Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nil.Recurring

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2007
I haven't ordered a computer online before so there's something I wanted to clarify. Will I need to sign the delivery when it comes along?

If so, this might be an issue for me because I live in University Halls and I'm usually out during the day for classes. Is there anything that I can do about this?

Normally, when I order something, the delivery guy just leaves it at the reception which then notify me and I go pick it up. But a computer is obviously much more expensive, so i dunno, will Apple require a signature?

fenman

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2009
UK
My experience:

I have waited for the skies in Europe to re-open before ordering on the 25th. The Apple store sent me a "shipped" email on the 30th, but the carrier or a tracking number was not assigned until the 5th May, by which time it turned out to be already in the UK and scheduled for delivery on the 6th (today). I have just got an email from someone in the office to say its there. It was a "merge in transit UK" order, 17"CTO and Apple remote. The initial delivery due date was given as 14-16 May when ordering so overall quite happy with them.

ted5

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
Finally....

Just checked the TNT status on my shipment and it is finally out for delivery:) Almost 3,5 weeks of waiting is finally coming to an end.

Heres is the strange route TNT chose for my shipment after beeing picked up in the terrible merge hub (might be interesting to other Norwegians ordering from Apple and going trough the merge part):

06 May 2010 09:07:25 Oslo Out For Delivery.
06 May 2010 08:51:45 Oslo Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
06 May 2010 06:10:45 Oslo Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
06 May 2010 05:22:09 Oslo Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
04 May 2010 20:22:19 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
04 May 2010 19:39:00 Eindhoven Shipment In Transit.
04 May 2010 19:02:07 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
04 May 2010 19:01:13 Arnhem Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
04 May 2010 18:58:23 Arnhem Hub Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
04 May 2010 12:16:04 Eindhoven Shipment In Transit.
04 May 2010 07:00:00 Oslo Delay Due To Authorities. Recovery Action Underway

Good luck to the people out there still waiting.

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
Congratulations on your second MBP.

Me, still waiting for delivery on my first ever MBP ( ordered on the 16th ! )

Just shows what a load of rubbish this "merge in NL" is!

Mine still said 'merge in GB' even when it was being delivered by UPS to my door. I had a tracking number for the other bits but not for the MBP at the time. Everything arrived 2 days ago and now all that wait time has almost been forgotten. Apple status messages are well confusing. May as well not have any at all!

7000user

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
The Netherlands
Congratulations on your second MBP.

Me, still waiting for delivery on my first ever MBP ( ordered on the 16th ! )

Just shows what a load of rubbish this "merge in NL" is!

I also orded on the 16th, I made the mistake ordering from a premium seller! They don't give you ANY info, im so freaking pissed right now!
The excuse they're giving me is that the delay is caused because of the new models, yeah right!:mad:

Though it's a 15' i7, HR Glossy, 7200 rpm, think the most popular laptop, but still!

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2008
Berlin
I also orded on the 16th, I made the mistake ordering from a premium seller! They don't give you ANY info, im so freaking pissed right now!
The excuse they're giving me is that the delay is caused because of the new models, yeah right!:mad:

Though it's a 15' i7, HR Glossy, 7200 rpm, think the most popular laptop, but still!
Yep that sucks. I ordered one on the 13th (CTO High Res), one on the 26th (CTO) and got them both. Can't they give a at least the tracking number ?

7000user

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
The Netherlands
Yep that sucks. I ordered one on the 13th (CTO High Res), one on the 26th (CTO) and got them both. Can't they give a at least the tracking number ?

So jealous right now! No, they say they don't have a tracking number or something, I just find it weird. I mean these days everthing is trackable, so why not for a premium seller..?!
Why did you returned your High Res?

Edit: Missed the signature link

Laurianne

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010

We have exactly the same problem... Here in France, resellers don't give any information either. Yesterday the salesman told me the delay was due to the volcano! Who are they kidding?!:confused:

I think APR are not the main priority for Apple...
Maybe we will have our MBP next week, or in two weeks or in three... it sucks!!

qwerty2k

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2007
My MacBook Pro (15" base model with high res glossy screen) has been delivered to me in the uk, orderd on the 28th delivered today....too bad im at work for the next 2 hours so have to wait to play with it :(

ted5

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
I finally received mine. I really love it and hope that you all receive yours soon.

pepepaco

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2010
Straight of Gibraltar, Spain
Just checked the TNT status on my shipment and it is finally out for delivery:) Almost 3,5 weeks of waiting is finally coming to an end.

Same here - finally looks like my MBP is about to be delivered too, after a loooong wait with no info:

06 May 2010 07:49:23 Sevilla Onforwarded For Delivery
06 May 2010 07:34:37 Sevilla Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
05 May 2010 09:24:47 Madrid Intl Road Hub Shipment In Transit.
05 May 2010 09:24:45 Madrid Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
04 May 2010 00:01:00 Eindhoven Shipment In Transit.
03 May 2010 17:43:31 Arnhem Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
03 May 2010 16:36:07 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
03 May 2010 16:36:04 Arnhem Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.

I wish I could say it's been a pleasant experience buying a laptop from Apple, but quite honestly it hasn't.
I'm left with this nagging feeling that Apple never told me the full story as far as the delivery time is concerned, particularly about the infamous "merge in NL" situation.

This leaves me with a sensation that I cannot fully trust Apple, especially when they say "ships in 24 hours" for example, and not providing any tracking information (only for the last couple of days).

