Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
What's with this sticker thing? 3 Ferdinands in my first pack :mad:.
I could do with one of those, swap you for a Lampard?

Finally set my team - Hopefully the lads will play extra hard for a lady coach!
Good work – I've an evening planned with the squad lists and a large sheet of paper to finalise my selection. ;)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
This was baffling me earlier. I'm certain that when I was reading through the rules there was mention of assigning a captain, but checking earlier today (ie, when I had my squad picked and had worked out who to hand the armband to) there's no way to assign the role, nor is there any mention of it in the rules.

So apologies, it looks like I got wrong-headed on that one. :eek:

Meanwhile, the final Sporting Car Flags squad has been confirmed, the players have had their numbers assigned and are actively avoiding the local cuisine.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The dancers are taking their positions ready for our opening ceremony...

krak_dance_pic.jpg

...which can only mean we're a short time away from the start of the competition. Good luck everyone! :)

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
BBC

#
1607:
LINE-UPS Poland v Greece (17:00 BST)

Poland: Szczesny, Piszczek, Wasilewski, Perquis, Boenisch, Murawski, Polanski, Blaszczykowski, Obraniak, Rybus, Lewandowski.

Subs: Sandomierski, Wojtkowiak, Kaminski, Dudka, Matuszczyk, Wawrzyniak, Sobiech, Mierzejewski, Wolski, Grosicki, Brozek, Tyton.

Greece: Chalkias, Torosidis, Papastathopoulos, Avraam Papadopoulos, Holebas, Maniatis, Katsouranis, Karagounis, Ninis, Gekas, Samaras.

Subs: Tzorvas, Tzavelas, Malezas, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Makos, Liberopoulos, Mitroglou, Salpingidis, Fotakis, Fortounis, Fetfatzidis, Sifakis.

Referee: Carlos Velasco Carballo (Spain)

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
Sporting Car Flags........................Mr Jaffa
Ukrainian All Blacks......................0scillateWildly
fc pachyderm..............................cardiffcityreed
Cruyff International......................stridemat24
Royal Roy's Boys.........................cambookpro
Oranje - Limburg.........................pivo678
Dynamo Takao............................TakaoObi
Pinstripe City..............................moyank24
New York Hitchikers.....................DoPa42
Woodingtonhampshire FC..............chico1305
Fizzistan.....................................Fizz0id

good luck everyone!

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Wirelessly posted

Same thought after every opener; all my planning! :( :)

Edit - dag nab it, Dzagoev should've scored 3! :) Protest in about Giannis Maniatis showing as 0 minutes. :(

Edit 2 - 'The Return of the Minutes' :)

Cheers,
OW

Last edited:

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
LINE-UPS Netherlands v Denmark (17:00 BST)

Netherlands: Stekelenburg, Van Der Wiel, Heitinga, Vlaar, Willems, Van Bommel, Nigel De Jong, Robben, Sneijder, Afellay, van Persie.

Subs: Vorm, Mathijsen, Bouma, Kuyt, Huntelaar, Schaars, Strootman, Luuk De Jong, Narsingh, Boulahrouz, Van der Vaart, Krul.

Denmark: Andersen, Jacobsen, Kjaer, Agger, Simon Poulsen, Kvist Jorgensen, Zimling, Rommedahl, Eriksen, Krohn-Delhi, Bendtner.

Subs: Lindegaard, Christian Poulsen, Bjelland, Okore, Schone, Silberbauer, Pedersen, Wass, Jakob Poulsen, Kahlenberg, Mikkelsen, Schmeichel.

Referee: Damir Skomina (Slovenia)

Afellay or Sneijder? Sneijder or Afellay? :confused: :)

Good luck.

Cheers,
OW

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Glad that I built my first round defence around Teutonic efficiency, Herr Neuer and Herr Lahm did me proud with a clean sheet.

We'll see what today's matches do to our fortunes, I can imagine the Spanish players being rather popular...

i'm set up to gain more points tomorrow and monday... lol.
I see that you're currently in the 'pachyderm position' at the foot of the table. ;)

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
Glad that I built my first round defence around Teutonic efficiency, Herr Neuer and Herr Lahm did me proud with a clean sheet.

We'll see what today's matches do to our fortunes, I can imagine the Spanish players being rather popular...

I see that you're currently in the 'pachyderm position' at the foot of the table. ;)

silly me thought that the netherlands showed up serious and portugal at least manages to score as well :roll eyes:
that did cost me massive points

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
No striker for Spain - parking the bus :):

LINE-UPS Spain v Italy (17:00 BST)

Spain: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pique, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso, Silva, Fabregas, Iniesta.

Subs: Valdes, Albiol, Javi Martinez, Juanfran, Pedro, Torres, Negredo, Mata, Llorente, Santi Cazorla, Jesus Navas, Reina.

Italy: Buffon, Chiellini, De Rossi, Bonucci, Giaccherni, Marchisio, Pirlo, Thiago Motta, Maggio, Cassano, Balotelli.

Subs: Sirigu, Ogbonna Obienza, Balzaretti, Abate, Di Natale, Barzagli, Borini, Montolivo, Giovinco, Diamanti, Nocerino, De Sanctis.

Referee: Viktor Kassai (Hungary)

What's up with the table? Now you've got points, no you haven't, yes you have. :confused:

Cheers,
OW

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I just want to take this opportunity to gloat, as it will never happen again :p

Attachments

• fizzistan1.jpg
    fizzistan1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 57

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
at one pint i had 33 points then it went down to 29 and now 28... wtf? and this is after all the matches are done for the day. =(

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
at one pint i had 33 points then it went down to 29 and now 28... wtf? and this is after all the matches are done for the day. =(
Which player(s) were affected, do you know?

I suspect the 'live' score was amended for some reason, such as perhaps a player being given an assist but in review another player got the vital touch, or a player having points deducted for a goal that is later shown to be an own goal. I know from playing a couple of other ESPN fantasy games here that they frequently update the scores after games have finished, so I would guess this is the explanation.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Which player(s) were affected, do you know?

I suspect the 'live' score was amended for some reason, such as perhaps a player being given an assist but in review another player got the vital touch, or a player having points deducted for a goal that is later shown to be an own goal. I know from playing a couple of other ESPN fantasy games here that they frequently update the scores after games have finished, so I would guess this is the explanation.

yep. that is exactly what happens. =(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.