Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoutboy1

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2007
Terrific! Thanks!

Now they are trying to back out of it, they said that it dosent included it even though they didn't included expressions in the parenthesis like exchange and support. Thats bogus it specifically states that its included. They said that a bunch of people have complained and they are going to make a decision in the next few days. Everyone call and let them know how you feel.

1-888-285-6247

plickfu

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2007
I just got a third e-mail telling me Office 2008 Special Media Edition is on back order, giving me the options of canceling or to continue waiting for it (cheeky bastards!). So, looks like they have yet to ship the full Special Media Edition(?).

jkwuc89

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Powell, OH
I ordered Microsoft® Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition back on Nov. 24th and my order status is indicating "Issue with order". I have received several e-mails from Microsoft indicating that this is back ordered. I just fired off an e-mail to officemacTG@one.microsoft.upgrade.com to check on its status. I'll post a reply here when I get a reply back from Microsoft.

TomGolden

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2007
El Dorado county, CA
Those who have received their are fortunate. I just checked the status of my order - dated November 18th, and it is still in "pending" status. Down at the very bottom of the order confirmation I see the following words of great encouragement:

"Please allow 6-8 weeks after general availability for delivery of your product.

General availability varies depending on the market and may range from January 15, 2008 through March 31, 2008."

So I could still be waiting another 2 months. Wheeeeeeeee............. :rolleyes:

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
My shipping date keeps getting pushed back, it was 2/15, now it's 3/3

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Wow, I just mailed my stuff today. Oh well, it's not like it a new version of OS X. :p

jkwuc89

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Powell, OH
Here is the reply I received from Microsoft regarding my Office order:

We apologize for any concern this status message may have caused. Please be assured that your proof of purchase materials have been received, and your order has been released to await shipment in roughly 6-8 weeks :eek:. The "issue" refers to the default back order status of all recently released orders for this offer.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
My CC was charged a couple of days ago, and I got a USPS shipping confirmation on 01/31/08. I am hoping it will be there when I get home today.

USPS status only says shipped on 01/31/08...

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
Got mine yesterday.

Ordered end of November (within a few days of Black Friday). Package was postmarked 1/30 and I received it yesterday, 2/5. (H&S edition.)

MikeT

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2005
Microsoft's website (upgrade.com) now says that I'm receiving Item Number FWA-00062 (OFFICE MAC MEDIA EDITION 2008 EN), due to be shipped on 03/03/08. I've previously seen the Media Edition listed only as Item # FWA-00013. Does anyone know the difference (if any) between FWA-00013 and FWA-00062? I googled "FWA-00062" but only came up with someone else asking the same question.

midorix

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2007
response posted on macmojo blog

Friday, January 25, 2008 10:11 AM by sherjo
# re: Office 2008 for Mac: BFD!
Hi there – sorry it took me some time to track the issues down. I'm on the road right now doing launch events (see http://www.apple.com/retail to see where I'll be next - I'm in NY today and Chicago tomorrow! Join if you can and be sure to introduce yourself.)

We've tracked down some hidden issues in the process, and the details you provided really helped us to pinpoint and fix things FAST. Please read the following to find out what happened, and what steps we've taken to fix it. Rest assured, if you sent in the proper materials and are qualified for Super Suite Deal and/or BFD, we're working overtime to make sure you get your order fulfilled. We're all committed to your having a great experience with this promotion and with the product!

Here's the scoop:

ISSUE #1 REBATE REJECTIONS ISSUES: Some of you had your BFD (Best Friday Deal) $100 rebate submission rejected - even in cases where you were sure you provided all the correct proof of purchase materials. Not cool! We jumped on it, and it turns out that there was a hiccup in our system; there is a discrepancy with how our product was named on some sales receipts which didn't match the product name in our system. For example, Office 2004 for Mac Student & Teacher Edition is also referred to as ”Microsoft Office2004 ACAD-USA” on some purchase receipts. This caused claims that should have been qualified to get rejected. Once we discovered this, we immediately started re-processing rejected submissions for second review. If you provided your email address in your rebate submission form you will be notified via automated email that your submission has been received (again). If your submission meets the necessary rebate proof of purchase requirements (per the original terms - did we originally get it on time, did you provide the right stuff, etc.) you’ll be notified via email when you rebate check is mailed. If you didn't provide an email address, you'll just get a check in the mail with our best wishes. :) We expect checks to be mailed by 2/5/08.”

ISSUE #2 NO ADDITIONAL STEPS FOR SUPER SUITE DEAL OFFICE 2008 FULFILLMENT: There has been a bunch of discussion and confusion in newsgroups and on some news outlets that Microsoft sent an email to Super Suite Deal participants requiring them to reply to the communication to get their copy of Office 2008. NOT SO - although the email in question could have been worded a little more carefully to avoid the confusion. :)

Now, I want to assure Super Suite Deal participants that there are NO ADDITIONAL STEPS required to getting your copy of Office 2008. If you completed your redemption form and sent in proof of purchase and shipping payment, that’s all you need to do. Product is expected to ship shortly, no later than March 11, 2008 and within the 6-8 weeks from availability indicated on the promotion rebate form.

Thank you all for participating in our offer, I hope this answers many of your questions and resolves your issues. Happy Thursday!

Sherjo

stoutboy1

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2007
the next question is about wether or not home\student eddition will recieve Expressions Media, or was that very poorly worded on the selection form as well? Both H\S and the expresions media are bolded on option #2. That leads most to belive they will recieve both... (it states clearly that they wont get exchange support or automator actions) A little definative clarification by someone would be nice.

Thanks

wesg

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, ON
What options are there for "Proof of Purchase"?

I don't think I can send in the actual box, so do you think a photocopy of the box top would work?

hempcamp

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2007
DC/VA
Touché, good sir. I have since found out that the top of the box is necessary, but thanks for the input. :)

Oooops! I think I only sent in the cut out portion of the top that contained the proof of purchase and such.

Uh oh. I guess I'll be living with 2004 for another 4 years like I did with the last version.

--Chris

PS -- Hunted down the website to check status. It doesn't tell me I didn't meet requirements, it just has the standard "Issue With Order." I guess that's a good sign.

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
i just took the scissors to the top of my box and cut out the bar code and it was accepted. you dont need to send the whole oddly shaped top of the box.

I just wanted the student teacher edition which finally shipped a few days ago. I'm patiently tracking its progress to me here in Canada on the purolator website (it left Detroit on the 6th :) )

chillywilly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2005
Salt Lake City
Finally got a reply from MS on the status of my order:

"Your order has been released to await shipment. Due to the higher than expected volume of orders for this offer, we are unable to provide a firm ship date. We are fulfilling these orders on a first come, first served basis, and we are currently providing a post-release 6-8 week estimate for shipment, as listed on the online coupon."

So I wait some more.

MikeT

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2005
Due to the higher than expected volume of orders for this offer, we are unable to provide a firm ship date. We are fulfilling these orders on a first come, first served basis, and we are currently providing a post-release 6-8 week estimate for shipment, as listed on the online coupon."
Let's see, March 11 is exactly 8 weeks after "general availability January 15, 2008." My order is now scheduled for March 10 (after having been pushed back multiple times). Wow, MSFT, kudos for the prompt service! :rolleyes:

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
+1

I called them three weeks ago and was advised to resubmit my claim online and include a note with my proof of purchase saying that I had already sent in my 2004 box top. Still no word nor email...:(

Still no email but my credit card was charged $7.57 last Tuesday (2/12/08) so it looks like it will just show up any time now...:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.