Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I'm glad that my top pick is definitely out for the rest of the season with an ACL tear (J. Charles) and my second pick will have nothing to play for if/when he returns (P. Manning). Oh well, time to forget about this season.

Tough injury for Charles, and a huge bummer for those who picked him first (and for the Chiefs).

My first pick is acting like he sat out all of preseason. Hopefully he'll start earning that big payday they gave him. Luckily, my second RB is acting like a first round pick.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
A matchup truly worth the hype and all the smack talk that went along with it. Well played Jaffa, but alas, my prediction has become reality. :)

Screen shot 2011-09-19 at 10.33.39 AM.png

You and Moyank can support each other during the grieving process, but look on the bright side, unlike her you can move on. She will have to face me again in week 13. ;)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Well played Jaffa, but alas, my prediction has become reality. :)
As did mine – as I said during the week, there was no doubt at all in my mind that you'd win the match.

Mind, I couldn't help but notice the difference in points. It stands at a nice round 15, and without the Stafford trade (which as mentioned previously smells fishier to me than the Meff Park changing rooms ;)) had you started with your Week 1 quarter back Freeman I'd have won the match by four points. :D

But there we go. :p

Anyway, on the subject of predictions – two weeks in and we've all had the chance to see how teams are shaping up and which players are bloody useless. Anyone care to stick their necks out and predict how they think their divisions will turn out?

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Speaking of trades. I'm about to approve the one on the table between you and swiftaw seeing as how the two of you have already mutually agreed. I'm quite puzzled by it, but like we discussed previously, it's not my place to judge. It's a two for one and not unbalanced.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Hey guys, apparently I can't approve the trade until this week's games are completed. So, it should go through tomorrow after the Monday night game is over. Sorry for the delay.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
After Roethlisberger's 20 point day, and Newtons performance against the Packers nonetheless, starting Newton over Roethlisberger is looking like a better option. Hopefully Newton's ankle will hold up.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
After Roethlisberger's 20 point day, and Newtons performance against the Packers nonetheless, starting Newton over Roethlisberger is looking like a better option. Hopefully Newton's ankle will hold up.

If you had told me you were thinking of starting Cam Newton as your fantasy QB over Ben R. before three weeks ago I would have said you were crazy! It's so weird how fantasy can change things up.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
If you had told me you were thinking of starting Cam Newton as your fantasy QB over Ben R. before three weeks ago I would have said you were crazy! It's so weird how fantasy can change things up.

Tell me about.... (Yes I am from the other league :D). Tell me about, Cam was on fire! Lets see how he does in the following weeks.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC

Yup, all depends on the Ankle though, he was in a boot today. If only my WR were more productive :/ When I found out Bryant wash't playing it was already too late.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
Tough injury for Charles, and a huge bummer for those who picked him first (and for the Chiefs).
Injuries certainly seem to be racking up. Could the fact that pre-season training was shortened by the lock out be a factor, players aren't quite 100% fit yet and as such are more injury prone at the moment?

I'll pop down to the medical room and ask Matron for her thoughts once she's done sawing bits off Miles Austin – he's out as well.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Would any of you trade Deangelo Williams for Tomlinson? I have an offer from someone in another league, and seeing how Williams hasnt done crap for me so far, I have thought about the deal.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
Would any of you trade Deangelo Williams for Tomlinson? I have an offer from someone in another league, and seeing how Williams hasnt done crap for me so far, I have thought about the deal.
As in LaDainian Tomlinson? I have the creaky old duffer myself, and I haven't had much from him in the first two weeks.

If you want to, I'd be up for swapping the players between us in this League, assuming it's considered a level trade of course. Neither has pulled any trees up so far, but you never know - a change of scenery might do both good. ;)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
The Jets plan on using Tomlinson as their third down back giving Shonn Greene the bulk of the carries so I don't think he's good for FF this season.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
Did you notice that I said I have Williams in "another" league :confused:
Sorry — I did, but also worked on the assumption that you had him in this league too. So I proposed a trade. Which got accepted by ECUpirate44, who is Williams' owner in this League. :p

See, you'll soon learn that I lurch from one managerial misunderstanding to another. It's how I roll. :D

Anyway, it looks like ECUpirate44 has answered your question indirectly...

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Hey Cake, wanna make a little side wager on our game this week? Say you send me Jaffa Cakes if I win and I'll send you <insert desired item here> in the unlikely event you win. :D

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
You'll be winning this one I reckon, my Meffs are in a state of disarray as it stands...

EDIT: Hmm. Seems the ESPN projections disagree, they have me down for a narrow win. That's you for an easy victory, then. :D

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
Heh. My Meffs have been hopelessly inept so far this week, aside from the talismanic Big Vern who's doing okay. I brought Mohamed Massaquoi in to replace the crocked Miles Austin, but the only thing the Cleveland player has caught so far this week is a nasty rash off one of the Meffette cheerleaders.

Bloody useless Meffs. :rolleyes:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
Do you know – I take it back. A late flourish – including a touchdown from the boy Massaquoi – has seen my tally rise pleasingly. It looks as well as though rdowns has neglected to swap out the injured Gates from his starting line up, which will help my cause.

Despite all this my team are, however, still bloody useless Meffs. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.