Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LudicrousLampost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2016
When is the next macbook pro coming out? All i gather so far, is that apple tends to release many products twice a year. Are macbook pro's also twice a year, or once a year?

Is it speculation when the next macbook pro will be released? And when was the macbook pro currently on the apple website released, it doesn't say.

Also - is there any reason not to buy new with extra apple ram, and simply order extra ram online on day one, to save money?

I need a mbp, asap, and am not sure whether to buy now or wait. Thanks for any help guys.

Spudlicious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2015
Bedfordshire, England
When is the next macbook pro coming out? All i gather so far, is that apple tends to release many products twice a year. Are macbook pro's also twice a year, or once a year?

Is it speculation when the next macbook pro will be released? And when was the macbook pro currently on the apple website released, it doesn't say.

Also - is there any reason not to buy new with extra apple ram, and simply order extra ram online on day one, to save money?

I need a mbp, asap, and am not sure whether to buy now or wait. Thanks for any help guys.

Until Apple make an announcement release dates are speculation.
The most recent retina MBP was introduced in early 2015.
You cannot plan to upgrade RAM post purchase, it's not reasonably possible.
Welome to the world that Steve built!

KimUsername

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2016
Ontario, Canada

See the "Waiting for Skylake" tread. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/waiting-for-skylake-mbp-thread.1661246/page-167#post-22516962

Yes, the RAM is soldered in and not upgradable.

Well the earliest the 13" Macbook Pro will come out will be at least March. (Maybe).
The earliest the 15" Macbook Pro will come out is somewhat later, maybe September. (Maybe)
This is just from what I have read on this forum. I have no inside knowledge.
So if you need one asap, you may not want to wait. If you are wondering whether you should, read the forum I mentioned.

Kim

LudicrousLampost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2016
Until Apple make an announcement release dates are speculation.
The most recent retina MBP was introduced in early 2015.
You cannot plan to upgrade RAM post purchase, it's not reasonably possible.
Welome to the world that Steve built!
Welcome indeed. Not surprised. Meh. Thanks Spud.
[doublepost=1454093750][/doublepost]
See the "Waiting for Skylake" tread. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/waiting-for-skylake-mbp-thread.1661246/page-167#post-22516962

Yes, the RAM is soldered in and not upgradable.

Well the earliest the 13" Macbook Pro will come out will be at least March. (Maybe).
The earliest the 15" Macbook Pro will come out is somewhat later, maybe September. (Maybe)
This is just from what I have read on this forum. I have no inside knowledge.
So if you need one asap, you may not want to wait. If you are wondering whether you should, read the forum I mentioned.

Kim
Im on it Kim, the thread. Thanks.
Im after a 13 (like the size) and march sounds good.
Allow me to speed read that mega big thread, and bring myself up to speed. Thanks for the link!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.