Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Originally posted by Wes
Manchester United for Life!

We are going to win the league, haha, suckers!!!!

Get back to your prawn sarnies, monkey boy:D

So, I go into the lions den next week with a winner takes all match... luverly, wouldn't have it any other way, another trophy season (even if it was the worst one I've ever seen from the 'Pool) and a grandstand finishing game.

Well done Newcastle, although they didn't play well apparently.

Bloody Anelka eh? I knew he'd get back at Le Boss eventually, still, if we can't beat Man City at Anfield maybe we don't deserve to play in the Champions league;)

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Originally posted by WinterMute
Get back to your prawn sarnies, monkey boy:D

So, I go into the lions den next week with a winner takes all match... luverly, wouldn't have it any other way, another trophy season (even if it was the worst one I've ever seen from the 'Pool) and a grandstand finishing game.

Well done Newcastle, although they didn't play well apparently.

Bloody Anelka eh? I knew he'd get back at Le Boss eventually, still, if we can't beat Man City at Anfield maybe we don't deserve to play in the Champions league;)

should be a cracking game, you've no idea how jealous i am mate...

oh, and why'd you have to go quote wes eh??? seeing that line in red once was enough :p ;)

nice to see carroll do a barthez for charlton's goal though hahahaha.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Give the lad his moment of gloating, he knows he supports an inferior team, as do all Man Ure supporters, I should know, most of them live in London...

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Give the lad his moment of gloating, he knows he supports an inferior team, as do all Man Ure supporters, I should know, most of them live in London...

hehe, fair play. that's what i found odd about "cold feet", it was set in manchester AND they supported United, very strange ;)

mind you, we're Liverpool fans and we live in London and New York. I'll stop right there me thinks... :)

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Originally posted by evoluzione
hehe, fair play. that's what i found odd about "cold feet", it was set in manchester AND they supported United, very strange ;)

mind you, we're Liverpool fans and we live in London and New York. I'll stop right there me thinks... :)

As I understand it, most mancurians support city :confused:

I guess that not all of them are glory-seekers, like everyone makes them out to be.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by britboy
As I understand it, most mancurians support city :confused:

I guess that not all of them are glory-seekers, like everyone makes them out to be.

Me... Glory-seeker? You are just jealous that you weren't born on the right side of Manchester, or the right city for that matter! *Scoffs* You dare to compare your bunch of lads to utd??? *Another evil laugh*.:p

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Welllllllllllll... being as you brought it up...

Wasn't this season the first time you've beaten us in any competition for like, five years? Didn't we beat the snot out of your wonderful boys in Cardiff earlier this year in a (gasp) CUP FINAL... Isn't this the poorest season we've EVER had?

Just remember, football isn't a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that:D :D :D

Come and talk to me the year you win five trophies in one season:p ;) :D

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Welllllllllllll... being as you brought it up...

Wasn't this season the first time you've beaten us in any competition for like, five years? Didn't we beat the snot out of your wonderful boys in Cardiff earlier this year in a (gasp) CUP FINAL... Isn't this the poorest season we've EVER had?

Just remember, football isn't a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that:D :D :D

Come and talk to me the year you win five trophies in one season:p ;) :D

All I know is that we are going to win the league, and you're not. Ok enough squabbling, it could go on forever. But I've always had a soft-spot for Liverpool, I'm waiting for the day when Owen partners Nistelrooy up front. :D

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Original poster
hehe, WinterMute, some top points raised there, um *cough* five trophies! :D oh, and um, HOW many league titles have we won??? hmmmm ;)
great shanks quote there too...

wes, as much as i hate utd, i gotta respect them, very good team, still not good enough to win champs league mind, but then, none of the teams in england are i don't think. seriously though, it's the fans that i dislike more, they're way too arrogant, there are exceptions of course :) i don't think i've ever had a decent football convo with a utd fan, this being the first i believe. it's all good natured, and that's the way it should be :)

come on you gooners!!!! ;)

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by evoluzione

still not good enough to win champs league mind, but then.

Man Utd. won it a few years ago, but after seeing Real Madrid, we still have a ways to go. But Real have old players, wait a few years and utd. will have some whippersnappers to whiz past them. :D

Oh, and thanks about the site!

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Original poster
yeah, '99 i believe they won it, but they've failed in either the quarters or semis since. further than we've got mind...

yeah liverpool will be challenging you for that too, we have some top talent, just not working right at the moment hehe

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Wicked! I'm happy, going to watch match of the day later! I wish you luck in the Chelsea game. I really would like to see Liverpool win, none of these forieigners!;)

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Yes, congrats Man U, Leeds wait till the bitter end to start playing some football:D I'll bet Wenger's gutted...

I have intelligent converstaions with a Man U supporter fairly often, my wife supports 'em, luckily not just cos Beckham plays there either (although I think Cantona had something to do with it;) ) She actually knows her footy... for a girl:p :p

Here's to Saturday and a damn good game, then we can watch Arsenal win the FA cup and start speculating about next season.

James.Paul

macrumors regular
May 19, 2002
Northallerton, England
Fair do's, congratulations Manchester United, Arsenal ran out of steam and didn't really have a big enough squad to do it. Over here were going to have 3 games televised at once including Liverpool vs Chelsea. I'm getting excited now. This is the cup final of all games.

