Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dicklacara

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
SF Bay Area
The movie makint the fake is a fake!

As I posted to the other thread:

mmmm....

compare the original with the last frame of the "movie".

they are different!

1) no international "7" on the barcode label of the movie

2) the part number in the original is a "B", in the movie it is an "8"

3) the sequence of the movie indicates that it was recreated from the original fake... wha?

... good job, tho!

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Well F@@k me, it looks like it will be a selection of new MacSock Pro's on Tuesday afterall:(

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
I agree, this video is someone exasperated with the fake or not debate and made this short clip to demonstrate how "easy" it would be to make a faked image. Call me crazy, but I am not convinced this video is of the creation of the "iPod 6G" leak image.

All of the live video avoids direct comparison to the final "faked" image. Watch it and you'll probably notice the only time we see the previously released image is a static image in photoshop. The only part we see live is writing of the chinese characters. I don't know about you, but the characters from the "fakery exposed" video don't exactly match the ones we've seen in the original image.

Furthermore, this video doesn't match the released image. What happened to the "7"?

I'm not trying to argue either way, just curious if it is just my eyes fooling me.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 3,099
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 381
  • 6giPod.jpg
    6giPod.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 371

reyesmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
Since this thing is a fake (and a great one at that) I guess I should not get my hopes up for this event. They will just update what they have or come out with something you don't really need but looks cool anyway.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
I'm impressed, I must admit. Not only do they make a very realistic picture but they even documented the making of it.

Good fun, well done to those involved.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
OK, it's definitely NOT showing the creation of the original image--although it could be the same guy "doing it over" because he didn't document the first time.

Fun with Fishiness:

* The hand-drawn parts (tape markings AND the foreground scribbling at the end) don't match: he draws one thing that doesn't match the original image, then cuts to a version that does match.

* He places a pure, solid, untextured EPS of the testbars... but never shows how the realistic LCD moire was introduced. What better way to do that than to take a picture of your Mac screen with the testbars displayed? And place THAT instead? I can't think how placing an EPS makes sense.

So this is a reconstruction--which doesn't mean the original is real, of course.

Funny with the music though :)

illw!l

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
The video is a fake

The original photo could still be a fake, but this video does not show the fake being made. This video show a NEW fake being made from the original image AND photos taken by the creator of the video. Observe (along with earlier message of handwriting discrepancies) :

picture47oo.png

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Sedulous said:
I agree, this video is someone exasperated with the fake or not debate and made this short clip to demonstrate how "easy" it would be to make a faked image. Call me crazy, but I am not convinced this video is of the creation of the "iPod 6G" leak image.

All of the live video avoids direct comparison to the final "faked" image. Watch it and you'll probably notice the only time we see the previously released image is a static image in photoshop. The only part we see live is writing of the chinese characters. I don't know about you, but the characters from the "fakery exposed" video don't exactly match the ones we've seen in the original image.

Furthermore, this video doesn't match the released image. What happened to the "7"?

I'm not trying to argue either way, just curious if it is just my eyes fooling me.
I believe the movie was done after the original image was created, and he just did a fast mock-up to show how it was done.

age234

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2004
Why would somebody go to all that trouble to make a video of himself making a fake iPod ???
To get as much attention as the person who made the fake in the first place.

illw!l

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
age234 said:
You're right. They're actually quite different.

Plus, the "scribbling" is different.

Again, this could be the original creator doing a "reinactment" for posterity.

spacehog371

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2003
I also noticed that you only see very short clips. This movie could have easily been created off the original fake. Here is my question...

Why did he take two pictures of the original ipod. He could have just cloned the screen from the first shot.

I think this is just a video showing how you could theoretically create the image in photoshop... but like the others have said, this is not the making of the original fake... now thats an oxymoron.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
dicklacara said:
As I posted to the other thread:

mmmm....

compare the original with the last frame of the "movie".

they are different!

1) no international "7" on the barcode label of the movie

2) the part number in the original is a "B", in the movie it is an "8"

3) the sequence of the movie indicates that it was recreated from the original fake... wha?

... good job, tho!

Ahh...the old "international 7"..

Ever consider the guy doing this wrote an F instead of a 7 ? meaning FAKE!

:rolleyes:

dicklacara

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
SF Bay Area
Sedulous said:

The movie is a fake. It uses the original fake as a basis for creating the fake movie.

Maybe someone could edit the fake fake to make it more closely resemble the real fake?????

MarcelV

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
This is hilarious. Some of us are asking themselves how someone has that much time on his hands, nothing better to do. But here we are, doing the same thing, proving or disprove the pictures. Maybe we should ask ourselves the same question. And just wait for Tuesday? Nah, too much fun.

dstaudigel

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2006
Missing the point...

I think we're missing the point here. The reason he did this is to show without a doubt how easy it is to make a BS image that is actually convincing (unlike those retarded blurry "spy shots" of everything but the kitchen sink posing as a new Apple product). Whether or not the video is made by the same person, or even if the original image was real, is totally tertiary to the purpose of this video. This video is to show how easy it is to dupe us. He succeeded. The fact that there is sincere bickering about whether or not the image and the video match up properly, just proves his point: None of us know what's up.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
:D ha i said last week i was not going to get all worked up about the rumors just yet and just take it like it comes, but you guy's and girls have been busy over the past few day's :cool:

next photoshopper please :rolleyes:

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
dstaudigel said:
I think we're missing the point here. The reason he did this is to show without a doubt how easy it is to make a BS image that is actually convincing (unlike those retarded blurry "spy shots" of everything but the kitchen sink posing as a new Apple product). Whether or not the video is made by the same person, or even if the original image was real, is totally tertiary to the purpose of this video. This video is to show how easy it is to dupe us. He succeeded. The fact that there is sincere bickering about whether or not the image and the video match up properly, just proves his point: None of us know what's up.

It is easy to make a fake image if you use one that is already made for you.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Heres a little tin foil hat theory...

What if Apple themselves made the fake iPod video? What if this was all a ploy to show that it was a fake all along? then come the next Apple show/event whatever they show a product that looks identical?

hmm.

illw!l

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
raggedjimmi said:
Heres a little tin foil hat theory...

What if Apple themselves made the fake iPod video? What if this was all a ploy to show that it was a fake all along? then come the next Apple show/event whatever they show a product that looks identical?

hmm.

I spoke to some insiders and they told me that my new iMac is NOT running off of intel processors rather it is running off of Steve Jobs brain. The connection is made throught the power cord.

The intel transition was FAKED!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.