have money issues themselves and are pissed or something folks can actually buy things without abandon.

It’s all good though go create a throwaway account and post the same thing again. Like a clock telling the time on the regular you and your type who posts things like this are consistent.