Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phalewhale

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
It's not happening today folks. The rumor was wrong and now I think the updates won't happen till sometime in June like the original rumor stated.

Where are you quoting this information from that it's not happening today?

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
when new products are being added the store is down from about 5am to 8:30am EST

wait wait, who's suprised nothing happened???:D:D:D

phalewhale

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
when new products are being added the store is down from about 5am to 8:30am EST

wait wait, who's suprised nothing happened???:D:D:D

That's a pity - I would have liked a new macbook having just returned a faulty (or should I say hairy) iMac!!!

CrossFireXT17

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2006
Remember though the article says "As early as Tuesday, May 6th". But yea I hope they update them soon, and I think they will. Because me also being an incoming college student. I would love to have a new MacBook Pro... and I keep waiting to buy it for the Education discount. And since that starts end of May (if I remember correctly), it would make sense to do it soon so that the people who are buying them right off the bat have the option.

I don't think Apple is stupid, but then again sometimes I could be wrong. Please Apple release it soon! :cool:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
a black aluminum macbook would be pretty sick, I just bought my blackbook and i love it so i wont be in the market for a new computer anytime soon but i just think that would look awesome.

Occuvite

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2008
Did anyone notice that they just started putting the Penryn MacBooks on the Refurbished site? They started that about a week ago, which would make me assume they are trying to get rid of those ones for a refresh or redesign.

Glueeater

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
Did anyone notice that they just started putting the Penryn MacBooks on the Refurbished site? They started that about a week ago, which would make me assume they are trying to get rid of those ones for a refresh or redesign.

Only 17" Penryns as far as I can tell.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida

they put them up as they get them in, its not like they hang on to the referb ones until a new release then try and get rid of them quick

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
Remember though the article says "As early as Tuesday, May 6th". But yea I hope they update them soon, and I think they will. Because me also being an incoming college student. I would love to have a new MacBook Pro... and I keep waiting to buy it for the Education discount. And since that starts end of May (if I remember correctly), it would make sense to do it soon so that the people who are buying them right off the bat have the option.

I don't think Apple is stupid, but then again sometimes I could be wrong. Please Apple release it soon! :cool:

Something to think about... with free shipping, no tax and normally a rebate of some sort, buying an Apple via Amazon.com is a cheaper alternative to the student discount.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
NEWSFLASH: They are coming out tomorrow. This was announced shortly after you opened you MBP box earlier...

Heh, even if they came out with a new macbook/macbook pro.. I'll still keep this macbook as it doesnt have any problems. I'll just wait until Nehalem to upgrade.

trojan675

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2008
June

im pretty sure alot of ppl know this by now, but they will update in june earliest, most likely in september tho. all macbooks will have an aluminem shell, and all computers will be converted to penryn processors. The configureations for the regular macbook are, 2.6 white, 2.8 white, and 3.06 black. all the other mbs mbps ims mmbas and ims will be put into penryn also

this s all i know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.