Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you think of the guild name "Rumors of War"?

• Love it! I'll sign on the dotted line...

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Ehhh....it's ok...maybe consider another...

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Back to the drawing board...

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iHarrison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Madison, Wis.
I hate to seem stubborn but we may just go with Rumors of War because it deals with our forum and the game. It may take too long to come to a consensus on a name...

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
good suggestions of guild names, but just go with whatever you want..

lol macattack! haha anyway, let us know when it's created, I'm gonna log in and add everyone in the OP to my friends list

iHarrison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Madison, Wis.
Rumors of War! We're Official!

Guild is up and running. I'll be on late tonight so log in and I'll send you an invite tonight. :)

scottsdomain

macrumors member
May 30, 2008
Just the "Wrath of the lich king"!

It takes forever to install and download patches. Anyway, will login and see if anyone is online when done.

I am usually a late night player...

aluminumapple

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2009
nice team work everyone and congratulations, while id love to join this ,i started playing the demo trial version for about 2 days stright hit lvl 7 but found the game a little boring and too much grinding as i saw no one eles... but i hope you guys with your teamwork have fun and truly see WoW for how it should be played.

i think il just wait til diablo 3 comes out :p

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
nice team work everyone and congratulations, while id love to join this ,i started playing the demo trial version for about 2 days stright hit lvl 7 but found the game a little boring and too much grinding as i saw no one eles... but i hope you guys with your teamwork have fun and truly see WoW for how it should be played.

i think il just wait til diablo 3 comes out :p

yeah can't wait til D3 either.. I'm enjoying wow so far, some annoyances, a lot of "get x amount of these and bring back to me quests right now.. but MR community rocks.. Still not sure if I will be paying the monthly fee to play but I have til mid march on this account. I have this and Guild Wars to figure out which to spend my time on =/

Wallydog

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2009
Central Illinois
Pic

Just wondering who this is? I got your in game mail and am really excited your playing with us...just curious as to what your Macrumors name is...

If you are the creator of PICAROON please either send me a private message or post up on thread...

Thanks! :)

Hey It's me wasn't a member before just browsing. lol

Fnord

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2005
Would you give everyone in the guild the power to invite others to the guild?

I finally logged on when someone in the guild was on, and they (Noriandina) didn't have the power to invite me.

iHarrison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Madison, Wis.
Would you give everyone in the guild the power to invite others to the guild?

I finally logged on when someone in the guild was on, and they (Noriandina) didn't have the power to invite me.

I will likely do this very soon as my account play time is running out...

I am planning to re activate for another month of service...but am not sure if I want to spend the money this month or not...

Hoping something works out so I can keep playing with all of you :(

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL

I am planning to re activate for another month of service...but am not sure if I want to spend the money this month or not...

Yeah it happens, I doubt I'll continually pay for service, off and on I bet, but I'm enjoying it more and more when I get into it. But yeah another member asked me to add them to the guild but I was unable to and I was the only one on last night. So that'd be great.

MacDuck

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
Just thought I'd let the guild know that I finally have somewhat of a handle on my Death Knight. Definitely a learning curve there, much more than the warlock I am used to.

Anyway, I have seen some of you online. I am a late-night player (after 8 PM MST), so I am looking forward to seeing some of you tonight.

Also, the creation of a guild bank would be great as well.

:D

Fnord

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2005

If you're going to let your account lapse for a while you should also give some guild members powers over the guild bank, as well as the power to promote and demote.

Any ETA on when normal guild members will be able to invite?

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
If you're going to let your account lapse for a while you should also give some guild members powers over the guild bank, as well as the power to promote and demote.

Any ETA on when normal guild members will be able to invite?

true, so far the guild is there but not much going on with it. not cool when I've been unable to invite other members when they've whispered me

I've stopped playing for a few days, kind of getting bored with it lol. Picked Guild Wars back up, feels better for me in a casual sense. I hate running and running to kill x amount of guys for such a low drop rate. blah!

rust.puppet

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
Ashtabula, OH
still debating on if i should get another 3 months or whatever but everytime i debate i remember that horribly slow leveling, XP is so low that getting to level 30 would take me like 2 months of 5+ hours a day. I always get distracted with something more important like work, or the next console game.... or just spend a week grinding my profession instead of leveling.

once i finally get my macbook anyday now ill be able to get on possibly and play for fun with some guildmembers, i hope this guild doesnt fail because the starter of the guild decides to quit.... that would be horrible.

iHarrison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Madison, Wis.
Worst guildmaster EVER

My apologies to everyone that has been participating in this guild and forum group. I have been gone out of the country actually...to Chile South America on a mission trip with my senior class! I never told anyone and forgot that you couldn't invite members to the guild...it's so late now that I'm sure you all are either pissed off at me or you just aren't in the mood. I totally understand if you are bit I wanted to let you k ow that I'll re activate my account if the interest is still there for most of you...

iHarrison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Madison, Wis.
still debating on if i should get another 3 months or whatever but everytime i debate i remember that horribly slow leveling, XP is so low that getting to level 30 would take me like 2 months of 5+ hours a day. I always get distracted with something more important like work, or the next console game.... or just spend a week grinding my profession instead of leveling.

once i finally get my macbook anyday now ill be able to get on possibly and play for fun with some guildmembers, i hope this guild doesnt fail because the starter of the guild decides to quit.... that would be horrible.

I'd love it if you joined us :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.