Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pandarama

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2015
France
Whelp the Picasso Labs guy came through and I got my Black Leather case today. Guess I'm happy he messed up as I got it for free. Good quality case but I think Im going to probably end up using the SFBAGS case.

Here are some pictures: [...]

It looks great ! any problem with that ? Why are u goind to SFBAGS ?

Totti

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2008
Melbourne, AU
Links, Pics, Etc...
http://jolioriginals.com/products/limited

limited.jpg

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London
Whelp the Picasso Labs guy came through and I got my Black Leather case today. Guess I'm happy he messed up as I got it for free. Good quality case but I think Im going to probably end up using the SFBAGS case.

Here are some pictures:

case_1.jpg

case_2.jpg

case_3.jpg

case_4.jpg

case_5.jpg

It's beautiful, simple but gorgeous. Did you get it customer made as I only see the black leather with red stitching which I'm not keen on.

French River

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2011
Minnesota, USA
I was ready to purchase one of the beautiful leather cases seen throughout this thread when I came across this on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XVNWOR0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

It has several features I was looking for in a sleeve:
  • It's very light. One of the reasons I chose the rMB was its weight (or lack thereof) and I didn't want to bring it back up to MBP heft by adding a heavy sleeve.
  • It's slim. I usually carry my rMB slipped inside another bag, and I wanted a sleeve that added very little bulk.
  • It props up the rear edge of the computer. I like having the keyboard at a modest angle when working at a table or desk. When I'm out and about I find that I'm always looking for a book or something to slip underneath. This sleeve's flap transforms into a riser that lifts the back of the rMB about an inch and a half off the surface. Helps with heat dissipation underneath, too.
  • It's cheap. At this price, I'll still be able to justify (to myself, anyway) a luxurious leather sleeve if I get the urge.
On the downside, it's not leather and it doesn't feel like leather. But the materials are of decent quality, and the assembly, fit and finish are really quite good, better than I expected for the price. I won't be embarrassed to be seen with it.

And, of course, it won't hold anything but the rMB. But those of us in the market for a sleeve usually carry accessories elsewhere.

I've seen that a couple of other posters on this site have also purchased this sleeve. What's your opinion of it?

Attachments

• OMOTONsleeve-1.jpg
    OMOTONsleeve-1.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 392
  • OMOTONsleeve-2.jpg
    OMOTONsleeve-2.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 380
  • OMOTONsleeve-3.jpg
    OMOTONsleeve-3.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 388
  • OMOTONsleeve-5.jpg
    OMOTONsleeve-5.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Reactions: AlliFlowers

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
Just got this one delivered today. Cost just £18 from Etsy, and a few £££ postage from Japan. Really impressed with it. Fits absolutely beautifully. No gaps, no tightness – height or width.

Attachments

• IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 457

JoePa2624

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
AZ
I was ready to purchase one of the beautiful leather cases seen throughout this thread when I came across this on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XVNWOR0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

It has several features I was looking for in a sleeve:
  • It's very light. One of the reasons I chose the rMB was its weight (or lack thereof) and I didn't want to bring it back up to MBP heft by adding a heavy sleeve.
  • It's slim. I usually carry my rMB slipped inside another bag, and I wanted a sleeve that added very little bulk.
  • It props up the rear edge of the computer. I like having the keyboard at a modest angle when working at a table or desk. When I'm out and about I find that I'm always looking for a book or something to slip underneath. This sleeve's flap transforms into a riser that lifts the back of the rMB about an inch and a half off the surface. Helps with heat dissipation underneath, too.
  • It's cheap. At this price, I'll still be able to justify (to myself, anyway) a luxurious leather sleeve if I get the urge.
On the downside, it's not leather and it doesn't feel like leather. But the materials are of decent quality, and the assembly, fit and finish are really quite good, better than I expected for the price. I won't be embarrassed to be seen with it.

And, of course, it won't hold anything but the rMB. But those of us in the market for a sleeve usually carry accessories elsewhere.

I've seen that a couple of other posters on this site have also purchased this sleeve. What's your opinion of it?
I went with this one too because of how inexpensive it was. It'll be my placeholder until I'm able to figure which more expensive option I want to invest in.

So far, I'm liking this one a good amount. It has a funny smell to it (kind of odd), but otherwise works perfectly. Well worth the cost.

