Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

LukeWorm

macrumors member
May 8, 2010
France
Upgraded on Monday and to 10.13.1 beta today. Reminders app is strange: I have one daily reminder since long, every evening at 21:59. Now with High Sierra, it pops up anytime and many times during the day, even if I click Complete. When I go to Reminders, this reminder (the only one) is nowhere to be found, so I can't edit or remove it.

Last edited:

Cardsnk

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
WTF? I am getting this glitch while opening energy saver. High Sierra 10.13

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 10.12.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 10.12.17 PM.png
    307.9 KB · Views: 664

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
I might've found the fix/workaround...

Go to Energy Saver and uncheck "Automatic graphics switching"
Bingo! Genius!

Automatic Graphic Switching (for those having a dGPU) strikes again, and again!

Kudos to you, Dan. Thanks! I could not stand that pink hue on every dropped menu.

[And, by the way, from a gift that goes on giving, cancelling "Auto graphics switching" also fixed the 1-second delay in Mail while scrolling thru a long list of mailboxes, when moving/copying received mail from the inbox. It did not fix the append-to-the-end problem of a newly-created mailbox, though -- I did not expect it would though.]
[doublepost=1506697930][/doublepost]
Upgraded on Monday and to 10.13.1 beta today. Reminders app is strange: I have one daily reminder since long, every evening at 21:59. Now with High Sierra, it pops up anytime man many times, even if I click Complete. When I go to Reminders, this reminder (the only one) is nowhere to be found, so I can't edit or remove it.
Try using your Reminders app on the iPhone. [May not fix that problem, but the iOS Reminders app. goes thru tighter QC].

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
Thank you, but I don't have any iOS device.
Understood.

If you have an iCloud account, then go to Reminders > Completed=ON and then "Clear Completed". That may do the trick to zap the recalcitrant reminder.

Something is making this solo reminder to re-surface. It may have no relationship with the iCloud state, but worth a try.

Just my 2 cents.

LukeWorm

macrumors member
May 8, 2010
France
Understood.

If you have an iCloud account, then go to Reminders > Completed=ON and then "Clear Completed". That may do the trick to zap the recalcitrant reminder.

Something is making this solo reminder to re-surface. It may have no relationship with the iCloud state, but worth a try.

Thank you! I switched iCloud on for Reminders and yes! there it was. Problem solved.

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
On the Mail app, I usually use it in "Classic" view. But lately, sometimes when a new message comes in, the program automatically switches from "Classic" view to the newer view! It's happened so much now that I'm no longer going to bother with the "Classic" view until it gets fixed, if it's going to keep changing itself back to the new view...

Pennypacker83

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2010
Hi! Since upgrading my mid-2015 MPB 15 to High Sierra, the system now shuts down automatically at night if the lid is closed. Energy Saver > Schedule settings are not enabled. The startup seems slower, too, and I cannot see fan speeds (iStat Menus version 6.00) on the menu bar unless I restart the system. Anyone here with similar issues? I read on Stack Exchange that Apple has acknowledged the shutdown issue, and are working on it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 22.53.44.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 22.53.44.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 198

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
...I cannot see fan speeds (iStat Menus version 6.00) on the menu bar unless I restart the system. Anyone here with similar issues? ...

Just to check your menu bar issue, I tested HardwareMonitor app, which monitors all sensors on my MBP. It is of course a third-party app, similar to iStat.

And it works just as before, showing state whenever it is launched.

So, no, the problem appears to lie with iStat, not the menu bar.

[As much as I would like to place the blame on Federighi and Cook for this clumsy release./s]

fluamsler

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2016
near Basel, Switzerland
Both my girlfriend and I have 2017 MacBook Pros - 15" base spec, while I have not had any problems with High Sierra on my machine, she constantly has problems with Mail crashing, and the machine waking from sleep after only a few minutes.

Anyone else experiencing problems with the above?

Similar problem with my mid 2015 Retina MacBook Pro. After closing the display and folding it up again after a while the display does no respond. It's black and the Trackpad "clicks" but nothing happens. Only solution is to restart by pressing down the power button for a couple of seconds or forcing the restart by using the key combination CmdCtrlPwr. I had a similar problem with early versions of macOS 10.12 Sierra and OS X 10.11 El Capitan already.

Hope this is getting fixed ASAP! :(

Pennypacker83

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2010
Just to check your menu bar issue, I tested HardwareMonitor app, which monitors all sensors on my MBP. It is of course a third-party app, similar to iStat.

And it works just as before, showing state whenever it is launched.

So, no, the problem appears to lie with iStat, not the menu bar.

