Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
So annoyed. Got a shipping notice last night with a tracking number, but it never entered UPS's system after the label was generated. Someone at Amazon must have not put it on the truck. (Or stuck it in their own car. :( )

UPS has confirmed they never got a package with that tracking number. Amazon, meanwhile, says "give it until the 15th and if it doesn't show up, we can issue a refund." I don't want a refund, I want my discounted MBA.

:sigh:

Same with me. :(

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
My 13" 128GB MacBook Air saga has finally come to a close. Ordered 8/10/2011 and received yesterday.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Have you talked to Amazon customer service yet? Curious as to what they told you.

They said that they shipped by UPS Next Day Air Saver (which is what is shown on UPS website) and that it should arrive by 7:00 pm. They said that sometimes this tracking info doesn't show up until the item is delivered. If I don't receive it today, they'll refund the $3.99 Prime next day shipping charge and to call them if I don't have it by the 15th.

dennya

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Seattle-ish
They said that they shipped by UPS Next Day Air Saver (which is what is shown on UPS website) and that it should arrive by 7:00 pm. They said that sometimes this tracking info doesn't show up until the item is delivered. If I don't receive it today, they'll refund the $3.99 Prime next day shipping charge and to call them if I don't have it by the 15th.
Interesting. I whined on Twitter and the @UPSHelp account, on the other hand, said that even if the package had missed the initial scan, it would have shown up as a "departure" and "out for delivery" on their scan system. If it's not showing up in tracking, UPS doesn't have the package, according to them.

I'd be overjoyed if they do show up with a package today. But my guess is that either Amazon printed the labels and didn't get them on the truck yesterday, or that something else happened to them in the warehouse.

I'll post either way tonight...

minnus

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2011
Interesting. I whined on Twitter and the @UPSHelp account, on the other hand, said that even if the package had missed the initial scan, it would have shown up as a "departure" and "out for delivery" on their scan system. If it's not showing up in tracking, UPS doesn't have the package, according to them.

I'd be overjoyed if they do show up with a package today. But my guess is that either Amazon printed the labels and didn't get them on the truck yesterday, or that something else happened to them in the warehouse.

Very strange - my tracking became available about 4 hours after the notice was originally sent.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX

7:15 pm and no Air, and my tracking info shows no new information. :(

Lek

macrumors member
May 27, 2009
Just go my 13" mba
The screen sucks compared to my 17 mbpro and my wife's 13 mbpro. Bad contrast and yellowish - I'll try calibrating but I had an 11" mba that sucked the same way.
It is a samsung according to the code - LTH133BT01A03 - though the manuf. code says 0610, 9CF0
I returned my 11" mba hoping for a better screen, and it is a BIT better, but...

edit - i just found someone's color profile and it made it look way better....
edit update - still doesn't look so great - thinking of going back to 13 mbpro

Last edited:

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Just go my 13" mba
The screen sucks compared to my 17 mbpro and my wife's 13 mbpro. Bad contrast and yellowish - I'll try calibrating but I had an 11" mba that sucked the same way.
It is a samsung according to the code - LTH133BT01A03 - though the manuf. code says 0610, 9CF0
I returned my 11" mba hoping for a better screen, and it is a BIT better, but...

edit - i just found someone's color profile and it made it look way better....

Mine is really nice and white. It's no match for my 17" MBP though. I wasn't expecting it to be though.

-Maxim-

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2011
ordered base 13" (128/4) on 08/24.
Yesterday in the evening I got the tracking number and today around 4pm UPS delivered.

Changer charges, SD-reader works, have to test my usb ports now ;)

I have a LTH133BT01A03 display (Samsung right?) and a Samsung SSD. I'm just happy!!

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
My Air's wifi was freaking out when my minidisplay to hdmi cable was connected, updated to 10.7.1 and the new EFI, seems to be all good now.

dennya

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Seattle-ish
Amazon's response to my label-printed-but-not-in-the-system MacBook Air is that "sometimes packages take longer and usually they arrive within a couple of days." The reps aren't getting that it's not even in UPS's system, other than the label having been printed, so it's not "delayed," it was never picked up. They refunded my $3.99 overnight fee, whoop.

If it doesn't arrive by end-of-day on the 15th, then they'll act on it. By which time I bet they'll be out of 13/256s again.

What an annoying saga this has been. I was content to wait the month to save $310, and I didn't complain about that, but when they won't deal with their obvious shipping screwup when UPS confirms they don't have the package, that's super-irritating. Particularly given the staggering amount we spend with them each year, due to Amazon Prime.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Amazon's response to my label-printed-but-not-in-the-system MacBook Air is that "sometimes packages take longer and usually they arrive within a couple of days." The reps aren't getting that it's not even in UPS's system, other than the label having been printed, so it's not "delayed," it was never picked up. They refunded my $3.99 overnight fee, whoop.

If it doesn't arrive by end-of-day on the 15th, then they'll act on it. By which time I bet they'll be out of 13/256s again.

What an annoying saga this has been. I was content to wait the month to save $310, and I didn't complain about that, but when they won't deal with their obvious shipping screwup when UPS confirms they don't have the package, that's super-irritating. Particularly given the staggering amount we spend with them each year, due to Amazon Prime.
I've been given the wrong tracking number by Apple/Amazon a few times. You should try the track by reference feature of UPS.

shznit

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2010
Ok so I was wrong. I have a Samsung LCD and three dead pixels, one of which is not as bad as the other two.

Do I take a chance at getting the screen replaced and risk getting an LG?

Last edited:

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
Ok so I was wrong. I have a Samsung LCD and three dead pixels, one of which is not as bad as the other two.

Do I take a chance at getting the screen replaced and risk getting a Toshiba?

difference between the LG and Samsung isn't that great so I'd go for it if the dead pixies bother you

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
CA
Ordered on 8/10

I ordered MBA 13/256/4gb on 8/10, received it today, of course, I paid for expedited shipping.

Its Samsung SSD, LG Display, very pleased with the MBA.

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Does anyone know where to get 13" MBA cheaper?

Obviously not as cheap as this Amazon 20% off coupon, but you can try other Apple authorized resellers such as MacMall.com. If you intend to buy from MacMall, I humbly suggest going to that online store using the AppleInsider referrer links for an additional 3% discount.

Good luck. :)

elau982

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Thanks. After searching around, I found out macconnection.com has 13" MBA for $1249 + 3% off discount = $1212. Of course cant compare to 20% off from amazon. But I am still looking around to see if there is another deal better than this one.

By the way, does anyone want to sell your 13" MBA? I will consider buying it if the price is reasonable. Lets me know. Thanks!

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Should be getting my Macbook Air tomorrow. Can't wait. And I contacted Amazon for my discount. Should get it in 3 to 5 days. Everything worked out perfect.

franko v

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
Arizona
Thanks so much

Received my 13"/256 Air today - I did have to go to UPS to retrieve, but it's finally in my hands.

I actually returned my original air after reading the OP's message. Even though I was outside the 14-day return window, Apple still took it back.

I saved over $400 -

The toughest part was waiting just over a month!

Unfortunately, I had missed utilizing it for an important two week period - I ended up having to succumb and use PPT (yuck!) - but now my baby's back!

So thanks again OP - you saved me so much money, if the rumors are true about the Sprint iPhone, I can now use that saved money toward my first iPhone!

Much appreciation!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.