Official Twitter for iPad released

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by gibbz, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

For anyone who tries it out, here is a tip: Swipe left and right to move the panels around. It took me awhile to figure it out, but once I did, the app is awesome!

2. sethypoo macrumors 68000

I'm getting loads of crashes whenever I try to open a webpage. It also won't remember my login info...

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

ya, even for those who aren't twitter fans... the iPad app is really nice, and shows some really interesting interface features that are specific to the tablet form factor. I remember when the iPad was first coming out, people would say -- wait until there are apps that start taking advantage of a large touch screen. I'd say this is one of them.

arn

4. ventro macrumors 6502a

5. jll62 macrumors regular

This has now become one of the first apps I'll be showing people when they ask me why they should buy an iPad. I'm floored by how great this app is. I didn't think a Twitter app for iPad was needed because I could just use the web...I was wrong. Love the interface. Love the integration.

6. stana2z macrumors newbie

stana2z

New version CRASHES on iPod touch whenever a tweet is selected. Hoping I can revert back before any more damage is done. Apparently, this app is NOT universal, as advertised.

7. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

Looks good, will have to give it a try later.

8. David Ormesher macrumors newbie

I wanted an iPad before watching that video…and now I'm going to sell things tomorrow to get an iPad…because for that app alone and iOS4 on the iPad…it's worth it.

…until they do an iPad refresh on the hardware, grr, keep waiting

9. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

More proof that the iPad is not just a big iPod touch.

10. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Will have to play with it awhile to determine if it's better than TweetDeck … If it is better, I'll probably switch to it.

11. djhash macrumors newbie

This reminds me alot of 10/GUI..

http://vimeo.com/6712657

Watch from 3:40 (if you don't want to see the whole thing.)

12. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

So true! Your comment made me laugh out loud :D

13. Hattig macrumors 65816

I hope that some of these UI features find their way into the iOS iPad Cocoa Touch libraries for everyone to use. I expect right now that Twitter has implemented their own custom interface elements to allow this interface. It does look really good though, who could have thought that twitter could demand such an application! Twitter - saved by URL shorteners.

14. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I've been looking forward to this app since it hit iPhone.

15. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I like it, but so far I am still preferring flipboard. Though it is obviously more useful for posting tweets.

16. The_Roo macrumors member

I may be missing something but how do you close the window you get when you click a link in a tweet? Swiping right only seems to move it right.

17. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

That looks a LOT like 10GUI: windows don't come on top of each other, but appear next to one another and you're able to scroll between them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWz1KbknIZk

I'm sure the Twitter people used that idea!
    It's great to see this new multi-touch interface working nicely on the iPad!

18. mBox macrumors 68020

19. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

Flipboard is way to slow still. Takes forever to load up and then go gather all the tweets. It needs more work.

20. darkpaw macrumors 6502

darkpaw

Yeah, I second that. The only way I've found is to select something else from the accounts pane, such as "Mentions", then select "Timeline" again.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seems to be an oversight on their part. It's also annoying as I don't want the window there when I'm done reading it.

22. Greg McBride macrumors regular

Greg McBride

Deleting DMs?

Has anyone figured out how to delete a DM?

23. stujmac26 macrumors regular

Drag the top panel (above the horizontal line) to the right and it moves across then eventually shifts off screen - very nifty

Or just press the timeline symbol again

24. carmenodie macrumors 6502a

I got my ipad 16 gig wifi + 3G two weeks ago and it is freaking awesome. I already have Pages and Numbers. Damn! I work in a hotel and we have to check all accounts on each shift to make sure everything is up to date like authorizations etc. Man I was able to create a check list within minute using Numbers. Effing fast, smart and all with the fingers. Sorry for sounding like a damn advertisement but Apple has this tablet game sewn up so I'm walking on a cloud man!