Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tymbo

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2009
It sounds like the delays are rapidly increasing. Everyone's getting pushed down the line. Maybe we should invest in some Apple stock since the demand seems to be higher than Apple's internal projections. :p

Sirmausalot

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2007
Somebody above had mentioned that they were told their machine was coming from California...

Well apparently it only comes from California if you have a non-BTO model. If you're BTO, it's coming from China. Rep just confirmed.
This is untrue. Although I was told by a rep my BTO was 'shipping from overseas', it came from Fremont and is labeled 'Assembled in the USA' which is why, when it did move from processing to preparing for shipment it all happened very fast.

Reactions: The Doctor11

codySLR

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2015
Ordered the 15th from Los Angeles.

27"
i7
2TB Fusion
395x
Next-Day Shipping

Delivery date projected to be 21st-23rd.
Woke up this morning to see it had finally shipped– from China.
New delivery date of the 29th.
Called to have my Next-Day Shipping charge refunded (something I highly recommend).

Oh well.

JH4DC5

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2010
Status of my BTO just changed from preparing to ship to shipping to store. As a result, my pick up date got pushed back from the 27th to the 29th

i7, m395x, 512 gb ssd, 8 gb ram.

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 7.24.04 PM.png
Well, just one more day! I can only hope they deliver it before 1:30 tomorrow since I have to go to work. But if not, my neighbor will sign for it. Will be watching the clock till 9pm.

Buerkletucson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Minnesota
Somebody above had mentioned that they were told their machine was coming from California...

Well apparently it only comes from California if you have a non-BTO model. If you're BTO, it's coming from China. Rep just confirmed.

Wrong....

MOST BTOs are coming from California........also says USA on the back of the display.
Mine arrived yesterday and shipped from West coast on Tuesday.

Tymbo

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2009
Oh. My. God

It's coming! The strange thing is I didn't get an email update or even a text message. At least not yet. I just refreshed the page hoping it would go from 'expected delivery: 27th' to 'shipped', and it did!

image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 85

Tymbo

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2009
Also, for the record, my delayed shipment is coming from Fremont, CA.

And are you ready for the kicker?

IT WAS PICKED UP AT 1:00 THIS AFTERNOON. Shipment info was even sent almost 90 minutes before then.

This just proves that Support truly does not have up to date info. They are just reading off the order status page. ^_^

Hope to some... thought I'd share.
image.png

Tymbo

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2009
And..... *just* got the text message as well as email. So for those wondering, the email/text truly will get sent no more than 30 minutes after your order status switches to 'shipped' (I last refreshed the page less than 30 minutes ago).

Tymbo

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2009
Times are PT time zone. With that said, it appears that the 'shipped' status might not change until minutes before it the package 'leaves the facility'.

Definitely by air. It's a 35 hour drive from Cali, hah.

image.png

ohsnaphappy

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Getting some weird charges on my account from Apple ever since "preparing for shipping."

Amount 1 + Amount 2 = my 2 iMacs
Amount 3 seems to equal tax & shipping

But then there are two more amounts charged, one around $250, one around $70, and one for $0.

All of these charges are processing, so I assume the weird ones will vanish.

ycoidi2000

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2008
My status just changed to shipping to the store. The date has slipped from October 29th to October 30th. It surprises me that it'll take 8 days to get there, but it's only 8 days.

psionicsin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Metro-Detroit, MI
Hmm... Do any iMacs actually say assembled in China? Weird how they would say that if they didn't have some type of assembly factory over there. But whatever... I'm sure this forums combined knowledge trumps any rep any day lol.

Textureboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
Hmm... Do any iMacs actually say assembled in China? Weird how they would say that if they didn't have some type of assembly factory over there. But whatever... I'm sure this forums combined knowledge trumps any rep any day lol.

I think I saw someone post their made in China

OPENSTEP

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
The good news is that I finally changed from Processing Items to Shipping to Store. The bad news is that they bumped me one day from 10/28 to 10/29.

Seems odd that it takes a week to go from wherever to the store?

cespejo

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2015
The good news is that I finally changed from Processing Items to Shipping to Store. The bad news is that they bumped me one day from 10/28 to 10/29.

Seems odd that it takes a week to go from wherever to the store?

My ship to store date got bumped up to the 29th(from the 30th). From what I understand, store pickups are usually sent standard shipping.

ohsnaphappy

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Ordered two BTO's on the 17th, both just shipped. No tracking info available yet. Did not get magic trackpads, only got 8gb of ram.

Xahhax

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2015
It shipped...ordered 14th...delivery estimated 27th....Looooong wait especially my 2011 27 just died a week ago. No kidding.

sandylp

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Wrong....

MOST BTOs are coming from California........also says USA on the back of the display.
Mine arrived yesterday and shipped from West coast on Tuesday.

I received my BTO today from Fremont, Ca, which is 43 miles from where I live. Delivery missed the expected delivery date by one day. Setting it up was super easy with Migration Assistant. Good luck to all who ordered a new iMac. This is my first iMac, coming from a couple Mac Pros years ago and then a couple 15" Macbook Pros.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445582936.376371.jpg

I originally ordered the day the new iMac was announced, but ended up canceling and reordering (and spending more money) on 10/19. My new order just went to preparing for shipment with a delivery window of 10/23 - 10/27 (with next day shipping). It's obviously not going to make it today on the 23rd, but it looks like 10/26 is probable.

I assume they don't deliver on Saturday even with next day shipping, right?

Reactions: psionicsin

psionicsin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Metro-Detroit, MI
View attachment 595002

I assume they don't deliver on Saturday even with next day shipping, right?

FedEx says they treat Saturday residential deliveries as a standard delivery day. I know because I Googled "Does FedEx deliver on Saturdays?" It's the first thing that popped up.

Now I'd have to assume that with the purchase of Next Day delivery that this falls within the guidelines of a Saturday delivery.

P.S. - Your story is very similar to mine. Except the rep cancelled mine by mistake so I had to do a re-order on the 20th. Same delivery Window as you though so here's hoping for Saturday!!!

Reactions: Travisimo

TimBroddin

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2015
Yes, finally after more than 5 days 'Processing items' it has changed to 'Preparing for shipment'. Delivery date says 23-26 Oct, but I doubt I'll see it this week.

• 4.0GHz QC i7, TB up to 4.2GHz
  • 16GB 1867MHz DDR3L (2x8GB)
  • 512GB Flash Storage
  • AMD Radeon R9 M395X w/4GB
  • Magic Mouse+Magic Trackpad-Z
  • Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-FN
  • COUNTRY KIT-ZH

Only 24 hours after "preparing for shipment" it's out for delivery. I paid some extra bucks for Express Shipment but didn't know it would go this fast. I live in Belgium and the order was dispatched from Cork, Ireland.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.