OS X El Capitan on Unsupported Macs

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by TMRJIJ, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. atvusr macrumors 6502

atvusr

No, because macOS 10.12 Sierra requires the SSE4.1 CPU instruction set which is only supported by the 2008 'Penryn' CPU models or newer.

2. skyfly555 macrumors member

skyfly555

Hello, friends!

I'm just writing from my Sierra Acer 5315 hackintosh (GMA X3100, upgraded to Core2Duo Penryn T9300).
    TRMJIJ, and the rest of OS X Hackers: Thank You :)

OS X Hackers' GMA X3100 kexts (downloaded from here: http://dl.osxhackers.net/Kexts/GMA X3100 Kext Installer.pkg) work as good as they work with El Capitan.

I wonder what these kexts are, if somebody can tell it to me: http://dl.osxhackers.net/Kexts/Beta/GMA X3100 Kexts.pkg.

It's an absurdity to see how an old Acer laptop can be a better macOS machine than a Real Mac :(

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-14 a las 17.47.06.png

3. tidal macrumors newbie

tidal

I'm trying to get El Capitan installed on a Mac mini 2,1 and I'm using MCPF 2.0.1 and I'm stuck with the installer rebooting halfway through and never finishing. I've tried different methods of creating the MCPF external disk with no luck. Even tried replacing the boot.efi with Pike's. I also tried macOS Extractor 1.4.5 beta 5 with even worse luck. I've read through a lot of pages but not all and can't find a solution. Tried looking at the install.log with no luck except font errors.

What could I be missing? Would someone point me to a post if there is one?

4. hellix macrumors newbie

Hello. Tell me please, is it possible to install El capitan by method 2 on macbook 4,1 (2008)?

5. bbnck macrumors regular

Jee, 667 MHz memory! What year is this machine from?

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.