Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What's your situation in relation to a MacBook Pro?

• Total voters

andy.c

macrumors member
May 22, 2007
Sweden
Again, I must be the only one who LOVES the new keyboards (which is obviously making its way across the entire Mac lineup...already found on the MB, iMac, and now MBA).

No, I love to type on my Macbook keyboard, the keys feel very good. I hope it will be the same kind of keyboard, though illuminated, to the new MBP. :)

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
Again, I must be the only one who LOVES the new keyboards (which is obviously making its way across the entire Mac lineup...already found on the MB, iMac, and now MBA).

Magnetic latch, MBA-style keyboard, and (slight) hardware bump all on the MBP would make me giddy like a schoolgirl.

But black-on-alu looks so fugly... I hope it wouldn't share the Air's keyboard..

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
If nothing comes out by next Tuesday, I will just buy the current model. The 2.6ghz with 4GB of RAM and a 200GB 7200RPM HDD is plenty fine for me and I really do not want a MBA keyboard on the MBP (Just a personal preference).

brokenlighter

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2007
You can update mine to recieved. Refurb MBP. Two days for shipping.

The estamated date from apple was liek two weeks.

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2006
2.4 with 200GB 7200RPM HD ordered yesterday and will be arriving tomorrow. My OWC 4Gb upgrade is also coming tomorrow, I'm excited.

Superjanne

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2007
NORWAY
If nothing comes out by next Tuesday, I will just buy the current model. The 2.6ghz with 4GB of RAM and a 200GB 7200RPM HDD is plenty fine for me and I really do not want a MBA keyboard on the MBP (Just a personal preference).

sign me up for just the same as him in quoute!

... i am sceard (?) that the MBP is going to get tha UGLY keyboard as well, YACK! :eek: i dont now if i am going to wait. Probebly order one tomorrow! :D

(bad written, from Norway!)

plumpan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
gonna head on over to the apple store this weekend and pick up a 17" 2.6 mbp. do they sell OEM copies of windows XP at any store, or is it online only?

not worried about a penryn update anymore - although a better gpu, increased memory capacity , led display, and exterior upgrades within the next few weeks would most likely convince me to return my mbp and upgrade.

GreyMatta

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2007
England
middle 15" or maybe 17" haven't decided yet !

as long as the new one has at least a 256MB GPU i will be happy and I will be well chuffed if it has 512MB especially if it is a M8800 (Please please Apple) :)

lets hope for an update before the end of February. I have been waiting for a few months already and its killing me (I have fetched my BlackBooks box out of the loft and was about to pack it for sale on eBay)

Dsr1205

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
buying 15in MBP

I'm gonna buy a MBP 15inch high end model the second they update it. Then i'm gonna install vista the second after i get it. I'm a windows man so duel boot is the only way to fly

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006

We just bought one of these: it is an amazing unit.

It really kicks on our 2.2ghz MBP with the faster drive.

Great laptop.

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
I'm gonna buy a MBP 15inch high end model the second they update it. Then i'm gonna install vista the second after i get it. I'm a windows man so duel boot is the only way to fly

From release to Vista install in 2 seconds, impressive :p

I hope it gets updated very very soon.

convert2mac

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
I'm waiting....Will be my first Mac. Mid-range 15" should work for me. I will need to buy and install XP pro to use my employee benefit. (Benefit = zero intrest, $2600, 2 year loan). Caviot is that it has to run windows. Bootcamp, done.:)
Can't wait.:D

harry0

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2007
Australia
yeah im waiting... was going to get a MBP in November but rumours of the updates forced me to wait till Jan 15 because everyone was so sure that would be the date.

i need one by March at the latest so its going to be interesting to see if Apple can pull a rabbit out of a hat in that time. its extremely frustrating for me and im sure many others here the position we are in here..

i can either buy one right now, and risk missing out on possible updates in the future (but then again, who bloody knows?)

or i can wait it out.. it would be really nice if Apple could give us some information regarding this because it has potential buyers sitting between a rock and a hard place, and that pisses me off.

hurry up and release an updated version already!! Penryn 2.6 and an updated GPU./ is it really that hard?

/rant

ctodd111

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
I'll probably take the plunge as soon as the low-end MBP gets the graphics memory bumped to 256mb and, hopefully, a larger standard HDD. If such an update doesn't happen in the next month or two, however, who knows... - I may go for it anyway.

I still can't decide between matte and glossy -- decisions, decisions.

