Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

gibbz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Twitter for iPad released ... finally.

gesture+-+author+details.PNG

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
For anyone who tries it out, here is a tip: Swipe left and right to move the panels around. It took me awhile to figure it out, but once I did, the app is awesome!

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ya, even for those who aren't twitter fans... the iPad app is really nice, and shows some really interesting interface features that are specific to the tablet form factor. I remember when the iPad was first coming out, people would say -- wait until there are apps that start taking advantage of a large touch screen. I'd say this is one of them.

arn

jll62

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
This has now become one of the first apps I'll be showing people when they ask me why they should buy an iPad. I'm floored by how great this app is. I didn't think a Twitter app for iPad was needed because I could just use the web...I was wrong. Love the interface. Love the integration.

stana2z

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2007
Oxnard, CA
New version CRASHES on iPod touch whenever a tweet is selected. Hoping I can revert back before any more damage is done. Apparently, this app is NOT universal, as advertised.

David Ormesher

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
I wanted an iPad before watching that video…and now I'm going to sell things tomorrow to get an iPad…because for that app alone and iOS4 on the iPad…it's worth it.

…until they do an iPad refresh on the hardware, grr, keep waiting

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
New version CRASHES on iPod touch whenever a tweet is selected. Hoping I can revert back before any more damage is done. Apparently, this app is NOT universal, as advertised.

More proof that the iPad is not just a big iPod touch.

Hattig

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2003
London, UK
ya, even for those who aren't twitter fans... the iPad app is really nice, and shows some really interesting interface features that are specific to the tablet form factor. I remember when the iPad was first coming out, people would say -- wait until there are apps that start taking advantage of a large touch screen. I'd say this is one of them.

arn

I hope that some of these UI features find their way into the iOS iPad Cocoa Touch libraries for everyone to use. I expect right now that Twitter has implemented their own custom interface elements to allow this interface. It does look really good though, who could have thought that twitter could demand such an application! Twitter - saved by URL shorteners.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
I like it, but so far I am still preferring flipboard. Though it is obviously more useful for posting tweets.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
That looks a LOT like 10GUI: windows don't come on top of each other, but appear next to one another and you're able to scroll between them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWz1KbknIZk

I'm sure the Twitter people used that idea!
It's great to see this new multi-touch interface working nicely on the iPad!

ksgant

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Chicago
I like it, but so far I am still preferring flipboard. Though it is obviously more useful for posting tweets.

Flipboard is way to slow still. Takes forever to load up and then go gather all the tweets. It needs more work.

darkpaw

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
London, England
I may be missing something but how do you close the window you get when you click a link in a tweet? Swiping right only seems to move it right.
Yeah, I second that. The only way I've found is to select something else from the accounts pane, such as "Mentions", then select "Timeline" again.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Yeah, I second that. The only way I've found is to select something else from the accounts pane, such as "Mentions", then select "Timeline" again.

Seems to be an oversight on their part. It's also annoying as I don't want the window there when I'm done reading it.

stujmac26

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
Seems to be an oversight on their part. It's also annoying as I don't want the window there when I'm done reading it.

Drag the top panel (above the horizontal line) to the right and it moves across then eventually shifts off screen - very nifty

Or just press the timeline symbol again

carmenodie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
I got my ipad 16 gig wifi + 3G two weeks ago and it is freaking awesome. I already have Pages and Numbers. Damn! I work in a hotel and we have to check all accounts on each shift to make sure everything is up to date like authorizations etc. Man I was able to create a check list within minute using Numbers. Effing fast, smart and all with the fingers. Sorry for sounding like a damn advertisement but Apple has this tablet game sewn up so I'm walking on a cloud man!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.