Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Talked to Apple store rep and they said almost all orders would begin shipping at some point this week.

I wonder if this includes orders that were placed today even. This would be awesome, bringing the 17 in line with the 15's lead time (24 hrs).

thegivenone

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2003
Austria
Ordered on the 24th of January and Shipping on the 17h of February!

That's not fair :(... I ordered the exact same specs as you on 10th Jan, it says mine ships on 9th Feb, delivers: 18th Feb! I ordered 17 days sooner than you so I would've thought I'd get it sooner :rolleyes:

Where do you live?

Yup, it's quite odd, I live in Boston and ordered on the 24th of January and got estimated shipping and delivery dates as the 17th and 20th of February, respectively. I ordered the Matt screen, which bumped up the estimated shipping time from 7-10 days to 2-3 weeks, but its interesting that my shipping time seems to be generally lower than some of the ranges quoted so far.

Does Apple tend to overestimate shipping dates in the US. I have seen some talk on this forum of about 2-3 days overestimation, which would still be annoyingly late for me! Oh well, I've waited this long already so the extra couple of days shouldn't kill me!

charliemcarter

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2008
Honolulu & Seattle
New MBP 17"

Went to the apple store here in Hawaii today (2/2) and was told they do not yet know when they will be getting the new models in the store. I do see that the on-line delivery time line here is now 7 to 10 business days after ordering. A recent change from the 4 to 6 weeks shown recently.

jcotero

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2009
Yes!!!

Called Apple today and told them that new people are ordering right now and they have an earlier ship date than me. She canceled my first order and reordered it and now I have a ship date of the 12th of this month. Alot better than the 5th of march.

clcwong

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2009
Called Apple today and told them that new people are ordering right now and they have an earlier ship date than me. She canceled my first order and reordered it and now I have a ship date of the 12th of this month. Alot better than the 5th of march.

uk?

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Welp, they're expected to be in Apple stores tomorrow. We'll see if most of them ship that day too.

I hope they do arrive at the Apple store, I want to get my hands on one so I can make sure I like the feel of the kbd and test out the screen quality (I know it's similar to the 15 but it's not the exact same).

dannomac

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
Saskatoon, SK
I hope they do arrive at the Apple store, I want to get my hands on one so I can make sure I like the feel of the kbd and test out the screen quality (I know it's similar to the 15 but it's not the exact same).

It would make me exceptionally happy if I get my new MBP before the stated ship date. Apparently they want to get them out this week according to some other forums I'm reading.

rogerram

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Deepings, UK
I would be interested to know if anyone living in the UK has had their delivery date brought forward yet, I know they've done it for a lot of countries but not for us yet which seems to suck big time. Im guessing they will because they always do when you order a laptop from them, but its serious torture waiting for even the final delivery date.

Hi,
Just to let you know my ship & delivery dates haven't changed from 10th & 18th February since I revised my order on 13th January (to get the right educational Applecare discount), and neither has my card been charged yet. However, from the day the Apple UK store changed from 'pre-order' to '7-10 days' that works out to be ship from tomorrow (4th) to Monday 10th. The Apple rep said they always ship according to the time of pre-order so I'm hoping that delivery WILL be this week, despite my ship & delivery dates not changing! Apple said the only change I'd see would be 'Shipped' & they'd send me an email then-so perhaps it's different in the UK. I use online banking & there will be a 'reserved' entry once Apple process my order-so I'll be checking that several times a day also.
All the best.

d-r-s

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
I ordered one 2 days ago (Feb. 1 at 9:30pm PST) and here's what my summary says:

Ships: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: Feb 12 - Feb 20

I'm not sure if this also reflects the 2-3 day shipping option.

As of Feb. 2, the credit card that the order was placed on did have a hold/"reserved" entry from apple placed on it for the amount of the order.

Hopefully, that means that Apple will be shipping the notebooks soon for all who ordered it before me.

rogerram

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Deepings, UK
I ordered one 2 days ago (Feb. 1 at 9:30pm PST) and here's what my summary says:

Ships: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: Feb 12 - Feb 20

I'm not sure if this also reflects the 2-3 day shipping option.

As of Feb. 2, the credit card that the order was placed on did have a hold/"reserved" entry from apple placed on it for the amount of the order.

Hopefully, that means that Apple will be shipping the notebooks soon for all who ordered it before me.

I certainly hope so!!! Which country are you in? It seems on here Australia are winning the first to be delivered race! I've just ordered the Crumpler Sir Gimp pouch to cheer myself up!
A couple of years ago I ordered a 17" Sony with high-res screen, Blu-ray & integrated satellite tv & wasn't 1/2 as excited as I am about this. I think I must have Mac-fever & there's only one antidote-DELIVERY! I'll go & take my tablet now

d-r-s

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
I certainly hope so!!! Which country are you in? It seems on here Australia are winning the first to be delivered race! I've just ordered the Crumpler Sir Gimp pouch to cheer myself up!
A couple of years ago I ordered a 17" Sony with high-res screen, Blu-ray & integrated satellite tv & wasn't 1/2 as excited as I am about this. I think I must have Mac-fever & there's only one antidote-DELIVERY! I'll go & take my tablet now

I'm in the central part of the US. Since my ship date is so soon, even though I ordered it 2 days ago, it must mean that the ones before mine are (almost) ready to go. Either that or I must have ordered one that they have more of/no one really wants haha.

nuccadoc

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2007
Calgary, Canada
updated shipping time with change

I had ordered a 2.66 when it first came out in January. As I was thinking about it, I was questioning whether or not the 2.93 would be better. I am getting more into video and stuff with the family. I decided to see if it would change my time, and so I put the order in. My original ship date was the 12th, delivered by the 18th with expedited shipping. My new shipping date changed to delivered on the 16th, 2 days sooner!!! That is if it is built in 7 days. I didn't have a range on the first shipment, and I do on this most recent order.

On another note, the apple store I talked with said they were hoping to have had the new 17" MBP's in by the end of January. He was a little shocked that they weren't in. Calgary Market Mall Store.

thegivenone

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2003
Austria
Delay on the Antiglare screen

I talked to the Apple Store today and they told me all those who ordered the Antiglare screen have a slightly longer wait due to supply delays from the manufacturer. This seems a little odd to me as I thought the screen was the same as on the old 17" and that they might have had a backlog.

UFOGoldorak

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
MBP 17/CTO
Z0G5

Custom configuration
2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM 2X2GB
320GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
SuperDrive 8X
DISPLAY-HI RES, GL,Widescreen
Mini DisplayPort - DVI Adapter

Ships: Feb 4
Delivers: Feb 9

Now I paid for 2-3 day ship, so I might see it on the 6th!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Also, for anyone looking, crucial's price dropped $400+ on the 8GB DDR3 kit since last week :)

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
MBP 17/CTO
Z0G5

Custom configuration
2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8X

Now i also paid for 2-3 day ship, so I might see it on the 6th!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Also, for anyone looking, crucial's price dropped $400+ on the 8GB DDR3 kit since last week :)

What day did you order?

kremer4

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Fairfax, VA
MBP 17/CTO
Z0G5

Custom configuration
2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8X

Now I paid for 2-3 day ship, so I might see it on the 6th!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

How is everyone getting exact ships and delivers date. I'm just getting a delivery range.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
How is everyone getting exact ships and delivers date. I'm just getting a delivery range.

I don't know about other people, but when I check my order it says 'Estimated shipping 16th Feb, Estimated delivery 18th Feb' (Stock config ordered 26th Jan).

I honestly think the ship dates are completely random as they don't seem to follow ANY pattern whatsoever.

Hannify

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
People with Feb 4th ship dates, do you by chance see anything about preparing to ship in your order status now?

Nope. Mine still says, "not yet shipped". However I can't resist checking in every half hour or so, so if it changes I'll let you know.

flanamac

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2009
I just looked at their website and their 8GB kit is around $780 which is $120 less than the cheapest I had seen to date. I am going to keep an eye out. I have a feeling by June, 8GB kits will be around $500 or less.

flanamac

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2009
Well, OWC just has theirs for $729 now. Seems the price is diving as I speak.

I just looked at their website and their 8GB kit is around $780 which is $120 less than the cheapest I had seen to date. I am going to keep an eye out. I have a feeling by June, 8GB kits will be around $500 or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.