Brianstorm91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Cambridge, UK
Updated list

Please post your current MBP status:

As of 21:56, it appears that 76% of those in the list are choosing to wait rather than to purchase a SR MBP, based on an even distribution of those who have no details to their name.

173080:
7even: Waiting
AaronRC: Bought 17" SR MBP
acearchie:
Aguero:
aiterum:
andy.c: Waiting
AoWolf:
aswitcher:
atomicparker: Waiting
BaronvdB: Waiting
basgarl:
brandon.vong:
Brianstorm91: Waiting
brokenlighter: Bought refurb SR MBP
cafeCarl: Waiting
caldavey:
capitanbuzo:
CaptainCaveMann:
chedda: Waiting
Code001:
colinmack: Waiting
Ctodd111: Waiting
Cybergypsey: Bought 2 SR MBP's
Dan0903: Waiting
DarrenLamb:
dcp063:
dhartung02: Waiting
dibara2003:
DigitalSkunk: Waiting
DocSmitty:
djellison: Bought refurb 15" SR MBP
Dsr1205: Waiting
Eric Lewis:
evilyankeefan: Bought 15" SR MBP
Fossie:
gazfocus: Waiting
gescom:
Glenny2lappies:
harry0: Waiting
HenMaster6000:
Ibeaumont: Waiting
ibinco:
ibizarocks:
icepick1985:
iPeg: Waiting
IrI: Waiting
iW00t:
jameskohn:
Jammy1254: Waiting
jnc: Waiting
joefinan: Waiting
Karpfish: Bought SR MBP
lekun:
LunaLovegood:
maclovin:
MacSamurai:
masse:
mastamarek: Waiting
mintram: Waiting
morethanblood:
nilocalling: Waiting
noodle654: Waiting
Plumpan: Indecisive
Rabbleboy: Waiting
Ryox:
ShortCutMan:
Shoulin333:
schreck:
scypher84: Waiting
Shua: Waiting
skuzzy:
Spaceball: Waiting
Spritey: Waiting
Squonk:
Stridder44: Waiting
Superjanne: Bought SR MBP
tanjacob:
TDPHunter:
tejota1911: Waiting
tennisplaayer11:
The Iguana:
thedagger:
timtam: Bought 17" SR MBP
TStewart422:
Viper2005:
Vokteren: Waiting
wake6830:
waynesun:
wildwobby:
Wolvngelz: Bought 15" SR MBP
Zillion:

BaronvdB

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
Still waiting...i've been waiting for a couple years now...i just want a 12" or 13" MBP is that so much to ask?

I may have to just buy the current model..i haven't decided yet.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
I wait!

Seeing as I've gone for a Mac Pro at the home, I'm in no need for a "desk top replacement" quality - but I can't get a MacBook Air at that price. Also, its introduction officially leaves no room for the 13" MBP I've hoped for for the last two years, which is a shame.

Short of a significant Air price drop, I'm still holding out for a new low-end MBP.

lekun

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
I'm on that waiter-list as well. I really want an 15" MBP 2,4 Ghz right now, but I know I'd feel so stupid if I buy it now and it updates in a couple of weeks.

That is why I go with Amazon. No tax; 30 day money back guarantee. And better yet, if the update comes out and you don't care, Amazon will usually give you a partial refund.

With a 8.75% here in greater Chicago, Amazon without tax, and their rebate (which they make good on) means it is cheaper than Apple Education discount.

plumpan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
brianstorm: i haven't bought mine yet, but am STRONGLY inclined to buy one this weekend... yet this darn rumor mill never stops!!! :confused:

funny thing is, i live 1 minute away from apple hq... maybe i can go snoop around a bit and see whats up before i decide to pick up my mbp.

Spritey

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2006
Canada/Norway/USA
Still waiting for a 15", 256mb+ graphics card...

I'm not waiting for a new processor or anything, more of a redesign (i.e. fancy new multitouch trackpad would be nice...). Been waiting since August when I sold my MBP to my brother.

Figured I realistically would have to wait till January, apparently I need to be more patient.

I also wanted to see if the rumored UP could be of interest. Which it isn't, because I need more power for some games and stuff. If I had lots of money I'd get a Mac Pro and Air as my portable for school... but as I'm not rich I need to get one that combines the two a little: so MBP....

Normally I wouldn't be this patient, but my last chance to use my student discount before I graduate.

evilyankeefan

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
Bought 15" SR MBP.

Jealous of Karpfish who ordered (same specs) yesterday as well and getting it tomorrow. Coming to VA from CA, so hoping to get a surprise before the weekend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.