Good Luck to Paolo's happy hammers. I'd like to see them stay up and Bolton go down. Not a football decision though, an ex girlfriend comes from Bolton and goes to all the games. In fact when Bolton beat Liverpool 2-1 last year, she was on Sky Sports jumping up and down celebrating!!! I was not chuffed!!!!

Anyway, Man Utd celebrate now cos In 3-4 years, the main challengers will be Darlington and Liverpool. A new dynasty is going to appear. Come on Darlo, George get your wallet out. Forget Faustino Asprilla, only Ronaldo will do this season.

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Originally posted by James.Paul
Fair do's, congratulations Manchester United, Arsenal ran out of steam and didn't really have a big enough squad to do it. Over here were going to have 3 games televised at once including Liverpool vs Chelsea. I'm getting excited now. This is the cup final of all games.

Good Luck to Paolo's happy hammers. I'd like to see them stay up and Bolton go down. Not a football decision though, an ex girlfriend comes from Bolton and goes to all the games. In fact when Bolton beat Liverpool 2-1 last year, she was on Sky Sports jumping up and down celebrating!!! I was not chuffed!!!!

Anyway, Man Utd celebrate now cos In 3-4 years, the main challengers will be Darlington and Liverpool. A new dynasty is going to appear. Come on Darlo, George get your wallet out. Forget Faustino Asprilla, only Ronaldo will do this season.

hahaha, we've all been wondering what game we're gonna get stateside, it's looking good now as the 'pool game is the biggie. we were making plans for me to get a powerbook in the pub and hook it up to the cable and tv system so we can stream the sideshow over the stereo etc. the e-season ticket on the lfc website is actually pretty darm good. :) hopefully there'll be no need.

we're by the bollocks over here though, my uncle just tried getting Setanta (satellite co who have the FA Cup rights) in his pub, and they're like, nah, we have enough pubs in nyc carrying it. WTF!?!?! there's about 3! talk about stupid. it's easy money in their pocket. argh, some of these companies make me so angry!

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Yes, congrats Man U, Leeds wait till the bitter end to start playing some football:D I'll bet Wenger's gutted...

I have intelligent converstaions with a Man U supporter fairly often, my wife supports 'em, luckily not just cos Beckham plays there either (although I think Cantona had something to do with it;) ) She actually knows her footy... for a girl:p :p

Here's to Saturday and a damn good game, then we can watch Arsenal win the FA cup and start speculating about next season.

I was in the pub yesterday watching the match....what an atmosphere! It was a great game to watch, even if we did lose it. What annoys me though is that many teams seem to reserve their best football for when they're playing against arsenal. Look at what Leeds, Bolton et all have done.

All the same though, congrats to man utd. They deserve the title, considering how hard they've battled this season. Enjoy it whilst you can wes, because next season...... ;)

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Originally posted by britboy
What annoys me though is that many teams seem to reserve their best football for when they're playing against arsenal. Look at what Leeds, Bolton et all have done.

likewise mate, i always get nervous when liverpool play a "lesser" team, we always muff it up. and we always seem to bring out the best in their goalie too, the amount of games lately where their 'keeper has been man of the match....

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Originally posted by dstorey
Classified football results with James Alexander Gordon

Fulham 1 .... Everton 1

Liverpool 3 .... Manchester City 0

Manchester United 1 .... Charlton Athletic 0
After 96 mins fergie time

Newcastle United 0 .... Birmingham City 1

West Ham United 2 .... Chelsea 0

Arsenal 4 .... Leeds United 0

4 score draws, two no score draws and the forcast is good.

Wait a minute - you forgot two other games!

Middlesbrough 5.... Tottenham 1! Super Maccarone, Juninho, Ugo and Nemeth!

Bolton 0...Soton 0

PS - do ya reckon Middlesbrough and Newcastle are metaphors for Apple? I mean, they all look like they're going to breakthrough to the next level, but then oh no! Something happens! As a Boro and an Apple fan, I'd have to say yes, but what does anyone else think?:confused:

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Originally posted by MOFS
Wait a minute - you forgot two other games!

Middlesbrough 5.... Tottenham 1! Super Maccarone, Juninho, Ugo and Nemeth!

what a tonkin' eh? i couldn't believe it when i heard that.

what's up with Spurs and Leeds anyways? they're both great teams and should be way higher than they are...

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Houllier reports that he's been promised at least 15 million for purchases in the closed season regardless of whether the 'Pool qualify for the Champion's League or not, he specifically mentioned Cisse and Damien Duff as targets, but mentioned that he was also tracking two or three other possibles.

No mention as to anyone exiting Anfield...

Any thoughts?

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Houllier reports that he's been promised at least 15 million for purchases in the closed season regardless of whether the 'Pool qualify for the Champion's League or not, he specifically mentioned Cisse and Damien Duff as targets, but mentioned that he was also tracking two or three other possibles.

No mention as to anyone exiting Anfield...

Any thoughts?

hmmm, not sure about players leaving, i'm sure the dead wood will be cut though, players like Biscan perhaps. although he does seem to play better in defense, nerve rattling though.

however, the good news is!!!......the Chelsea v Liverpool game is on TV!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! 10am Sunday morning, superb. go down t'pub, have a nice brekky, and hopefully celebrate with the girls hahaha. can't wait!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.