Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Blah blah.

I hated his music for the most part, and I really couldn't care less about his life and troubles, but to suggest he'll be remember a millennia from now is errant rubbish.

As I said, he was a singer, he didn't cure diseases, he didn't save the world (although he cynically hi-jacked that cause) he sang songs, some people liked them.

Perspective is a bitch isn't it?

blah blah, I m looking forward to see what you say when somebody important to your memory dies.

if you don't like MJ, just go away, whats the point rubbing in other people's face?

perspective, what perspective do people need to morn their loss?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It should not be too much of a surprise considering how many prescriptions and other drugs he was addicted to.

Am I sad for his loss? nope.. he was a disgusting pervert and we all know it. At least we know our children are once again safe.

To mostly echo everyone else; all charges were dropped, but even if he was guilty you think he's the only pedophile out there?

I grew up listening to his music and I've got Thriller on vinyl playing now.

Same here. I used to run around the house singing "I'm Bad" when I was a kid, used to love his music. Soundtrack to my childhood (parents were Jackson 5/MJ fans).

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
blah blah, I m looking forward to see you say when somebody important to your memory dies.

if you don't like MJ, just go away, whats the point rubbing in other people's face?

perspective, what perspective do people need to morn their loss?

On a discussion board, I don't know, you tell me...:rolleyes:

Edit:

Actually, while I think about it, I've just spent 2 hour of my life cleaning this damn board of offensive comments about Jackson in deference to his memory, as I said at the top, it's a shame he's dead, he was clearly good, but you'll not convince me of anything further, or of any celebrity death being important to anyone but their families...

Please, carry on eulogising.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
You guess? :confused:

Were you hoping perhaps for this possibility? (no disrespect to MJ intended)

michael-jackson-thriller-remake-acapella-5.jpg

Well at least one person will get to hear him in the afterlife..

GhostWhispererS03HDTV.jpg

R.I.P Michael.

Soundtrack to my childhood (parents were Jackson 5/MJ fans).

Likewise. :)

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006

you are the mod, you tell me.

and congratulations for your cool mind to find hole of the rules to make sure other people feel worse. well done.

Its people's memory you are trashing.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Can't believe the crap Al Sharpton is spewing outside the Apollo theater. Did MSNBC really need to cover it live?

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
Blah blah.

I hated his music for the most part, and I really couldn't care less about his life and troubles, but to suggest he'll be remember a millennia from now is errant rubbish.

As I said, he was a singer, he didn't cure diseases, he didn't save the world (although he cynically hi-jacked that cause) he sang songs, some people liked them.

Just a quick correction, he was a singer, writer, producer, performer, dancer, multi-award winning artist.

Perspective right back at cha.

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004

Winter.. weren't you a bassist for a band in the 80s? Even if you didn't like his songs.. at least we musicians can acknowledge the sheer skills that his works involved. Talk about using 200 synths for one bassline!

Maybe you didn't like his songwriting, or his vocals, or his performances, or his productions - but at least, as a musician, give credit to his chops. (Yes, Quincy Jones was involved with most of his work but MJ was a perfectionist)

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The Jackson 5: The Victory Tour in 1984 was the first concert that I ever went to. We had 4th row center at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto. I still remember parts of the show all these years later.

I live around a 15 minute walk away from the UCLA Hospital where he died. I can hear and see all of the helicopters that are taking video of the hospital outside. I counted 4 of them at one time. Maybe I'll take a walk up there later tonight to see what's up.

RIPMJ

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
Blah blah.

Again you're totally off. I guarantee you more people know The Iliad and the Odyssey from Homer than who cured smallpox or who made the first heart transplant. People still listen to Mozart and Beethoven more than when their pieces originally made. I've shown you artists whose work has lived hundreds of years and even a thousand years. There are many more. Where's your proof to backup your claim?

You just don't get it. People live and die all the time in this world. You are right about that. The only thing that survives through time is art. It is the only thing in this world that is viewed as priceless. People travel all over the world to art exhibits, architectural masterpieces like the pyramids or the Roman Coliseum, or to see Michael Jackson. They do not travel to see the doctor who invented cloning.

You don't have to be a doctor or a great humanitarian to change the world. Jackie Robinson changed America with the Dodgers. If you look at the world the way you're currently doing, you miss everything including the truth. It shows a total lack of insight and the mindset of a non-intellectual.

It's you're right to not like him. I'm not an Elton John fan but I still respect his music. But if you don't care about his music or "life troubles" then why post?

Edit: *Pat on the back* for moderating this thread.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Just a quick correction, he was a singer, writer, producer, performer, dancer, multi-award winning artist.

Perspective right back at cha.

So what? He could have been the greatest living artist in any discipline, he may well have been the best pop artist although that is clearly debatable, he meant little to me and billions of others.

You liked him, fine.

I didn't, but for my sins I get to clear up the threads here, so here I am talking to you Jackson fans.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.