[As much as I would like to place the blame on Federighi and Cook for this clumsy release./s]

Unfortunately, I do believe the problem indeed lies with the OS itself. This only occurs when the system shuts down automatically. Works perfectly fine otherwise. Just opened the lid only to notice it has shut down again. No fan speeds visible, everything is sluggish and takes much more time to process. If I do a restart, all the aforementioned issues are gone.

Last edited:

kidtronix

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
I thought my High Sierra upgrade had gone flawless but two things happened,

1) I moved some files, first one on the desktop and the second I think in a folder in the finder but I am not certain, anyways after I moved them it left a "ghost" of the thumbnail behind. And not only that, it lays above everything, so any app I open the image of the file in its original position overlays it. Like this:

ATuS5e8.png

The first one went away for awhile but then it came back. About to reboot and hopefully it'll go away...

2) The second is weird, I am not even sure its a bug, but if I select an audio file in the finder (in list view) it automatically starts playing it, not from iTunes or any app just from the finder. If I select a group, it just starts playing the first file. Super annoying and I can't find any place to turn it off if it is a "feature." Even weird is that it plays FLAC files, which I don't think iTunes or any Apple app supports. Is it a bug or feature? If the later how do I turn it off?

Thanks.

Edit: 2016 Macbook Pro and thumbnails went away after rebooting.

koifish22

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2014
Pale Blue Dot
I have seen a strange behavior since upgrading to HS. Anytime I use a menu across any application, after clicking my choice the menu fades in a red hue.

Has anyone else seen this?

I see it too, only when reduce transparency is enabled in system prefs. It's also in Logic Pro X in every drop down menu, but is not affected by disabling reduce transparency. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
I see it too, only when reduce transparency is enabled in system prefs. It's also in Logic Pro X in every drop down menu, but is not affected by disabling reduce transparency. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Turn off "Automatic Graphics Switching" under "System Preferences" > "Energy Saver".
That makes the pink hue on dropped menus disappear. [I have reduced transparency set.]
[Kudos to daneharnett]

Last edited:

normanicus

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2017
This is a Wiki, so anyone can edit it and add bugs and/or bug fixes.

10.13 DP1
-------------------------------------------------------
Bugs:
  • System takes longer to boot (rMBP 2015)
  • Samba connections broken (extremely slow)
  • Attempts to create time machine backup fails, no backups possible
  • Can't disable Time Machine local snapshots (via terminal)
  • Can't hide login items in system preferences
  • Problems with network (HTTP; sometimes webpages load very slowly)
  • random restarts (Mac Pro, 2013)
  • slow UI animations (rMBP 2013, 13")
  • „telnet“ command not present in terminal
  • System hangs when locking screen and resuming it on again
  • reboots when using key shortcut to put to sleep mode
  • high battery drain when in sleep mode
  • Randomly switching color mode when playing movies (for some - not confirmed)
  • after reboot auto brightness is always turned on
  • external display is not detected when it's connected to the device at boot up (for some - not confirmed)
  • Printing fails with "Filter Error". Reinstalling printer did not fix.
  • Safari "download tab" doesn't resize appropriately
  • Mails app crashes frequently
  • zooming pdfs in Safari with touchpad gesture results also in scrolling up
  • Overall system slowness
  • Can’t zoom out of pdf in preview
  • exporting edited pictures in photos might create a corrupted picture
  • iMessages is broken after rolling back Sierra, contacts show as numbers and unable to send iMessages to new contact as says number not registered to iMessage.
  • MacBook (Pro/Air) Battery works, but is not seen. In Powersettings if turned on it closes instantly (probably only 3th party batteries)

Bug fixes:
  • -
10.13 DP2
Bug fixes:
  • UI animations seem to be fast again
  • Can hide login items again
  • Safari "download tab" resizes properly again
  • improved overall system speed
  • zooming out of pdfs in preview works again
  • afp connections seem to be broken now as well (besides samba) (deprecated on

• APFS volumes)
10.13 Public Beta (17A291m)
Bugs:
  • Mail Preference Panes not displaying correctly, only get blank window.
  • Launchpad - cannot delete app after icon starts wiggling when editing Launchpad
  • Auto-Unlock with Apple Watch not functioning. "Mac cannot communicate with Apple Watch"
10.13 Developer Beta 5 (17A330h)
New bugs:
  • Internal trackpad is not recognised in System Preferences (MacBook Mid 2010)
Reoccurring bugs:
  • AVCHD content in browser view in QuickTime cannot be scrolled
Bug fixes:
  • Dock no longer glitches on OpenGL capable only Macs when opening an app that is not pinned to the dock
  • Since the first beta of Sierra 10.12, frame rate of FaceTime video calls has finally been fixed
10.13 Gold Master Candidate (17A362a)
New bugs:
Reoccurring bugs:
  • AVCHD content in browser view in QuickTime cannot be scrolled
  • FaceTime (avconferenced process) crashes with Always on Top mode when entering background app in full-screen
  • Internal trackpad is not recognised in System Preferences (MacBook Mid 2010)
  • iOS 10 devices don't see tabs opened on Macs with Safari 11
Bug fixes:

