Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ces1596

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2016
Nacogdoches, TX
Hello,

I recently installed MacOS Sierra on a MacBook Pro that I have restored for my fiance (previously a friend's, was extremely water-damaged and corroded , running good as new now) and everything is running great.

However, anytime I open Google Chrome or Firefox from my dock, instead of opening in-place as usual, a clone of the app opens on the right side of my dock with the white "open" indicator beneath it. I have never seen this before, and I am unsure of how to fix it.

So far I have tried:
  1. Restarting the dock process
  2. Restarting my computer
  3. Removing the apps from the dock and then replacing them
  4. Removing the primary app from the dock, and leaving the "clone" in its place
    • With this method, the clone continued to work fine until it was closed, then when I tried to re-open it, a "?" appeared over the icon and it failed to open
I have been unable to find any other reports of this online. Any help/advice on how to return the actions in the dock to normal would be greatly appreciated! While this is not detrimental to the device, it is rather annoying.
[doublepost=1474841746][/doublepost]Here is a picture of what I am describing since it is hard for me to explain. Notice that Google Chrome is open on the right side of the dock, but not the left. That is what happens when I click the icon on the left side

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 5.12.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 5.12.02 PM.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 112
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.