Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AwlsomeAlex

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
Have anyone tried with gtx 1050ti?
No acceleration. My GTX 970 runs like trash on latest BETA along with GTX 1060.
Edit: This is only until nvidia releases the Web Drivers or a port is created for the High Sierra ones.
[doublepost=1531158791][/doublepost]What’s the status of the Nvidia GeForce 9400M? That would add a lot of laptops to the list of supported devices.

Nedstah

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2018
North Carolina
Question about Metal: Will the Nvidia GeForce 9400M run Metal apps? The iPastel (version 3) app now requires Metal and doesn't run correctly on a Mac mini 3,1 patched High Sierra. Figured it might be the same for Mojave.

anthonysmith93

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2017
Champaign, IL
I'm successfully running Mojave on my Mac Mini 5,1. One question, is there a way to get the updates normally, or will I have to reinstall Mojave betas as the updated versions are released?

MauricioMarz

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2015
The new update to Mojave Patcher is now available, fixing the boot hang issue when using the latest installer app. Download available here.
@dosdude1 I have a MacBook Pro Late 2011 working with the first Mojave Patcher using Mojave Public Beta 1, how to I update to Public Beta 2 or DB3?

Thanks !

dosdude1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
I'm successfully running Mojave on my Mac Mini 5,1. One question, is there a way to get the updates normally, or will I have to reinstall Mojave betas as the updated versions are released?
With the Software Update Patch included with the latest version of the Mojave Patcher tool, you should be able to install updates normally.

anthonysmith93

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2017
Champaign, IL
Thank you! Also, I'm sure this is beta related but my bluetooth doesn't seem to work properly anymore, any idea if its a module incompatibility issue or just plain software issue? It detects my mouse when I try to connect, but when I click connect it blinks in the list as if appearing and disappearing.

jackluke

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2018
I just saw someone here with a screenshot of the successfully launched Mojave on the GeForce 320m card which is not far away from GeForce GTX 260, that's just I did not see the instruction for launching

These are the kext needed for Tesla Geforce 320m taken from S/L/E of any High Sierra installation:

NVDANV50HalTesla.kext
NVDAResmanTesla.kext

IONDRVSupport.kext
IOGraphicsFamily.kext

GeForceTesla.kext
GeForceGA.bundle

GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle
GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle

I have highlighted them in this way:
Safe (if you made a wrong install of these kexts doesn't affect booting)
Dangerous (if you don't install properly you risk to stuck on verbose mode or with a filled apple progress bar)
KP (till now this kext bundle produces a kernel panic and give QE/CI, if you don't install it you will boot fine with the others)

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2018
These are the kext needed for Tesla Geforce 320m taken from S/L/E of any High Sierra installation:

NVDANV50HalTesla.kext
NVDAResmanTesla.kext

IONDRVSupport.kext
IOGraphicsFamily.kext

GeForceTesla.kext
GeForceGA.bundle

GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle
GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle

I have highlighted them in this way:
Safe (if you made a wrong install of these kexts doesn't affect booting)
Dangerous (if you don't install properly you risk to stuck on verbose mode or with a filled apple progress bar)
KP (till now this kext bundle produces a kernel panic and give QE/CI, if you don't install it you will boot fine with the others)

@dosdude1 Are any of those KEXTS included in the patcher?

sseg

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2018
Hello everybody! Forgive that through an interpreter.
Installation is excellent, the patcher works. But the launch and booted the desktop and after a couple of minutes goes into reboot. I sin that the video card is connected. Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS

In Bigt Sierra works. If you copy the kext, nothing helps.

Last edited:

iTommy258

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2018
Germany
Hello,

i know that the installer doesn´t boot on a lot of C2D Machines. Just wanted to add, that it doesn´t work on a MacBook5,2 and a MacBookPro5,3.

But thanks again for the amazing job.

Best regards,
Tom

L Caputo

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2015
The new update to Mojave Patcher is now available, fixing the boot hang issue when using the latest installer app. Download available here.
Ok just downloaded your new Patcher app 1b4 downloaded Mojave beta using the Toolbar downloader, created USB installer, and the whole thing crapped out mid installation. Mac Pro 3.1 Nvidia GT 120 512Mb card.
This was over a previous install of PB1 using Patcher 1b3 which was glitchy graphically but was an installation.
Now th installation does not happen.

ASentientBot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2018
SkyLight.framework
Try using this, place to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/A
Then execute:
sudo rm -f /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / && sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force
Reboot & test. You may consider to disable SIP via RecoveryHD first. Good luck. :)

Has anybody tried this yet? If not, I will.

Edit: I see from this page that this is a patched file for Fermi architecture GPUs? What modifications have been made to it and for what purpose?

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2018
Hello,

i know that the installer doesn´t boot on a lot of C2D Machines. Just wanted to add, that it doesn´t work on a MacBook5,2 and a MacBookPro5,3.

But thanks again for the amazing job.

Best regards,
Tom

Hello Tom,
The patcher has been updated and should fonction correctly on machines with Core 2 Duo processors now.

Regards, Julian.

Hack5190

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015
(UTC-05:00) Cuba
Count me in - the 3.1 needs a new challenge!

Screen_Shot_2018-07-09_at_3.39.34_PM.png

Thanks to everyone for your hard work on this, it's looking good!

POLJC

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
I'm up and running on a Mac Pro 5,1 with NVIDIA GTX 1050. Graphics are sluggish--acceleration is partially working from what I can tell.

View attachment 765993
So I bought a used MSI AMD RX570 graphics card. Wow! I was able to do a regular install on my Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1). Everything works beautifully with full acceleration. Mojave actually runs faster than High Sierra on my system. The only downfall is that there is no boot screen. I can live with that. I did have to enable/force trim on my SSD drive after install.

I also found a sweet spot on my 27-inch screen Cinema Display at 1920x1080 HiDPI. The 2560x1440 native resolution was a little too small for my eyes. At 1920x1080 HiDPI, everything looks sharp and crip (especially text).

When Mojave comes out, I will seriously consider upgrading my CPUs. I can’t wait.

Larsvonhier

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2016
Germany, Black Forest
Has anybody tried this yet? If not, I will.

Edit: I see from this page that this is a patched file for Fermi architecture GPUs? What modifications have been made to it and for what purpose?
I´m onto something different but if that does not lead (closer) to success, the CoreDisplay replacement will be next and can even be combined with my current experiments. More in a few clicks...

Reactions: Badruzeus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.