Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

straff2002

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2008
Due to huge demand, all iPhones we have in stock last week have been sold out. We don't foresee getting any new stock at the present time. Therefore, we are unable to full fill your order and we will issue a full refund for you shortly.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

The Ohmac Sales Team
OHMAC.CO.UK LTD
http://www.ohmac.co.uk
Tel: +44 151 291 1727
Fax:+44 151 733 0522

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rigsby

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
First off, I admit I'm not a customer, but hope I've contributed positively enough to the Ohmac threads for you all to let me off.

Ohmac says:
Due to huge demand, all iPhones we have in stock last week have been sold out. We don't foresee getting any new stock at the present time. Therefore, we are unable to full fill your order and we will issue a full refund for you shortly.

I think Ohmac means:
Due to our monumental pricing cock up, we've lost a lot of money on the few iPhones we did manage to get. There's no way we are doing that again. Have your money back.

I don't know if it's just me, but wouldn't it be nice if they actually said 'Sorry' somewhere?

dundeecake

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
Hi,

just looking for an update with the German guy, did you get your phone?

No, not yet. However I am not at home for the weekend. To be fair, international deliveries from the UK usually take at least 5 days. So, I expect it for Monday, Tuesday.

Quote from Royal Mail:

Your item, posted on 20/08/08 with reference RxxxxxxxxxxGB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in GERMANY.

Have a nice weekend, I´ll post more infos, once the phone is here.

dundeecake

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
It is here! :):):)

The phone was delivered today. I took some pictures. The phone works perfect with the Sim-x IV adapter.
Seems like Ohmac was legit after all....

Cheers,

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 112
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 113
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 104

straff2002

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2008
Congrats Dundeecake!
I have told ohmac I am happy to wait so hopefully it won't take too long for mine to come into ohmacs hands and then on to me!

dundeecake

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
No, they just taped it up. It was the phone in the original box and a sticker saying not to press the update button.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I have told ohmac I am happy to wait so hopefully it won't take too long for mine to come into ohmacs hands and then on to me!
I thought that they cancelled your order and indicated that they would be issuing a refund.

Their email to you (that you copied and pasted above at No. 126) made it sound as if they might be ceasing iPhone sales. Perhaps I misunderstood it.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
It is here! :):):)

The phone was delivered today. I took some pictures. The phone works perfect with the Sim-x IV adapter.
Seems like Ohmac was legit after all....

Cheers,

What city / country are you located?

For everyone else, the "pre-order price" is £159
http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cach...eorder&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us&client=safari
Pre-order Apple iPhone 3G, just £159. Faster connection and more affordable. We also provide Apple Mac repair service based in Liverpool, Merseyside, serving North West region and throughout the UK. Visit our web site at <snip> or call us on 0151 291 1727 Mon-Fri 8:30am-15:30pm

Also, if you know where to look, you would see that this guy have not sold a single iPhone 3G.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Is it possible that as a certified apple technician, phil from ohmac actually repairs faulty 3g iphones for apple. he has a stock of parts that allow him to repair them and when phones come in that are beyond repair( or he lie's to apple about its condition), its easier for apple to send brand new ones out, so phil refurshishes them and sells them on to us?
That would account for the slow trickle of phones being sent out.

Even Apple Stores do NOT repair iPhones in house. Think about that.

Anyone can claim anything on the internet, but untrue claims or speculations are usually easy to see through.

bambibom

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2008
I ordered last day of the campaign, end of June. Today they emailed last weeks phones gone, no new ones at sight, money will be refunded.

dundeecake

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I ordered last day of the campaign, end of June. Today they emailed last weeks phones gone, no new ones at sight, money will be refunded.

Do you mean that you placed an order during the special pre-order promotion period?

If so, it looks like they don't want to supply any more iPhones at the special offer price, or are they cancelling later orders as well.

Can anyone clarify this?

ishopukisfake

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
I'm still suspicious about those who have claimed to have received goods from ohmac, the photo's look pretty well done though so it is possible.
However, even if ohmac have sent out a limited supply, how on earth did they get them, and sell them within the uk without contract violating apple and o2's contract deal?
There must be shenanigans somewhere along the line, which means the phones are probably accounted as lost or stolen by o2 and apple (if there are any sent out). There is a chance this little batch could be blocked when the serials are traced also, leaving you in possession of hot property which no longer works.

ohmac has now said it doesn't foresee any new stock coming in, which is another way of saying the game is rumbled.

