Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jon9091

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
There it is, problem solved… 😂
Sony-webcam.jpg

Watch as Apple turns this guy into a Unibrow.

Unibrow.jpg

Alan Turing

Suspended
Oct 15, 2021
Narcissism? People conduct meetings over webcams a lot. It’s not narcissistic to want to have a better quality webcam, more like the ones in iPhones and iPads (yes I know that’s a long ways off)
Yes it is. If you care that much about how you look to your coworkers, that's textbook narcissism. This isn't 1999, it's 2021, even some of the worst webcams on the market are still HD.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
All I know is the photo is blurry. And in Rumorland, blurry = real. Only thing missing is the elevator.
Jokes aside, I'm now more inclined to believe we are seeing a notch in our new MBPs - which I am likely ok with. An if we do, you already know the uproar that will follow. Only to see them outsell any MBP to date.
For sure but I found it to be a fun little extra. I liked scrubbing photos or timelines with it.
In VirtualDJ, it’s a game changer. In other words, dozens will miss it.

Personally, I liked the Touch Bar.

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
If they come up with a way to utilize those 74 pixels I'm for it, but it's hard to see how they'd use it meaningfully. Otherwise, it's just an extra 74 pixels of display to consume battery.

Well, the menu bar obviously.

amack

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
I was all set to buy a 14” MacBook Pro now I’m hoping they update the mini on Monday. A notch works fine on my iPhone as the time and battery/Wi-Fi symbols go either side of the notch. But if I’m using Visual studio etc will the top menu bar all fit? Has someone mocked up what this will look like I. Real world use?

Also, interesting that apple patented the notch for iMac and MacBook in 2018. I think it’s happening and I just don’t know how it benefits me, I’m not bothered about 10mm bezels. ?

mrmister

Suspended
Dec 19, 2008
"If you care that much about how you look to your coworkers, that's textbook narcissism."

Mmmmmmmhmmmm.

"Most people I know don't even bother to turn the video on during meetings. No need to see me in my "Meatwad Rulz" teeshirt."

Going to go out on a crazy limb and say that *maybe* everyone's corporate culture isn't the same.

"Exactly. And I've worked from home exclusively for over 5 years. Narcissists never admit that their narcissists."

This kind of dumb, ham-fisted amateur sleuth pathologizing is its own illness. The idea that you openly brand people narcissists because they want their webcam to work well? Seek help.

Alan Turing

Suspended
Oct 15, 2021
"If you care that much about how you look to your coworkers, that's textbook narcissism."

Mmmmmmmhmmmm.

"Most people I know don't even bother to turn the video on during meetings. No need to see me in my "Meatwad Rulz" teeshirt."

Going to go out on a crazy limb and say that *maybe* everyone's corporate culture isn't the same.

"Exactly. And I've worked from home exclusively for over 5 years. Narcissists never admit that their narcissists."

This kind of dumb, ham-fisted amateur sleuth pathologizing is its own illness. The idea that you openly brand people narcissists because they want their webcam to work well? Seek help.
Exactly. Seek help. You're so defensive...I wonder why?

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Most people I know don't even bother to turn the video on during meetings. No need to see me in my "Meatwad Rulz" teeshirt.

we demand everyone to turn on their cameras now because the teams from the UK and India always love to do other things on the side, not paying attention and then are like „oh sorry, I was on „mute“ or „yes, no problem“ without actually knowing what had been discussed. The worst is the throw away line „sure. I will get back to you“ (they won’t)

ANYWAY, we are taking about camera improvements here. It’s not that serious

Reactions: Alan Turing

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Yes it is. If you care that much about how you look to your coworkers, that's textbook narcissism. This isn't 1999, it's 2021, even some of the worst webcams on the market are still HD.
Lol. A webcam makes it easier for other to see non-verbal communication at the expense of decreased visual appearance. That’s the opposite of narcissism.

Krypton Deer

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2019
Does that have mini LED? 120mhz?
No 120Hz - 3.5k OLED on both XPS 13 and 15.

Honestly, depending on pricing, I may just get it over the MacBook Pro 16 if it has a notch. I don't believe this "leak" is real though, I hope not.

Unless they black out the notch strip in normal programs (then what's the point of the notch), it's going to be very annoying when I edit photos in full screen.

Alan Turing

Suspended
Oct 15, 2021
Lol. A webcam makes it easier for other to see non-verbal communication at the expense of decreased visual appearance. That’s the opposite of narcissism.
However you have to rationalize this, in your mind. If your webcam is bad enough that you can't see non-verbal communication, you probably should've upgraded about 9 years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.