JoePa2624

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
AZ
http://www.amazon.com/Snugg-MacBook...d=1434589450&sr=8-1&keywords=snugg+macbook+12

This is the one I got. I love it. There's an area where you could plug in the USB-C charger while it's in the case. A slot big enough for an iPad in the back. I have one for my rMBP and now I'm getting the same one for the Macbook. It looks clean and professional.

61ZxZQd2NSL._SL1000_.jpg

71AcU79AFdL._SL1000_.jpg

I like the cutout for the charging cable. That's one annoyance I have with mine since I'd like to keep in the sleeve while I'm charging it at night.

Simple, but really smart implementation.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hi

I forgot to come back and post more photos of my Joli Originals sleeve as promised. (NB I got a special colour combo that they had some materials left in stock to make so I have smooth grey leather and pink felt interior)

Anyway after 2 or 3 weeks am still loving it. Beautiful leather and perfect fit. Not too tight and not too lose and no annoying flaps, zips, clasps or unnecessary embellishments. It doesn't slip out - even if you hold upside down and it is easy to slide the rMB in. Well worth the price. Would definitely get other sleeves from Joli in future.

11406388_10203000490212423_4418175667613849114_o.jpg
11393774_10203000490172422_5520321348059779558_o.jpg
10467112_10203000490092420_6985511177675121171_o.jpg
11312742_10203000490132421_5712848459028071066_o.jpg

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
My waterfield case came today. Of the 3 cases Ive tried this is definitely the one that I will recommend. This is a great case with a great quality feel to it. The macbook fits snug. It feels protected. Its got a pouch on the back for accessories. The inside is very soft.

This case is $59 and can be bought here: https://www.sfbags.com/products/dash-laptop-sleeve

I probably went over-board on the pictures but here they are.

wf1.jpg

wf2.jpg

wf3.jpg

wf4.jpg

wf5.jpg

wf6.jpg

wf7.jpg

wf8.jpg

wf9.jpg

Reactions: French River

rajivhifi

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2014
I have the sfbags outback for the MBP and was contemplating the Dash for the Macbook. The one concern I have with the design is the presence of the elastic band. My fear is it will loose elasticity over time and will not be effective in holding the Macbook within the case. So is my fear with the open packaging with Joli as well, if the Macbook will slip out of the sleeve.

Does the Dash's elastic feel it'll hold against time (3-5 years)?

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
I have the sfbags outback for the MBP and was contemplating the Dash for the Macbook. The one concern I have with the design is the presence of the elastic band. My fear is it will loose elasticity over time and will not be effective in holding the Macbook within the case. So is my fear with the open packaging with Joli as well, if the Macbook will slip out of the sleeve.

Does the Dash's elastic feel it'll hold against time (3-5 years)?

I really can't speak to 3-5 years. Thats seems like a long time but I can tell you this is not weak elastic. It feels very solid and reliable. There is no way the macbook will slip out of the case.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Just got this one delivered today. Cost just £18 from Etsy, and a few £££ postage from Japan. Really impressed with it. Fits absolutely beautifully. No gaps, no tightness – height or width.
How tight is the case? I ask because I'm looking for a case that really hugs the macbook.

Also, is it sleek or a bit bulky? The benchmark is the incase tensaerlite which I wish would be released for the 12" but at the same time, that price is crazy high.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Hi

I forgot to come back and post more photos of my Joli Originals sleeve as promised. (NB I got a special colour combo that they had some materials left in stock to make so I have smooth grey leather and pink felt interior)

Anyway after 2 or 3 weeks am still loving it. Beautiful leather and perfect fit. Not too tight and not too lose and no annoying flaps, zips, clasps or unnecessary embellishments. It doesn't slip out - even if you hold upside down and it is easy to slide the rMB in. Well worth the price. Would definitely get other sleeves from Joli in future.

View attachment 562471 View attachment 562472 View attachment 562474 View attachment 562475

Very nice!

One question on the fit. Is it tight enough that you have to pull the entire sleeve out of your bag to put it in and take it out, or can you slip the MacBook in and out without holding onto the case?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
The benchmark is the incase tensaerlite which I wish would be released for the 12" but at the same time, that price is crazy high.

I think you mean the Incase Icon with the Tensaerlite technology. ;-). I'm wondering if they're going to release for the rMB. Haven't seeen any announcements for it. Love the design of their Icons for other size macs so hopefully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.