Really - non contract 3G in the uk violates apple's official contract with o2, there is NO WAY ohmac or any other business could be getting legitimate "batches" from apple or o2 to sell onto customers without contract.
I hope people understand that.

Which means what ohmac has been doing is very risky, and it wouldn't be wise to buy from them imo.

As someone said before, there is only records of ohmac selling the occasional ipod through their ebay logs, all the others sales have been hidden private. So no evidence of any substantial sale either

ohmac now says it does not foresee anymore future stock - so anyone STILL willing to wait has to be an ohmac stooge

ohmac has now ended sales via papal and therefor credit cards, and is asking for payment upfront without guarantee of refund.

Anyone who has genuinely ordered from ohmac would do well to seek a refund as soon as possible, and hope that ohmac hasn't closed their paypal account or removed all funds, then its unlikely you'll get a refund.

ohmac tries to give the impression of being apple certified, but it isn't. The owner has an apple certificate which means he did some training with them. God only know where he has been getting the stock from.
Especially with something as active and accessible as a phone, I wouldn't want a hot one with a traceable serial.

In the end it is best to go legit, when the pay as you go version comes out in december it will apparently cost £10 a month anyway for the unlimited data and then another £10 a month minimum top up - which as some others have commented on other forums, is hardly non contract. It makes the option of a low level contract not that much different, and there is the ease not not having to worry about topping up. As with all these mobile companies there not going to offer a package which radically reduces the price, in the end the difference is little between any option.

Nicholas.C

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2008
I'm still suspicious about those who have claimed to have received goods from ohmac, the photo's look pretty well done though so it is possible.
However, even if ohmac have sent out a limited supply, how on earth did they get them, and sell them within the uk without contract violating apple and o2's contract deal?
There must be shenanigans somewhere along the line, which means the phones are probably accounted as lost or stolen by o2 and apple (if there are any sent out). There is a chance this little batch could be blocked when the serials are traced also, leaving you in possession of hot property which no longer works.

ohmac has now said it doesn't foresee any new stock coming in, which is another way of saying the game is rumbled.

Really - non contract 3G in the uk violates apple's official contract with o2, there is NO WAY ohmac or any other business could be getting legitimate "batches" from apple or o2 to sell onto customers without contract.
I hope people understand that.

Which means what ohmac has been doing is very risky, and it wouldn't be wise to buy from them imo.

As someone said before, there is only records of ohmac selling the occasional ipod through their ebay logs, all the others sales have been hidden private. So no evidence of any substantial sale either

ohmac now says it does not foresee anymore future stock - so anyone STILL willing to wait has to be an ohmac stooge

ohmac has now ended sales via papal and therefor credit cards, and is asking for payment upfront without guarantee of refund.

Anyone who has genuinely ordered from ohmac would do well to seek a refund as soon as possible, and hope that ohmac hasn't closed their paypal account or removed all funds, then its unlikely you'll get a refund.

ohmac tries to give the impression of being apple certified, but it isn't. The owner has an apple certificate which means he did some training with them. God only know where he has been getting the stock from.
Especially with something as active and accessible as a phone, I wouldn't want a hot one with a traceable serial.

In the end it is best to go legit, when the pay as you go version comes out in december it will apparently cost £10 a month anyway for the unlimited data and then another £10 a month minimum top up - which as some others have commented on other forums, is hardly non contract. It makes the option of a low level contract not that much different, and there is the ease not not having to worry about topping up. As with all these mobile companies there not going to offer a package which radically reduces the price, in the end the difference is little between any option.

go suck my ?!?!?!?!

i'm not sure either where he gets them form.. but if his getting them, his getting them..he works in the apple store ;)

ishopukisfake

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
go suck my ?!?!?!?!

i'm not sure either where he gets them form.. but if his getting them, his getting them..he works in the apple store ;)

Wow that was the comment of an angry adolescent, congrats - you deserve not to get an one with that stinking attitude

There is no way ohmac is Legit in anyway, no business is allowed to sell iphones officially other than o2 store, apple store and CPW - maybe you are just confused and think ohmac is endorsed by apple, which you could be fooled to thinking looking at the deceptive ohmac website

ishopukisfake

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
Do you mean that you placed an order during the special pre-order promotion period?

If so, it looks like they don't want to supply any more iPhones at the special offer price, or are they cancelling later orders as well.

Can anyone clarify this?

:rolleyes: oh geesh, look with your eyes, two people above have confirmed emails from ohmac saying they wont be getting anymore iphone stock in, why are you trying to drag it out?

OBVIOUSLY, ohmac has realized they can't do this anymore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.