Resolved MacBook Pro 2016 battery not charging help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bonjourx, Jun 29, 2017.

1. bonjourx macrumors member

bonjourx

my MacBook Pro 2016 13inch no touchbar just randomly stopped charging. I hear the charging chime whenever I plug the charger in but it says battery is not charging, and using the power as source. Yesterday it randomly restarted 3 times. I've reset the SMC, but it didn't work. I'm planning on bringing it to Apple Store, what would they most likely do for a MacBook Pro that still has 5 months left from the limited warranty? Do they usually fix it in this time or replace it? Has anyone experienced this? Also, how do I back up all my stuff from my MacBook?

2. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

Highly unlikely they will replace it. They will have to run diagnostics and will most likely repair whatever is the issue. Could just be a bad battery, in which case it is an easy fix.

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

If you're still under warranty, take it in and let Apple deal with it.

It's that simple…

4. Bo15 macrumors 6502

Bo15

Same problem here on my 15" TB bought in Nov. It's been repaired and being sent back to me tomorrow. Curious as to what was wrong and what was done.

5. joefoong79 macrumors regular

I'm doubt they will replace it. Guaranteed will need to left the MacBook for atleast 1 week for repair.

6. Bo15 macrumors 6502

Bo15

Dropped my 2016 2.7 15 MBP off at the Apple Store Monday and got it back this morning (Thurs). Logic board was replaced.

7. bonjourx thread starter macrumors member

bonjourx

mine too. logic board and battery were replaced. thank God! also got an apple care just for the future if this randomly happens again.