Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
any pictures?
40414D9F-8EE6-48B2-9B99-F8F11B33EB77.jpeg

^After about 6 hours of using magsafe in my car.

s2k_esoj

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2019
Does anyone have the Bullstrap leather case for iPhone 12 models? I’m wondering if the bottom is open or protected like the iPhone leather cases

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
It is really that shiny and dark black? My 6.1” version is matte and more like charcoal/dark gray than black.
One in your photo looks more like what my X leather case looks like and what I would prefer it to look.
Just photo, apples black became charcoal with last years cases, mine is not shiny.

jtuck82

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2020
Does anyone have the Bullstrap leather case for iPhone 12 models? I’m wondering if the bottom is open or protected like the iPhone leather cases

I’m 99% sure they’re open. You can almost tell from their website pics and Instagram

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Still waiting for natural patina pics of this years saddle brown and Baltic blue.
I agree with everyone else they seem to have used a different leather this year and it’s more plasticky. It’s not even the same type of leather as the leather wallet or leather sleeve.

s2k_esoj

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2019
Still waiting for natural patina pics of this years saddle brown and Baltic blue.
I agree with everyone else they seem to have used a different leather this year and it’s more plasticky. It’s not even the same type of leather as the leather wallet or leather sleeve.
I don’t think we will see any patina these cases are basically vinyl. Just when you thought last years cases were bad smh

merc0899

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2020
I think the saddle brown is not going to age very well on the iPhone 12. I had a saddle brown leather on my iPhone 5 (aftermarket), and with the edges being square, wore a lot more than the rest. I had a saddle brown on my 8, and the rounded edges allowed for a more even wear. Squared off edges on the iPhone 5 just made it look dirty and worn on the sides and edges compared to the rest. Maybe these new cases might be different though...

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
I think the saddle brown is not going to age very well on the iPhone 12. I had a saddle brown leather on my iPhone 5 (aftermarket), and with the edges being square, wore a lot more than the rest. I had a saddle brown on my 8, and the rounded edges allowed for a more even wear. Squared off edges on the iPhone 5 just made it look dirty and worn on the sides and edges compared to the rest. Maybe these new cases might be different though...

Yea i’m thinking about exchanging for the baltic blue, the edges/lip on my SB are turning black instead of slowly getting darker. Here is a low quality picture since you cant upload normal resolution through the app, lol. I can upload original if there is interest
777429bd0e599885e98b46e358f4a20a.jpg

Last edited:

s2k_esoj

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2019
Yea i’m thinking about exchanging for the baltic blue, the edges/lip on my SB are turning black instead of slowly getting darker. Here is a low quality picture since you cant upload normal resolution through the app, lol. I can upload original if there is interest
777429bd0e599885e98b46e358f4a20a.jpg
Baltic blue will turn black on the edges as well

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Does anyone know if the Bullstrap cases for the 12 series have a closed bottom, or are they still open?

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
Just photo, apples black became charcoal with last years cases, mine is not shiny.
OK. Does matte leather seem fragile to you? I noticed it scratches much easier than my old X glossy black case and leather feels just so much softer in 12 case. Sure this new case has excellent grip and it feels nice in hand but I'm really not sure it will be durable at all. My X case after 2 years of use is still in excellent condition and actually it just seems to get better and better more I use it.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
OK. Does matte leather seem fragile to you? I noticed it scratches much easier than my old X glossy black case and leather feels just so much softer in 12 case. Sure this new case has excellent grip and it feels nice in hand but I'm really not sure it will be durable at all. My X case after 2 years of use is still in excellent condition and actually it just seems to get better and better more I use it.

Leather scratches/marks. Real leather like Nomad scratches even easier.
Sold my black.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
My ProHT leather case arrived. I have to say quality is good and feels nice. Buttons are clicky. Let’s hope it patina decently since it’s a square iPhone.

Mine is still not ready for pickup. Could you post some close up pics of the case outside of the package?

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
Leather scratches/marks. Real leather like Nomad scratches even easier.
Sold my black.
I know real leather scratches too but this just feels more fragile than my X leather case. In this scratch mark seems more or less permanent, in my X case most scratches fade away by just rubbing them with my finger (I guess it is real aniline leather?). Does anyone know what type of leather is used in 12 case? I hope it is not some coated leather.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.