Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PunkRawkPurl

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2014
Oakland, CA
Ordered on the 18th. Just now shifted from "Processing Items" to "Prepping for Shipping". Pick up on the 27th.
I was told its being built right here in CA (like 20 minutes away from me hahaha). If this is true, there may be a shred of hope that it is ready for p/up on the 26th. #fingerscrossed :D

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display

• 3.2GHz QC i5, TB up to 3.6GHz
  • 8GB 1867MHz DDR3L (2x4GB)
  • 2TB Fusion Drive
  • AMD Radeon R9 M380 w/2GB

• Magic Trackpad
  • Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
  • COUNTRY KIT

jordanz

macrumors member
May 13, 2012
So on average I'm guessing it takes a few days to go from Processing Items to Preparing For Shipment?

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
So on average I'm guessing it takes a few days to go from Processing Items to Preparing For Shipment?
Seems like it's different for everyone. I took a four hour nap, went to sleep processing and woke up with shipping. So to me it felt like I skipped the whole preparing stage which is pretty cool. Doesn't change the fact that I won't get it until Wednesday, 15 days after I placed my order :(.

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
Wow! I should be getting airline miles for all the places my iMac is going to!

image.png

psionicsin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Metro-Detroit, MI
Wow! I should be getting airline miles for all the places my iMac is going to!

Oh it ships UPS? That's a relief. I live in Michigan and have never really had anything delivered via FedEx. I tried signing up for FedEx's version of My Choice, but the damn thing wasn't working. If it's UPS though, I have My Choice and can just pick it up from the distro center :D

PunkRawkPurl

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2014
Oakland, CA
Mine shipped yesterday. I was told its coming from Fremont CA... which is a 20 minutes drive from me. Tho it won't be ready for pick up at the apple store until Tuesday. HA!

46boomerang

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2015
Update:
Was supposed to ship 10/20 at the latest and arrive between 10/22 and 10/24 via standard "free" shipping.

Amazingly, they got it shipped out last night at 11:30pm from Freemont, CA and must have upgraded my shipping because its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (10/22).

Very sorry to those that are experiencing delays but I'm convinced that Apple is really working overtime to get these things out. Anybody else have Apple upgrade their shipping for free?

Final Update: Apple did not update my shipping as I thought. Federal Express Ground service miscalculated my delivery date making it look like it was coming via 2nd day air. But it came ground. It just arrived this morning.

I have the i7, the 395, 32GB RAM and the 500GB SSD. Very happy.

atlcycle

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2015
Should I be concerned? My iMac shipped on Wednesday, 10/21 and its FedEx tracker hasn't shown any updates since Wednesday night when it arrived at a FedEx location in Sacramento. The entirety of the tracking info is:

Date/Time
Activity Location

10/21/2015 - Wednesday
11:43 pm Arrived at FedEx location SACRAMENTO, CA
12:20 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx
12:00 am Picked up

I ordered at 27-inch 5k iMac the evening of Tuesday, 10/13. Originally the expected delivery date was between 10/22 - 10/26. However my order was processing for over a week and didn't ship until Wednesday 10/21 with a new delivery date of Tuesday, 10/27. Now it looks like the package has been idle for days, no updates whatsoever. Since it's being sent FedEx ground I'm not sure how it will get from Sacramento to the east coast in one business day. Years ago I had a UPS package lost/stolen in transit and the tracker displayed a similar pattern of no updates for days. Any thoughts.

TonySemaanPhoto

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
Weird, just got an email saying they where refunding my overnight shipping because they couldn't guarantee overnight shipping. Its says delivers the 28th on Apples website but UPS tracking says its scheduled for Monday delivery. Looks like Im getting free one day shipping.

Buerkletucson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Minnesota
Should I be concerned? My iMac shipped on Wednesday, 10/21 and its FedEx tracker hasn't shown any updates since Wednesday night when it arrived at a FedEx location in Sacramento. The entirety of the tracking info is:

Date/Time
Activity Location

10/21/2015 - Wednesday
11:43 pm Arrived at FedEx location SACRAMENTO, CA
12:20 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx
12:00 am Picked up

I ordered at 27-inch 5k iMac the evening of Tuesday, 10/13. Originally the expected delivery date was between 10/22 - 10/26. However my order was processing for over a week and didn't ship until Wednesday 10/21 with a new delivery date of Tuesday, 10/27. Now it looks like the package has been idle for days, no updates whatsoever. Since it's being sent FedEx ground I'm not sure how it will get from Sacramento to the east coast in one business day. Years ago I had a UPS package lost/stolen in transit and the tracker displayed a similar pattern of no updates for days. Any thoughts.

I would wait a bit before panicking.......Fedex ground shipment is notorious for slow updating.
But, that's exactly what happened to my iMac return to Apple......sat at a Fedex facility for days and when I called they admitted it was lost (i.e. stolen).

Reactions: psionicsin

Cpt54

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2015
PA
Ordered mine on the 13th, received it this morning damaged, the box had been dropped and the base was bent and creased. Called, new one is ordered and damaged one on its way back.
Estimated delivery of new one Nov 5

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
spacer.gif

With the following configuration:
spacer.gif

• 4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
• 32GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM - four 8GB
• 1TB Flash Storage
• AMD Radeon R9 M395X with 4GB video memory
• Magic Trackpad 2
• FINAL CUT PRO 065-C171 NONE
• LOGIC PRO 065-C172 NONE
• Magic Keyboard (English) & User’s Guide
• Accessory Kit

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Mine is sitting at a FedEx facility less than 100 miles away and will be delivered tomorrow! BTO assembled in CA.

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
WTF???

My iMac is going in circles!!! By the way, I'm in So. CA.

View attachment 595692
When I bought my 2012 Mac mini, my memory came from Crucial via a similar "scenic" route. I live about 15 minutes from the Ontario (California) UPS shipping center. The package went from Idaho (home of Micron/Crucial) to Ontario to Lexington KY and back to Ontario. :rolleyes:

My best guess is that it was placed in a large shipping container bound for KY, where it would be opened and different packages distributed from there. Most likely the first Ontario stop was coincidental and the container couldn't be opened there. While it's horribly inefficient for that one package, I'm sure it was much more efficient overall (probably most packages bound for the east coast or something).

psionicsin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Metro-Detroit, MI
I was worried about mine not getting here in time for the original delivery window of 32-37. So I called and she said they just don't update things over the weekend and that it's coming from one of their Cali plants so it can still be there overnight.

And then she went on to talk about how 3 weeks before the keynote she went a bought 3 Apple TVs for her house. SUDDENLY...they updated there Apple TV. So now she's feeling a little raw about hat one.

Her name is Vanessa, and she's a peach if anyone ever talks to her.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.