Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cedrec

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
No luck either for Puerto Rico! And we are US territory, it should be easier for them to allow us to purchase songs from their store.

Maybe before the next century!
:confused:

clabbe deinum

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2004
vonFinkelstien said:
Yes, I have the same message (and get kicked back into the message pages after trying a flag).

I will be demonstrating the iTMS to my students at the "Rock High School" (a private high school for young musicians) on Wednesday. They won't quit their file sharing ways, but maybe they'll think iTunes is a cool program and will stop using Media Player.

jag fick oxå meddelandet.. vad härligt med lite laglig musi att blanda upp samlingen med.

broken_keyboard

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Secret Moon base
Wow...if Apple has really secured distribution rights in all those countries then their lawyers deserve a pay raise :)

It will be interesting to see how the prices compare.

network23

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2002
Illinois
Is there any way for someone from one country to buy tracks from another country??? I'm in the U.S. and would love to sample some music from other places, not Americanized versions of same. I was originally so stoked at the thought of the international iTunes Music Store, but it means nothing to me (other than the continuing success of the iPod abroad) when there's all this international music that I am locked off from.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
should be standard prices like in europe and UK 99cents and 79p i suspect there might be a price rise for Aus and Canada and there respectively $ like $1.29 or somthing like that .

Hell Good News GO....APPLE

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
i'm really looking forward to finland having the music store, but i fear we will have higher price. let's hope it's 99 cents here also :)

kawa_on_mac

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2004
Warsaw
Poland iTunes

I also can't open the store.
I'm in Warsaw Poland with crossed fingers to have iTunes Poland tomorrow :)

That would be great day for me and other digital music lovers in Poland!!

HyperX

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2004
Nieuwegein, Netherlands
Could be a HUGE apple day tommorow.. Imagine, New Itunes Stores.. New Ipods (Flash Based and 60 gig?) as well as new Emacs? It COULD happen.. Then nothing new till Jan ;P When we get dual core G4 Powerbooks!!!!

Ohhhh I need to go change my underpants... and get a new chair.. ewwwww....

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
JFreak said:
i'm really looking forward to finland having the music store, but i fear we will have higher price. let's hope it's 99 cents here also :)

I don't see a reason for apple to have a different price in finland... do you?

afinucane

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2004
Dublin
I'm getting the same "loop" here in Ireland. It is possible to get into the store by clicking on Browse on the top right, selecting a Genre/Artist etc.

Here's hoping Ireland will be included tomorrow

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
another good Tuesday release then lol i think thats most of europe that can access iTunes store or am i missing some there ? watch as its released ,someone will point out this must mean Powerbook G5/G4 Dual core for the next week threads lol :)

bryng

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2003
Ooooh ... no luck from New Zealand either ... guess we might be included in a new Australian store ... maybe ... :cool:

M

Mencius

Fingers crossed for ITMS Australia. I wonder what the price will be here...

My ISP, telstra bigpond, has a music download service, without the advantage of Apple's standardised pricing, sometimes they sell tracks for 70c and often for 99c. That said sometimes it's $1.89 too.

I think a uniform price point for itms of 99c in Aus would be very competitive and succesful.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
liketom said:
should be standard prices like in europe and UK 99cents and 79p i suspect there might be a price rise for Aus and Canada and there respectively $ like $1.29 or something like that .

Not sure it would be a good idea considering that competing services such as Napster and Puretracks already offer 0.99$ songs in canada. (Although they don't work on the mac)

Xilan

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2004
oh i'm not alone :)

Is there something about it on apples' site in your countries?
____
miejmy nadzieje ze bedzie juz jutro :)

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
HyperX said:
Could be a HUGE apple day tommorow.. Imagine, New Itunes Stores.. New Ipods (Flash Based and 60 gig?) as well as new Emacs? It COULD happen.. Then nothing new till Jan ;P When we get dual core G4 Powerbooks!!!!QUOTE]
Yes, it looks like multiple new iTunes stores and the U2 special edition iPod tomorrow, but I think the 60 GB and Flash iPods and the eMacs will be announced closer to Christmas. After all, Apple does like to spread its announcements out to stay in the limelight...

gfer

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Buenos Aires, Argentina
gekko513 said:
Hey, gfer, do you know if it is likely that Argentina would get the store? It sounds unlikely to me, in which case that means that the circle thing is no indicator at all. My hopes are vaining for a Norwegian store :(

Nope. My brother works for EMI Music Publishing (he's the Latin America Financial Director), and he knows nothing about iTMS in Latin America.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
broken_keyboard said:
Wow...if Apple has really secured distribution rights in all those countries then their lawyers deserve a pay raise
If they announce availability in a number of new countries at once, chances are some had the agreements ironed out before the others, so Apple was actually holding up access in some countries in order to synchronize the releases. But that's to be expected, since announcing a bunch together gives them a chance to do it with a big splash.

HyperX

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2004
Nieuwegein, Netherlands
So when will they have Itunes China ;P

I guess Itunes Japan will cost like 1,000 yen a song or something? It's at about 107.5 to the dollar now!

Mostly I care about Itunes in the Nederlands.. seeing as I move there this Jan ;P

Common Emacs and new Ipods! YOU CAN DO IT JOBS!

Rave

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2004
snahabed said:
Isn't it just as likely that Apple is either

1. not allowing non-store countries to even PREVIEW anymore, or

2. undergoing an iTunes system upgrade for a select few EU countries, and this upgrade is causing the circle-loops for everyone else

Did I miss why we are assuming that the circle-loop means a store is imminent in that particular country?

I dont want to spoil all of you - but same here in Croatia - and I'm 10000% sure that it wouldn't happen here.

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
liketom said:
should be standard prices like in europe and UK 99cents and 79p i suspect there might be a price rise for Aus and Canada and there respectively $ like $1.29 or somthing like that

Hmm, I doubt they could get away with a price higher than $0.99 in Canada, otherwise that would be too close to the price of a physical CD (I can buy most CDs for less than $15).

Boy I hope this happens. I would like to buy music again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.