Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
I've now managed t download all the required updates and mobileme is now working for me. Push services are still lagging, although they are working. For example a calender change in my mac took about an hour to push onto my new sparkling iPhone.

bmk

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
Paris
I am in a similar situation, but it just tells me that the username or password is wrong. I know it isn't because I can 'login' via the preference pane and access some features.

I don't know why it won't let me log in! It seems like everyone else can.

You are not alone, I can assure you! I can't log in via system prefs, but can using the same info in the web page. No push email, no push calendar. I'd rather Apple kept the whole thing offline until it was sorted out properly. I cannot believe they have allowed it to degenerate into this complete mess with some people getting updates, some not, sometimes it works, then it doesn't, some bits work but others don't...

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Updated my Macbook and my Power Mac G4, but interaction with MobileMe is still flaky:

- Signing in got me an "Unknown validation error" on the G4 once, but after that I was able to sign in. Sometimes the account details come up and sometimes I get a "server error." The first time I tried to set up sync options, System Preferences crashed. I have not been able to get iDisk information from the pref panel yet.

- On my Macbook I simply cannot sign in. I get "Unknown validation error" every time.

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
even if you aren't a .Mac member, going to the .Mac system preference pane, and just click around on the entry fields for username and password, and just let the pane sit open for a minute, and then I got the notice to pop up to go to software update, and lo and behold, MM update 1.1 appeared!

Well it should; it's just converting .Mac to MobileMe. You just won't be able to sign in until you open a MobileMe account.

legacyb4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Great, I thought I would be clever and sign out since I wasn't getting the prompt. Signed back in with the-still mac.com sysprefpane and now am told that I have an 'unknown validation error'.

Guess it'll take the weekend; at least I got my iPod Touch upgrade last night!

Me.com is working great today, a bit slow, though. Hopefully it'll speed up in the next few days.

Going to the .Mac preferences panel and getting that dialog to make Software Update show the update worked for me. Finally!

andreasLA

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2006
trouble...

I upgraded, clicked around, things were very slow, account status could not be retrieved, settings on iDisk Public folder could not be checked or changed.

Then I hit "sign out" and now I can't sign in anymore...

I'll give it a few hours for now and will then try again.

bmk

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
Paris
Great, I thought I would be clever and sign out since I wasn't getting the prompt. Signed back in with the-still mac.com sysprefpane and now am told that I have an 'unknown validation error'.

Ha! Did exactly the same thing, using exactly the same logic - and got exactly the same result.

JC4

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2006
Columbus, OH
IMHO; it's a major upgrade from .mac with a silly name.

We all have them :)
It performs worse than .mac, and .mac didn't exactly set a high-bar. Missing iCards. Missing bookmarks. Missing the web page building application. But, its got push(which I have no real use for). Downgrade from my perspective.

chuckiej

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2003
Contacts pushed down to new iPhone finally late yesterday but still no calendar or bookmarks.

Pushing new contact pictures up to cloud works but they haven't been pushed down to Mac Address Book yet (an hour after I did it). Shouldn't Mail, iCal and Address Book all have received simultaneous updates? (I was only asked to close Mail during the update)

Poll Smoker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Someone at Apple better sh*t out an explanation why the iDisk "share" button (for creating direct links to shared items) is nowhere to be found.

They've even removed some references to it on the various info pages about iDisk on the site.

idisk_hero20080618.jpg

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

I downloaded and installed about an hour ago. Everything seemed to install painlessly and everything appears to be working.

PulStarMac

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Springfield, Tennessee
No Crossover for Me yet

MobileMe is working great for me. However, I am not getting the updater at all. I've done the software update route and the clicking on .Mac route and never had a popup for the crossover. Everything else seems to be working so it's strange that this isn't available for me yet.

Perhaps it's because I'm still on Tiger. Bleh.... :(

GNice

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
I can't get anything from my work machine, which uses Outlook to get pushed to MobileMe. I've told it to "Sync Now" numerous times, but none of my contacts or calender appear in MobileMe. In fact I get an error message on the calender and a button to go to MobileMe help. The problem is when I press it nothing happens. Arrggghhh...

Has ANYONE gotten things pushed from Outlook (2007) to MobileMe?!?!?

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Try going into System Preferences and clicking on the .Mac icon and click on the tabs in there, this prompts a dialogue box to pop up with the information.

Yes, that does work. It's not in my software update, but clicking on .Mac in prefs does work and eventually brings up the updater.

Also worked for me a few hours ago and I love what I see. Been setting up the services etc... that I want and it works great. I also like the web gallery. I did notice that times were off in Calendar. So I set up the time in preferences for my mobile me account and we'll see how that goes.

Perhaps a rough start but I think IM really going to like this a lot more than dot mac. Heck I already have used more of it than I use to use on .mac!--))))

Apple will get it together with this massive change and it will be a great service for all users.

Push mail also is a really nice feature. ;)o

tedhogan

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2006
Works very well on my end! :D:D:D

I'm glad to see Apple working out the issues. It needs to be Google fast though. It needs to be snappy and responsive like Gmail or the Google Calendar. It's OK now, but it's not in the same league yet. I hope they keep improving.

I'm so glad that they decided to focus on the core services such as email, contacts, and calendaring instead of the goofy e-cards and web-builder. Really, that kids stuff can be found anywhere on the net. Now push is something worth money.

Ted

MizterJayson

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
This thing sucks...

My calendars are an absolute mess - I have calendars on my iPhone that aren't on the web app, and none of them are in iCal (I deleted all my iCal calendars hoping to reset it) - every time I try to delete a calendar it says I can't delete the last one (even though there's about 10 on there)... There's no way to remove calendars from iPhone - OH, and... calendars appear in iTunes when I turn off push that aren't on any of them...

Anyone have any advice? I emailed the MobileMe support (because you can't call them of course) - I don't feel like I should have to wait 2 days on this!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.