Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSailor

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Connecticut
ADC Select membership price

For those interested in the ADC discount--which is not really a discount. Here is my build sheet.

Keep in mind I also paid around $520 for ADC Select and another $349 for Apple Care, plus I paid around $215 in tax. I may return the Apple Care and try to buy that at a discount, or I may argue with Apple about it. When I purchased my Mac Pro, they gave it to me for $180.

I'd also like to say, Apple customer support has always been great--a real pleasure to do business with them, compared to other companies outsourced to India that drive me mad. I don't mind the premium for Apple products as long as the hardware is the best, and the customer service it tops.

Ordered Jan 26th.

MBP 17/CTO
Z0G5

$3,517.00
Custom configuration
2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM 2X2GB
256GB Solid State Drive
SuperDrive 8X
DISPLAY-HI RES, GL,Widescreen
No DVI Adapter
N0 VGA Adapter
No Remote
No IWork Preinstalled
Final Cut Express Preinstalled
Aperture Preinstalled
No Logic Exp Preinstalled
No Filemaker Preinstalled
No Microsoft Office Preinstall
KYBD/User's Guide
Country Kit
Add a gift message
Ships: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: Feb 5 - Feb 12

GaryPDX

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2008
Portland, OR USA
I ordered my present 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo when first announced. Had I waited a couple of months, I could have gotten a Core 2 Duo and speed bump at no extra charge. So I am champing at the bit but waiting. In fact, I am going to try until to hold off until Snow Leopard ships before I order. But there are limits; Mac lust exerts a powerful pull on the wallet!

NightSailor

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Connecticut
I am going to try until to hold off until Snow Leopard ships before I order. But there are limits; Mac lust exerts a powerful pull on the wallet!

I can hardly wait for Snow Leopard too. I've noticed each update to Leopard has improved speed. I expect SL to be significantly faster, and of course the ZFS file systems is long overdue. As for me, it will be interesting to see how the SSD drive performs with Snow Leopard.

The first thing I will do, when my MBP comes in, is to open the thing up and look at the guts of the machine. Fortunately my girlfriend will be out of town and we won't get in a fight about it. She freaks out about stuff like that. For me, modifying computers is one of my favorite things to do. Non-user replacable battery? Ha. When the time comes, I'll replace it mysel
f.

aceskace

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Credit Card Charged

All right ladies and gents, my credit card has been charged (as of this morning), and i've been told that apple dont charge the card till they are ready to ship......hoping this is a good sign :)

apersianboyCOM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
London, UK
All right ladies and gents, my credit card has been charged (as of this morning), and i've been told that apple dont charge the card till they are ready to ship......hoping this is a good sign :)

Thats awesome... though I just checked mine and I haven't been charged (yet!)

Was today your estimated shipping date?

nopassn

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2009
Kansas City
How you see the ship date? I just see "ships in 7-10 day" when I check my order status - which is the same thing it has said since I ordered (Jan. 27th)

Shows Delivery Feb 6 - 13

How are you guys seeing actual ship and delivery dates?

(just checked, I have not been charged yet either)

aceskace

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
How you see the ship date? I just see "ships in 7-10 day" when I check my order status - which is the same thing it has said since I ordered (Jan. 27th)

Shows Delivery Feb 6 - 13

How are you guys seeing actual ship and delivery dates?

(just checked, I have not been charged yet either)

Mine just shows on the order details page -

Product / Part No. Qty
MBP 17/CTO
Z0G5 1
Custom configuration| Show Hide
2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
320GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
SuperDrive 8X
No DVI Adapter
N0 VGA Adapter
No Remote
No IWork Preinstalled
No Final Cut Exp Preinstalled
No Aperture Preinstalled
KYBD/User's Guide -X
Country Kit-AUS

Ships: 05/02/2009
Delivers: 11/02/2009

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
@aceskace - totally tits! Did your order page change to "Preparing to ship"? IME, that happens shortly after card charging…

nopassn

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2009
Kansas City
Mine just shows on the order details page -

Product / Part No. Qty
MBP 17/CTO
Z0G5 1
Custom configuration| Show Hide
2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8X
No DVI Adapter
N0 VGA Adapter
No Remote
No IWork Preinstalled
No Aperture Preinstalled
KYBD/User's Guide -X
Country Kit-AUS

Ships: 05/02/2009
Delivers: 11/02/2009

This is all I get when I pull up my order and then click on order status:

Product / Part No.
Unit Price

Qty

Ext. Price
MBP 17/2.66/2X2GB/320/SD/GLSY-USA
MB604LL/A

$2,799.00

$2,799.00
Gift message
| Edit | Remove
Add a gift message

Are you sure you would like to remove this Gift message?
Image Image

Image Image

Ships: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: Feb 6 - Feb 13

aceskace

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
@aceskace - totally tits! Did your order page change to "Preparing to ship"? IME, that happens shortly after card charging…

Na it hasnt.....although i have called my credit card company and they have confirmed that apple store has charged my card this morning.......

Spoke to the apple store and they said i should receive an email shortly (she didnt specify what 'shortly' equates to?)

Should i be surprised, its anyways only 3 days earlier than expected

On my thread 'Post your deliver date for 17 macbook pro (aussie)', there is another person whos card has been charged.

watchrabbit

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2008
Hmhh, I'm 4-10 here in Germany and haven't been charged as of yet....

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Well I finally took the plunge today (I don't think the Apple Store will have the build I want). Order submitted today, delivers Feb 12th (hopefully).

kremer4

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Ordered mine on Jan 28th. Also just ordered the 500GB hard drive. Now I just need to sell my Mac Pro.

2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8X
No DVI Adapter
N0 VGA Adapter
No Remote
IWORK '09 PREINSTALLED
No Aperture Preinstalled
KYBD/User's Guide
Country Kit

Delivers: Feb 9 - Feb 16

nopassn

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2009
Kansas City
That's not fair :(... I ordered the exact same specs as you on 10th Jan, it says mine ships on 9th Feb, delivers: 18th Feb! I ordered 17 days sooner than you so I would've thought I'd get it sooner :rolleyes:

Where do you live?

Kansas City... Still can't seem to figure out why I just see a range of dates and not a ship and deliver date.

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Kansas City... Still can't seem to figure out why I just see a range of dates and not a ship and deliver date.

The range of dates is the delivery range (they ship it out and depending on the shipping you chose and how busy the carrier is you'll get it in that range).

bodhisattva

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2008
I ordered about two weeks ago.. 2.93 with 8gb RAM.. 7200RPM 320MB drive.. Ship date came back as Feb 9 with delivery date of Feb 12. Talked to Apple store rep and they said almost all orders would begin shipping at some point this week. I've pre-ordered the last 2 release MBP and without fail.. all were shipped 2-3 days before the estimated date. Last one showed up at my office the day I received the email alerting me it'd been shipped.. hoping I get a nice surprise this week as well. If not.. site shows I'll have it by next week anyway.

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
I would be interested to know if anyone living in the UK has had their delivery date brought forward yet, I know they've done it for a lot of countries but not for us yet which seems to suck big time. Im guessing they will because they always do when you order a laptop from them, but its serious torture waiting for even the final delivery date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.