Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

No Apple Media Event on September 7th

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Late yesterday, a report broke on Japanese site Kodwarisan claiming that Apple will be holding its annual fall media event on September 7th. Apple for the first time is expected to introduce new iPhone hardware at the event.

But sources have now flatly denied to the well-connected Jim Dalrymple of The Loop that any such media event will take place on that date.
Reports began to surface yesterday that Apple would hold a special event on September 7 to launch the new iPhone, but that's not happening.

According to my sources, Apple will not have an event or launch the next iPhone on September 7. It's hard to say how that specific date was chosen by the sites that started the rumor, other than it fits into the timeline of previous Apple events.
Dalrymple is known to have solid sources at Apple, and has occasionally appeared to be an unofficial outlet for the debunking of rumor claims.

Article Link: No Apple Media Event on September 7th

seamer

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2009
Saying NO to a specific media event while ignoring rumored delivery dates... Something's inconsistent here.

Make of it what you will.

Comment

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I really hope it arrives earlier than September 7th, but with rumors about October releases, it might be later on September.

Lame, wonder what day it will be on?

Well according to The Loop, this year’s will be later or earlier than the 7th of September. :rolleyes:

Comment

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
My guess is they didnt' do it on Sept. 7th 'cause that's when Tupac was shot....

September 11th ftw!

Comment

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
It seems that perhaps Apple is having a problem with iPhone 5, therefore causing more rumors and speculation regarding just when this product will actually appear.

Comment

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I love MacRumors and I get that Rumors is in the name, but these constant contradicting stories that are being posted within hours of each other are starting to wear thin.

$0.02

Comment

justinfreid

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2009
NEW Jersey / USA
Maybe this could have updated the story claiming there was going to be an event and the original pumped to the front.

It'll be sometime in September.

Comment

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8L1)

Cue the rumor debunking this rumor which debunked that rumor.

Comment

Jerome Morrow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I love MacRumors and I get that Rumors is in the name, but these constant contradicting stories that are being posted within hours of each other are starting to wear thin.

$0.02

In the page title it's "…rumours and news …". I'd like it to be more about news and something closer to rumors than this.

No ad clicks this time. Sorry.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.