10.13 Official Release (17A365)
New bugs:
  • Black boot screen with grey progress bar (APFS Encrypted disk, MacBook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2012)
  • When I'm opening folders it's impossible to use them because always flick in the screen (MBP TB2017)
  • System Preferences Trackpad gesture animations don't play (MacBook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2012)
  • Slow boot times with TRIM enabled. Disabling TRIM speeds up boot time.
  • Netflix full screen green screen with Safari or Chrome (Macs with HD4000 graphics)
  • On wake up when using an external monitor the laptop screen does not stay black as it was on sleep.
Reoccurring bugs:
Bug fixes:

ICEman-c81

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2014
Hi! Since upgrading my mid-2015 MPB 15 to High Sierra, the system now shuts down automatically at night if the lid is closed. Anyone here with similar issues? I read on Stack Exchange that Apple has acknowledged the shutdown issue, and are working on it.
oh wow, I thought I was going crazy. Mine is MacBook 12" mid 2016, shuts down at night during sleep

Reactions: Pennypacker83

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
On the Mail app, I usually use it in "Classic" view. But lately, sometimes when a new message comes in, the program automatically switches from "Classic" view to the newer view! It's happened so much now that I'm no longer going to bother with the "Classic" view until it gets fixed, if it's going to keep changing itself back to the new view...

And then it mysteriously goes back to the "Classic" view by itself when I re-open the app! Strange...

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
I have an external hard drive with 2 partitions, in hfs+ format.

The one of the two partitions, do not appear in Disk utility. Why?

The other one appears as usual.
I go to disk utility to convert this partition to the new file system, and this is the error I get:
convert.jpg

Why the one partition disappeared?

Why the conversion of the other one fail?

Machist

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2016
Finland
Is there anyone who has problem with preview? If you open PDF-file in preview and scroll down, first page changed red?
I have unsupported Mac Pro with ATI GPU. But is there same problem also supported Macs also?

Attachments

• red.jpeg
    red.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 273

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
On my 2016 tMBP 15" (Radeon 455) I have issues with my Asus MX27UC screen connected via DisplayPort. When resuming from sleep, the screen is unable to maintain sync.
This started with HS 10.13 and is still there on 10.13.1 beta 1. Reverting to Sierra fixes it.

Anyone else having similar DisplayPort issues? Or can anyone confirm they're *not* having such issues?

Here's my thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...roperly-after-sleep-with-high-sierra.2073629/

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
My keyboard doesn't automatically turn on nor display dims/brightens depending on day time and place.

Opening the MacBook in a bright day and its still at dark display.

More bugs to already my 2016 BUGGED MacBook Pro.:mad:

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
[doublepost=1506534900][/doublepost]Good afternoon,

Since I updated my MBP retina 2015 to High Sierra, I have since been experiencing that my screen turns into rainbow spots (I attach pictures) when the screen wakes up from sleep mode. This lasts just a second, but keeps me wondering how normal it is or if there is a patch... I haven't drop my laptop of hit it in any way, so i found this to be very strange, anyone has similar issues?

I experience the same exact thing, on the same exact MacBook Pro! Glad to know I am not the only one! Just like you said, it lasts for just a second or less and then it goes away and the desktop is shown with a perfect screen - no glitching. It must be a bug with the Intel Iris 6100 graphics we have in our MacBook Pros, or just a High Sierra bug that will be patched with the next release, hopefully. You should send a bug report (bugreport.apple.com) to Apple and attach that screenshot. I actually just made a post in the High Sierra forum asking if anyone else is experiencing this. Seeing as how we both have the same model MacBook Pro, I would not worry about it.

:apple:
[doublepost=1506830697][/doublepost]
Same laptop and same issue, you should report it to apple so they can fix it in the next update :)

I replied to him as well, but I just wanted to reply to you as well to let you know that I have the same model MacBook Pro as both of you and have the same issue. Now I am not worried my screen/GPU is going bad. I told him he should report the bug as well since he has the screenshot, however, all three of us should report it because then Apple might get to it a little quicker.

:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.