New MacBook Pro's on Tuesday, June 5th 2007?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 31, 2007.

1. Wie Gehts macrumors 6502

The box it comes in.

Seriously, if this update is piddling, does that mean you have to wait another 9 months or so for another MBP update?

2. kingofkolt macrumors 6502

This is so exciting!!!

God, I've been waiting forever this... Unforunately though, even if it is released June 5, I should probably wait until WWDC anyways just in case they release something else I might want more, right?

Bout time they posted a new MBP rumor!

3. macenforcer macrumors 65816

macenforcer

Mac Mini Pro. :eek:

4. kingofkolt macrumors 6502

Not interested :D I need a laptop. I was thinking more along the lines of an ultraportable. Although I doubt I'd be interested, in that I need good specs, but that's exactly what an ultra-portable doesn't have.

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

6. eXpress macrumors member

C'mon Mr. Jobs, I just graduated from High School and an updated MBP with the works would make a very good graduation gift from you...

7. SuperDupe453 macrumors newbie

Gah, I'm pretty new to the mac scene and just ordered the high end 15" macbook pro last night... if they upgrade the macbook pros so soon after a purchase do they allow you to exchange it for the newer model?

8. gibbz macrumors 68030

My order delayed as well

I'm a grad student in meteorology at Oklahoma U and recently ordered a 17" MBP through the university IT on May 27th. The order still says "Not Yet Shipped." I am friends with the head of IT and he told me that he contacted Apple and they informed him the earliest it may ship would be around the 4th or 5th. I know that the recent reports are that Apple ordered 15.4" LEDs, but it is still interesting to hear of others with unusually delayed orders. It leads me to believe that something is afoot.

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'm late to this story, but just wanted to say that if this indeed the case, this is great news! I have been patiently holding off buying a MBP since I knew updates were imminent and it will great to have my patience finally be rewarded! Here's hoping for Santa Rosa and LED tech, not just a minor speed bump like the MacBooks received.

10. mongoose8p macrumors regular

yes you will be able to echange it for 14 more days after that your sutck but you will have to pay a 10% restocking fee which will mostly likely be 200 - 350 depending on which 15 inch you bought to exchange it and if you upgraded the ram or anything of the sort then you can't it must be the system they offer! which sucks!

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, I believe you either have 10 or 14 days. If you just ordered it last night though, phone Apple and check - you might be able to even just cancel your order outright. if nothing else though, you'll have that 10 or 14 day period to return it (I honestly forget what the time period is...)

12. SuperDupe453 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick replies! It was just shipped about a half hour ago so cancelling it is out of the question... and I added the extra 1gb of RAM so that it would have 3gb... So, I guess I'll see what happens.

13. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I'm not challenging you in the sense that I don't believe you, but where did you get this 14 day rule and 10% restocking fee? I know a pretty decent bit about these computers, but having never had to return one I have not really spent much time familiarizing myself with these policies.

14. 300ZX macrumors member

In regards to the update about back to school promotion:

If marketing materials have already been made for back to school, then they certainly will have the new iMac on them as well. It would not make sense, as has been said, to release ones that are outdated.

If the iMac is not rumored to be released until WWDC, then the same situation happens with the back to school promotion (unless marketing materials are shipped the week of WWDC while the promotion merely starts next week).

15. SuperDupe453 macrumors newbie

Sorry to spam the forums but I found this while looking at Apple's Sales and Refunds Policy:

RETURN & REFUND POLICY
    If you are not satisfied with your Apple purchase of a product, please call 1-800-676-2775 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request within 14 calendar days of the receipt of the product. Configure-to-order, personalized or other customized product may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless DOA. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, we will exchange it or offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. The product must be returned to the Apple warehouse within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. A 10% open box fee will be assessed on any opened hardware or accessory. If you purchased your order using an Apple Business Lease, you may be asked to provide a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) for Apple to assess the 10% open box restocking fee.

Please note that Apple does not permit the return of or offer refunds for the following products:

1. Product that is custom configured to your specifications
    2. Opened memory
    3. Opened software*
    4. Electronic software downloads
    5. Personalized iPods
    6. Software Up to Date Program Products (SW upgrades)
    7. Apple Gift Cards
    8. Apple Gift Packaging (origami style gift box with ribbon and greeting card)
    9. Apple Developer Connection Products (Membership and Technical Support)

So... #1 basically says I am screwed and stuck with what I bought last night :(... let's pray that it is DOA :)

16. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

From Apple's website:

17. sbbruiser macrumors newbie

Send it back!

In the past, Apple have held orders made just before a major upgrade, and then included the "bump" when you get your computer. When they first switched to the MBP, they introduced slightly faster processors after the initial announcement, but before they started shipping the computers. My friend ordered one right after the initial announcement, and they threw in the processor upgrade before his arrived.

If I were you, I would cancel the order (in CA, you have three days...not sure what the rules are where you are). They are due to release some upgrade in the next few weeks, so unless you have dire need for a computer, I would hold off until at least the 11th.

For all of you who doubt that Apple would release a new prodcut without a major event, you might recall that the nano was released without any preceeding special presentation by Esteban J.

IMHO, I don't see why Apple would care to waste his time on a processor/display bump at an event focused on software developers, unless they decide to spend some time speaking to the "general public" about Apple's new green initiatives. My feeling is that these upgrades are coming soon enough, so its not worth getting all that excited about. What I want hear about from El Jobs isn't "catch me up" processor upgrades, but cool new Leopard and iLife functionality that my feeble mind could never even dream up.

My perfect next two weeks:
    - MBP's with Santa Rosa (props to my hometown!), and LED displays
    - 12/13" new MBP because I love my current 12" PB, and want the separate graphics card.
    - HD content on iTunes
    - Leopard adds dual boot capability for simultaneous use of OSX and Windows (or some sort of awesome Vista simulation capabilities)
    - New partnerships with Google to make my personal iApps content available anywhere anytime (espcially, iCal)
    - One more thing: 16:9 iPod (OK, this isn't going to happen, but a boy can dream right? :rolleyes: )

jp

PS Did anyone see Lebron tonight? I'd be impressed if WWDC could top that performance!

18. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Unfortunately it appears as though this might be the case. Sorry man. :(

The only thing I can think of is that you could try selling it on eBay as a brand new machine, NIB, etc. and try to get what you paid for it, minus a couple hundred bucks (which is what you would have paid in restocking fees anyway). Then just call it a wash and purchase a new MBP when it is released in a couple weeks (hopefully).

Still though, even despite what Apple's website says, I'd think you should be able to return it if you just ordered it last night... but maybe not I guess... hmm...

19. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

Well, I really hope you're right. But to me that would imply they won't announce the MBP update until WWDC, so other updates or new products might not eventuate :(

20. Psiablo macrumors newbie

Psiablo

Damn it here we go again, more rumors. I can't stop my legs from bouncing up and down. I have already bought all my accessories, now I'm just waiting for the Mac Book Pro.

And to think I just got my legs working properly again. :p

21. George Bailey macrumors member

Disappointed

Well then. I suggest going with Christmas as your date. Just think how thrilled you'll feel when they release it before then.

:)

22. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

that's not spam it's an answer good lad! thank you:D

23. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

Chanukah...

24. warfa macrumors regular

25. donlphi macrumors 6502

donlphi

I don't see much changing. New Body? We'll see...:eek: