New Pride Watch Faces Available in watchOS 5.2.1

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacRumors, May 13, 2019.

1. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

So you're okay with one company supporting a political cause but not with another if the cause is liberal.

Got it. Hypocrisy. As I expected.

2. mikethemartian macrumors 6502

I’ve never understood why people rave about Chik-Fil-A chicken. I don’t dislike it but I’m not crazy about it either.

3. richpjr macrumors 68040

richpjr

If only those red states had the stellar educational system that a place like California, home to so many liberal companies, does...

4. makr macrumors regular

LGBT rights are not something political, also Apple should never be apolitical.

5. Zachari macrumors regular

Zachari

As a gay man, I understand now that you cannot read and comprehend what I wrote, so we are done here.

6. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Yes, as a bisexual man, I understand that you cannot articulate a coherent position. Good day.

7. makr macrumors regular

And your point is?

8. jonblatho macrumors 6502a

jonblatho

What did I say in that single sentence that was unreasonable or "deranged"? The pride flag is upside-down. That's an objective truth; red has always been on top in the current set of colors.

Also, still not aware of anyone saying “LGBTs for” anything, and certainly not scrawled in Sharpie onto the pride flag. The community’s not a monolith.

9. Zachari macrumors regular

Zachari

LOL >> When they try to compare Apples and Oranges and tell me I can't articulate a coherent position :rolleyes:

10. newyorksole macrumors 68040

It’s sad that this needs to be explained, but thank you for doing so.

Pride... Black Power / Black Lives Matter...

These things are a thing because of how poorly treated both groups were and in a lot of cases still are.

11. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

You have not demonstrated that they're apples and oranges. Why is it okay for Chick-fil-a to donate to an anti-gay organization but not okay for Apple to offer a ****ing watch face?

12. jonblatho macrumors 6502a

jonblatho

Your being a gay man and referring to those drivel-peddling troglodytes as “pro-family organizations” tells me all that I need to know.

13. newyorksole macrumors 68040

In poor taste? Why can’t you and others see that PRIDE is important to a lot of people. You don’t like the Watch faces? Don’t use them. Who cares who’s excluded. These faces are within reason. They aren’t harming anyone. Also... It’s just a rainbow. It’s not like the faces say “GAY PRIDE”.

14. mikethemartian macrumors 6502

Actually if you read the New Testament from front to back there are plenty of times when Jesus isn’t so nice and peaceful.

15. ScottishDuck macrumors 6502a

ScottishDuck

Do you happen to ever wear clothes that are made of 2 or more fabrics?
    Do you believe people should be allowed tattoos?
    Do you believe women should be allowed to show their hair or wear jewellery?

All of these things are strictly forbidden in the bible, yet you don't hear conservatives rallying against that.

16. Zachari, May 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2019

Zachari macrumors regular

Zachari

Let's do a deep dive for your since you are incapable of spewing baseless liberal talking points, they gave to 3 organizations in 2017:

1. Fellowship of Christian Athletes:  In 2017, the Foundation provided $1.6 million to support  summer  sports camps for inner-city youth.  Participating  children were not required to be a member of FCA and did not have to sign any FCA pledges.
    2. Salvation Army:  In 2017, the Foundation provided approximately $150,000 to support children’s programs in Atlanta, including camps for kids and the Angel Tree. As a result, 11,000 children in need throughout the Atlanta area received gifts during the holiday season.
    3. Paul Anderson Youth Home: In 2017, the Foundation provided approximately $6,000 to support a bike ride fundraiser, operational support, an annual Christmas dinner theatre for local children as well as a technology capital campaign. However, in 2017, a decision was made by the Foundation to no longer donate to the group.

The work of FCA, is to support youth and education. So I call fake news on your narrative that they are a hateful organization.

MAGA.

17. jonblatho, May 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2019

jonblatho macrumors 6502a

jonblatho

What? Where did I use the word “hateful”? I only took issue with calling these organizations “pro-family.”

18. jonnyb098 macrumors 68030

jonnyb098

The CEO of the company is gay so Apple is free to do what they want. Don’t like it? Buy another product. (Unless you already have and are just here to troll)

Restaurants like Mission BBQ shove the national anthem down everyone’s throat at 12PM daily. Many who think it’s dumb just show up after. Freedom of choice.

19. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

It’s not a political side. It’s a human rights one. It’s also not about sex. It’s about being able to be YOU without fear of repercussions from others. Yes, some gay people are over the top about it, some are casual. Everyone expresses pride differently. Honestly, as a gay man who is basically straight and doesn’t take **** off people, there are times when I am still uncomfortable being who I am depending on whose around. You just never know what will set someone off or what the consequences might be. That is something nobody should ever have to live with. Ever. I welcome anything that brings to light current events because if we never did that, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

I don’t believe in god but that doesn’t mean I despise anyone that says have a blessed day to me or anything similar to that. I say thank you and go about my day. It’s their beliefs. Not mine. They are just being nice. When you start telling me I’m going to burn in hell for this or that because I don’t believe what you do, that’s a different story.

I live and let live. I just don’t care. Life is too short.

Now if you think this is about politics, I’m going to leave this here for you to read and remind you of why it’s good to keep these things in the light. Link - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

Imagine if that was your loved one. Imagine what was going through his mind while all of this was taking place. For what? Because he loved another and someone disagreed with it? What makes someone’s beliefs more important/better/less than another?

Nothing.

20. miniyou64 macrumors 6502a

miniyou64

Im a libertarian. I understand what freedom means. Its excessive for a company to create 4 watch faces for one specific cause. Im simply voicing that.

21. 19SK91 macrumors regular

I'm gay but have nothing to do with the community so I have a question: LGBTQS2? I thought it's LGBTQ so what does S2 stand for and when was that added?

22. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

It’s 2S and honestly they keep adding stuff and it’s getting absurd. Two spirit is what it means.

Most settle for LGBT+

23. Zachari, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019

Zachari macrumors regular

Zachari

ORANGE MAN BAD.

24. LeeW macrumors 6502a

LeeW

They look awful to be honest, no issue supporting pride with a face on my phone but it won't be any of them.

25. Futurix macrumors 6502

Futurix

Not something I’d put on my watch at all times - but I’ll definitely switch to this watch face for the Prides I’ll attend this year! I have a rainbow watch band too :D