Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
You know what a 503 is right? Nothing to do with your computer....

On the other hand, the reboot fixes it... But only because it takes a while. Getting a cup of coffee would also fix it, for the same reason. 503 means some server is overloaded, so usually you just wait a bit and it works again.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
lF6nq6N.gif

dannymcg

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
London, UK
So I had this error earlier and have now run into an even bigger problem.

Essentially it is now showing me all my music as in iCloud/iTunes Match/Apple Music and not on the hard drive. The files are still there but not linked.

Anyone else had this? If I re-import the original files will it duplicate them?

Helps would be much appreciated.

Ta

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
I'm actually having issues with it on the iPhone.
I'm trying to make a song available offline and it attempts to download and then fails with a "unable to download error"

Even Longer

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Heidelberg
The proverb says: in order to avoid mistakes, learn from the other's experiences, not your own.

Apple has learned just so-o-o much from Microsoft, including the mistakes...

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Man, anyone would think this wasn't still a new service. I mean it's not like Spotify ever has any downtime at all.

Oh, wait...

Yes, Apple have all the money in the world. But doing this stuff is tricky. Let's try to keep some of our toys in the pram.

Reactions: ILikeAllOS

Jim L

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2011
The Piedmont, NC
No ill will towards any other members here, but I'm glad this is happening to others now too.

Apple Music has been a frigging disaster for me from the get go. This syncing between my devices is very haphazard and I seem to not be getting sound quality as good as I was before.

Maybe this will force Apple to act swiftly. and by the way I still think iTunes is an absolute mess. I've been looking for a replacement for cataloguing, managing and playing my music but there isn't really a viable alternative out there for Mac & iOS.

Eweie

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2013
I have no problems with the music channels but Beats 1 does not work at all on my Macs, since it came out. only works on my iOS devices. it's a shame since I do enjoy it.

Romanesco

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2015
New York City
If you delete the iTunes folder from your Music folder and setup iTunes again, it will work. This is the only solution that worked for me.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Apple's System Status page has always been about as useful as an ejector seat in a helicopter.

Yup, they really need to fix that, it's embarrassing them. They should have the best, most intelligent and up-to-date status pages online. I've seen such a thing, so I know it's possible. Come on Apple, enough with the pretending to have a "Status" page...

niun

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
Well. That's an entire day with only Beats 1 available on my mac. I know Apple Music is free at the moment but it's taking the pizz to be unable to access anything other than Zane Low. Is this a strange promotion tactic?
I've not tried to stream any U2 yet so ....

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
I don't use Apple Music, and I haven't even tried to play any of my own tracks lately. Regardless, I'm still being spammed with this error.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I contacted Apple about it. She did a screen share with me, had me go into firewall, made me turn "on" firewall which I did not realize was off (Shame on me! :p). Told me that firewall had to be on in order for Apple Music to work properly. It immediately fixed the issue for me, at least so far. Crazy...
She literally just made that up cuz that's a load of bollocks.

Reactions: midwich

AlecZ

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
Berkeley, CA
I contacted Apple about it. She did a screen share with me, had me go into firewall, made me turn "on" firewall which I did not realize was off (Shame on me! :p). Told me that firewall had to be on in order for Apple Music to work properly. It immediately fixed the issue for me, at least so far. Crazy...
Something is horribly wrong if turning on the firewall has any effect on that.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Well, the cloud is a tough beast to work with..

Time to a cuppa, or several...

In the meantime, I got a stockload of local music to catch up on.. :)

PatrickNSF

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I'm actually having issues with it on the iPhone.
I'm trying to make a song available offline and it attempts to download and then fails with a "unable to download error"
I'm having a similar issue. I'm able to stream and download with the iPhone while on LTE, but I'm unable to do the same on wifi. Same with iTunes. Wifi streaming and downloads were working fine earlier, and my internet connection is otherwise working for web browsing, etc.

ringofan

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2015
Can't trust Apple when it comes to web and cloud services. Since end of last year I get "Can't load iCloud Drive" error when trying to access files via the www.icloud.com interface. Seems there is no solution to this error, been in contact with Apple support several times, never received promised calls from senior technical support staff. Moved on to OneDrive, works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.