Mockups Show AirPods in Apple's New Jet Black Color

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Inspired by Apple's new Jet Black color for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, designer Martin Hajek recently created a few mockups of what the company's all-new wireless AirPods could look like if the accessories had a similar dark color option.

In his blog post, Hajek said he "modeled these earphones and rendered them in brand-new iPhone gloss black," making them visually identical to the new, shiny finish of the iPhone 7 in Jet Black.

Hajek even visualized the AirPods charging case in Jet Black. When inside of the case, the AirPods can get up to 24 hours of battery life, according to Apple. On their own, the Bluetooth headphones have up to 5 hours of music playback on a full charge.

Although most hardware announced at Apple's September 7 event is debuting later this week, on September 16, the AirPods still have an unspecified launch in "late October." If you want to check out more of Hajek's renderings of the Jet Black AirPods, visit the designer's website.

Article Link: Mockups Show AirPods in Apple's New Jet Black Color

profets

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
I have a feeling that these AirPods are going to be tough to come by for a while - kind of like the Pencil last year.

I also bet by next year they'll arrive in multiple colours, just like the iPhone dock accessory. Or maybe at launch they'll surprise us with multiple colours?

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
With respect to the person who took time to mock up the black AirPods, they look unattractive in shiny black, they aren't on brand, plastic looks cheap, just like any other junk stock standard earphones out there. Maybe silver or gold or rose gold might work or matt black, but this shiny black just looks cheap.

Solid rose gold:

Last edited:
Reactions: xnu and Dydegu

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
Wow, the new phone is released in a few days and this is on the front page?

What is next, the picture your kid drew at school?

MacRumor Contributor's child Draws House and Sun in Crayon With Guy Holding the New iPhone
You should be so lucky to receive such quality renderings. Lest we forget the cardboard Apple Watch mockups? :D

Makes you wonder why Apple didn't include this color scheme
It doesn't matter how good the idea is, Apple would never take an idea from a forum or some dude on the 'Net because we are beneath them. Would they steal shamelessly though from the App Store and other corporations? You betcha! ;)

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016

Inspired by Apple's new Jet Black color for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, designer Martin Hajek recently created a few mockups of what the company's all-new wireless AirPods could look like if the accessories had a similar dark color option.

In his blog post, Hajek said he "modeled these earphones and rendered them in brand-new iPhone gloss black," making them visually identical to the new, shiny finish of the iPhone 7 in Jet Black.

Hajek even visualized the AirPods charging case in Jet Black. When inside of the case, the AirPods can get up to 24 hours of battery life, according to Apple. On their own, the Bluetooth headphones have up to 5 hours of music playback on a full charge.

Although most hardware announced at Apple's September 7 event is debuting later this week, on September 16, the AirPods still have an unspecified launch in "late October." If you want to check out more of Hajek's renderings of the Jet Black AirPods, visit the designer's website.

Article Link: Mockups Show AirPods in Apple's New Jet Black Color
I use an ipod shuffle and ear buds when I go horse back riding on trail...sometime the ear bud comes out of my ear....but the cord prevents me from losing them....with the wireless...It would be a disaster.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
I have a feeling that these AirPods are going to be tough to come by for a while - kind of like the Pencil last year.
Production of the W1 would be the reason for this.

I also bet by next year they'll arrive in multiple colours, just like the iPhone dock accessory.
This is more probable due to the ramping up process.

Additionally, I believe that Apple wants to be cautious with the Airpods.

Avoiding any backlash is important in the early stages.

Reactions: profets

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
They look rubbish in shiny black, just like any other junk stock standard earphones out there. Maybe silver or gold or rose gold might work or matt black, but this shiny black just looks cheap.
Yikes.
Gold or Rose Gold Airpods.
How guady.

newyorkone

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
Apple needs to hire this guy. Bring in fresh blood. Too much group think at Apple these days, I suspect...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.