NEW BUYERS REMEMBER: DON'T ORDER ACCESSORIES WITH YOUR MACBOOK PRO!!!

God Bless - and enjoy....

Azathoth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
Same here - finally looks like my MBP is about to be delivered too, after a loooong wait with no info:

This leaves me with a sensation that I cannot fully trust Apple, especially when they say "ships in 24 hours" for example, and not providing any tracking information (only for the last couple of days).

Glad you got yours - I agree esp through a premium reseller - where you get 0 info. The shipping dates from the Apple Store are just bogus.

qwerty2k

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2007
Just got home and unboxed mine etc, fupping love it, screen is ridiculously bright and vivid compared to my late 2007 whitebook! love love love it, hang in there people its worth it.

Sharky II

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom
my CTO mbp 15inch 2.53ghz w/ hi res AG screen and 7200rpm drive (with accessories, vga/dvi adaptors) is supposed to arrive on Tuesday at the latest (thursday 6th at the earliest), but it still says 'prepared for shipment'. it's been like that for a few days

i assume it's not going to arrive by tuesday then? :(

7000user

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
The Netherlands
We have exactly the same problem... Here in France, resellers don't give any information either. Yesterday the salesman told me the delay was due to the volcano! Who are they kidding?!:confused:

I think APR are not the main priority for Apple...
Maybe we will have our MBP next week, or in two weeks or in three... it sucks!!

They just make up excuses. It would be a strange thing if APR weren't a main priority, I mean in Europe the only thing besides the Apple Online stores are the APR, except for some countries, they might have one or two.

I really hope next week, if it''s going to be more then next week, so 4 weeks, then i'm going to claim something, like apple care discount:D , or is that not possible?

Laurianne

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
That's exactly what I was thinking!!
Another APR told me that they received 30 new MBP so mine should be there by next week... If not, I will claim something too!!

NicktheNorse

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
my CTO mbp 15inch 2.53ghz w/ hi res AG screen and 7200rpm drive (with accessories, vga/dvi adaptors) is supposed to arrive on Tuesday at the latest (thursday 6th at the earliest), but it still says 'prepared for shipment'. it's been like that for a few days

i assume it's not going to arrive by tuesday then? :(

When did you order yours?

I ordered my similar MBP (CTO) over the bank holiday weekend. Says delivery by the 12th of May but is still listed as Prepared for Shipment.

Sharky II

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom
Ordered April 26 - it was 3x identical MBP's all with identical spec and VGA/dvi adaptors.

The good news is that it's now changed to shipped!

The bad news is that it's pushed the date back til Thursday 7th May.

TNT is the carrier - there's three tracking numbers on the apple page, none of them seem to do anything at the moment. I only have my iPhone delivery app at the moment (old mbp is at work with broken bezel/hinge, Mac Pro @ studio). I'll be able to look into it more later.

I do feel better that it's shipped. I just hope it's perfect so that I don't have to go through this again!

Will let you know what's going on with the tracking!

NicktheNorse

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
Ordered April 26 - it was 3x identical MBP's all with identical spec and VGA/dvi adaptors.

TNT is the carrier - there's three tracking numbers on the apple page, none of them seem to do anything at the moment. I only have my iPhone delivery app at the moment (old mbp is at work with broken bezel/hinge, Mac Pro @ studio). I'll be able

I do feel better that it's shipped. I just hope it's perfect so that Odontoceti have to go through this again!

I'll be damned - mine has just changed to shipped as well. Estimated delivery 10th of May from "UPS Ireland."

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
I haven't ordered a computer online before so there's something I wanted to clarify. Will I need to sign the delivery when it comes along?

If so, this might be an issue for me because I live in University Halls and I'm usually out during the day for classes. Is there anything that I can do about this?

Normally, when I order something, the delivery guy just leaves it at the reception which then notify me and I go pick it up. But a computer is obviously much more expensive, so i dunno, will Apple require a signature?

Yes, the courier (TNT or UPS) will need a signature. As you correctly point out, its an expensive item and for Apple to cover their backs against any claims - they use a 'signed for service'.

MicDK

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2009
Denmark
Well, would you look at that! I just received an e-mail from Apple.

As some of you might (or might not) know, I ordered on the 15th of April and received my MacBook Pro on the 3rd of May - the last day of the original delivery estimate. I had mailed Apple a few times to ask for my order (it didn't ship until the 24th of April), and they apologized and said they would be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill when my MBP arrives. But when I received my MBP on the 3rd I thought I wouldn't bother asking for goodwill, as I did get what I was promised.

But Apple just wrote me to follow up on their promise and offered me a complimentary accessory or a refund of DKK500 (~£55). In the end I decided to get a Magic Mouse.

I'm seriously amazed at that service - they, themselves, contacted me to follow up on their promise. Amazing! I'm definitely ordering from Apple again!

Sharky II

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom

TNT is the carrier - there's three tracking numbers on the apple page, none of them seem to do anything at the moment. I only have my iPhone delivery app at the moment (old mbp is at work with broken bezel/hinge, Mac Pro @ studio). I'll be able to look into it more later.

I do feel better that it's shipped. I just hope it's perfect so that I don't have to go through this again!

Sorry i meant to say it's been pushed back to Thursday the 13th, not the 7th (that's today!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.